Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 202526272829303132333435 LastLast
    can i use any of the other speeds on her phone? 550? 600? 720?
    Quote Originally Posted by njackson580 View Post
    can i use any of the other speeds on her phone? 550? 600? 720?
    not on pixi
    super fast now
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Can't wait to be able to download this kickass kernel. Now i just need to pst like mofo.
    I dont know what went on, but what I do know is that now after installing the 800mhz patch on my pre plus I was able to pick up a GPS signal without doing any of the "tricks" to wake it up. Not only was I able to pick it up right away, but I was indoors in a brick house, with a room that only has 1 window, which is coverd. The dot in google maps was spot on the part of the house, and just to make sure it wasnt a cached location or something, I went outside and got the same results.
    Hi all,

I had upgraded to WebOSQI 3.1 yesterday and today, I figured I should give it a test.

So I uninstalled the 800 kernal and then reinstalled it.

I reading something when the Pre rebooted (as it should have) but I noticed on my computer screen that WebOSQI had popped up a very simple message: ERROR and that was it, nothing else.

The Pre rebooted and looks to be running fine, but I'm not sure what that 'Error' thing was all about.

Any ideas?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

@caj2008 the mediafire links everytime I click them tells me they are set to private I am not able to download the patches
    abansb. You might be trying to download the .sh file. Try the links in post #705 by caj2008 in this thread.
    tried that to all I get is a bunch of code
    I just tried it and it worked fine. The problem might be on your end.
    Newbie here, I have a verizon pre + (bought 2 days ago). I am trying to install the 800ipk. I followed the instructions but all it does is say installing! But it said that for an hr. I stopped the install checked my speed it says 500. Tried again, SAMETHING PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
    I am having to download to my phone
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Caj2008, are you going to recommend that we upgrade to the new app even if we are content with our Pre running at 800 Mhz with existing ipk installation?

I'm assuming the answer will be "yes" as you will only be updating the new Super PreKernel app in the future and dropping support for the variable ipks which are now available?

Have I correctly answered my own question?
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    You guys are really great! I've already donated twice but geez, I feel like another donation may now be required! Still the best thing to hit the Pre since its launch in June '09!
    As much as I appreciate your effort and skills, your installation instructions flat-out s*ck!! Took me 45 minutes to get it done, finally... However, it took me just 3 minutes with the previous patch & instructions.

Way too confusing, bro!
    Just an idea: why don't you stick to giving the installation instructions, first, and then refer to Disclaimers, uninstalling old patches and "Smart Phone Battle" movies on YouTube later on?

Thanks much for the updated patch, though!
    My Pre working at 720MHz is well worth the $5 I am about to donate. Maybe, you can get some help with the instructions next time? Just an idea... - THANKS!
    Newbie still having problems! Ive read instructions multiple times and followed each. Downloaded Wosqi an Dr for verizon, have updated java. Phone is in developer mode. Phone is up to date 1.4. When i connect the phone i put it in charge mode then install the 800 ipk an get an error. After i plug in phone an put it in usb it says installing. But never completes?? Were going on 25min an still installing????? PLEASE HELP
    Quote Originally Posted by armin00as View Post
    As much as I appreciate your effort and skills, your installation instructions flat-out s*ck!! Took me 45 minutes to get it done, finally... However, it took me just 3 minutes with the previous patch & instructions.

Way too confusing, bro!
    Just an idea: why don't you stick to giving the installation instructions, first, and then refer to Disclaimers, uninstalling old patches and "Smart Phone Battle" movies on YouTube later on?

My Pre working at 720MHz is well worth the $5 I am about to donate. Maybe, you can get some help with the instructions next time? Just an idea... - THANKS!
    what is wrong with you? someone makes an effort to make YOUR pre better and you complain? how about next time when you have a question, ask nicely. thats how we do it around here.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I don't know if I missed something...
    But I'm getting a "FAILED_IPKG_INSTALL" error every time I try to install this..
    Phone is in dev mode, plugged in and set to "just charge", Java is up to date, WebOSQI 3.1, have the doctor file, tried adding the file and dragging and dropping, rebooted my computer, rebooted the phone after Dev Mode and rebooted again... same error.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

Way too confusing, bro!

dude, really? I am in no way experienced with doing stuff like Caj on the phone, but it took me 10 minutes to get this installed. If you could not figure it out, then the issue is on your side as you are definitely in the minority here. This team did a fantastic job in doing what Palm didn't accomplish, making the pre even better. So shut your trap and try to read the instructions...
    Pretty easy to understand if you ask me and I am glad for all the disclaimers and warnings. You S**k, why not just ask a simple question or ask for personal help, these guys do it all the time. Amazing, geez.....

Way too confusing, bro!

Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre