Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    The 800mhz patch is amazing! Can I also download the 600 luna system manager?
    Do they go hand in hand?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    Well after several attempts...im still reporting 600 after installing 720.

started with stock 500, ipk install 720, got the error, phone restarted on own, did a full shut down once back on, checked speed in linux--600 reported.

uninstalled and reinstalled ipk with same result. Am i missing something?
    I've done it twice now. If i remove the patch. My speed goes back to 500. Then I reinstall. It shows in device management that the 800 MHz patch is installed, but when I do a speed test. I'm at 600.

And the phone isn't very fast like it was with the 800MHz.sh file. Something must be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdworsky View Post
    Same here. I thought maybe there was something wrong with the 720 IPK, so I uninstalled via directions, including full on/off, confirmed 500MHz, installed the 800MHz version, and after several reboots, still get 600MHZ in WOSQI command line.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Joe
    Same problem here, I tried to install both the 720 and 800 patches and both times the it is getting a report of 600MHZ in the command line.
    caj2008 - Stunning work as always. Can you please PM me your donate link, as I do not have 10 posts yet on this forum, and therefor cannot view signature links. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    FYI: I just did a review of these packages (only just saw them for the first time).

The only thing I noticed is that the post-install script is not idempotent, so it will fail when called from the Emergency Service Enabler utility. Not a big issue, but just something for folks writing post-install scripts to watch out for. A post-install script should be able to be run multiple times, and each time should result in the same final state irrespective of whether it has been run before or not.

BTW, we have unofficial word from a contact in Palm that he was not aware of any kernel changes from 1.4.0 to 1.4.1 ... but the same contact also confirmed the expected reduction in device lifetime resulting from running the device above 600MHz ...

-- Rod
    said the man with an agenda
    Quote Originally Posted by ujsc View Post
    haha... agenda or not, the studies have been done... the impact is real (at least in the aggregate). Now, that doesn't change my choices... but maybe it will when I brick and have to wait on a replacement D;
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    Quote Originally Posted by jdworsky View Post
    Same here. I thought maybe there was something wrong with the 720 IPK, so I uninstalled via directions, including full on/off, confirmed 500MHz, installed the 800MHz version, and after several reboots, still get 600MHZ in WOSQI command line.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Joe
    Same thing happened with me, I wonder if something got mixed up

EDIT: also did cat /proc/cpuinfo and BogoMIPS was 597.68
    Quote Originally Posted by cawkblocker View Post
    Same thing happened with me, I wonder if something got mixed up
    Same here with the 800. I uninstalled, and tried it all again and received the same 600 mghz reading.
    I could see myslef screwing this up somehow and getting the 600 reading (when installing 720) but it seems like 80+% of people are reporting the same thing...hmmm...???
    wow this is definitely smoother than it was on 1.4.1... i know its just the same kernal as was used in the 1.4 .sh but damn it flys now!!!

ps.. when i check my it speed says 800.. not sure why others are running into problems..
    what are you putting into command line to check speed ? Type it out here pleas ?!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by ujsc View Post
    what's his agenda is the question ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq

and this is what i get:

root@palm-webos-device: cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq
    root@palm-webos-device:
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    i think i have a bigger issue i ran the uninstall on my phone for 800mhz and now i dont get just charge or usb mode, i had the just charge by default patch installed i removed it and rebooted and nothing.

i can not connect to WOSQI and im not sure what version of DR i have.

and the battery life is drained to 20% in 2hours no usage other than running the uninstall
    use this and tell me what you get--- cat /proc/cpuinfo then hit enter note the space after cat
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    cat /proc/cpuinfo

And I get 597.68, with the 800 patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by krispy521 View Post

and this is what i get:

root@palm-webos-device: cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq
    root@palm-webos-device:
    this. and also
    root@palm-webos-device: cat /proc/cpuinfo
    Processor : ARMv7 Processor rev 3 (v7l)
    BogoMIPS : 597.68
    I am having the same issue now. Rebooting my computer as we speak o see if that fixes anything.

I don't have the just charge by default patch though.

Quote Originally Posted by Intlstyle View Post
    i think i have a bigger issue i ran the uninstall on my phone for 800mhz and now i dont get just charge or usb mode, i had the just charge by default patch installed i removed it and rebooted and nothing.

and the battery life is drained to 20% in 2hours no usage other than running the uninstall
    Quote Originally Posted by Intlstyle View Post

you need to unplug phone while its rebooting othwise this happens . Its the novacom driver . Reboot phone and computer
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast