Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
    nope uninstalled already before a trip to the dr. thanks for the quick response cant wait to try the new ipk.
    i am new to the forum and trying to install the 800mhz patch. i prefer to use the command line and was wondering if i have to use wosqi to install the 800 patch or can i use ipkg command line?

since i don't have many posts where can i get the most recent version of the patch?

thanks
    Thanks for waiting for my donation Caj. $20 sent just a bit ago. I also sent $20 to Jason Robitaile.
    Quote Originally Posted by mempreuser View Post
    i am new to the forum and trying to install the 800mhz patch. i prefer to use the command line and was wondering if i have to use wosqi to install the 800 patch or can i use ipkg command line?

since i don't have many posts where can i get the most recent version of the patch?

thanks
    If you have a good download link to the .sh file you can follow the instructions HERE to do it from your phone.
    thanks for the link. i have the 1.4.1 webos version and i have a 1.2.3 version .ipk file. i'm looking into the internalz app to see what it does. i use the developer mode root shell with novaterm and scp the file over to try the ipkg install.
    I'm a little late to the bandwagon, but I just installed the ipk. I can already see a difference. Kudos to the devs!!! I'll be donating again!!
    I'm a little late to the bandwagon, but I just installed the ipk. I can already see a difference. Kudos to the devs!!! I'll be donating again!!
    Thank you!
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Any way to make low voltage versions of these souped up kernels? They are doing in on the Droid (running 1.2GHz, Low Voltage on my Droid as I type this), but I would love to have some low voltage goodness for the Pre Plus (and avoid any overheating issues).
    any help or pointers would be appreciated. thx
    Last edited by mempreuser; 04/17/2010 at 02:21 PM.
    Works great. Kinda makes me wonder how awesome webos would be on a phone with specs like the HTC EVO
    For the record: the latest ipk file works perfectly... no more error windows for me ... highly recommended and thanks to the guys for their hard work ...
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Got a question to ask....Before I install the 800 MHz ipk do I have to uninstall the 500MHz that come with the pre? I been reading and searching this thread if anyone asked this question. Before I go ahead and do this I want to be sure. Can't wait to tried this out!
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Please use the ipk only on page 1 of this thread. This is the only one tested extensively You are confusing people as this ipk is different
    as a result of the minimum 10 limit posts i can't see the ipk package on page one. the only one i see are the ones referenced by a mediafire.com link. are they the same?

second part can i install them from the command line or does the wosqi do some other magic.

thnx
    Post three more time here and only use the .ipk here. It is the only one I know to be safe and has been tested in combination with cpu scling apps as well (if you want to go that route.

What part of the country are you from?
    formally from denver and now in la belle province.

once i get to 10 can i install the ipk from the command line?
    Downloads for 720 and 800 MHz most recent ipk's.

com.unixpsycho.webos141_720MHzKernel.ipk:
    Link:http://www.mediafire.com/?yfbzthtngmi

com.unixpsycho.webos141_800MHzKernel.ipk:
    Link:http://www.mediafire.com/?txtiqiymwo3
    hi caj.
    r these any differant from the ones on the first link in your sig?
    i downloaded mine 4 days ago from your sig.
    thanks
    Commandline not neceassary for install with ipk (much easier method). Read instructions on first page please.With 10 posts you can see all data
    i live on the command line all day at work ( also i am allergic to mice) so for me the command line is much easier.
    OFF TOPIC: why the restriction to view some links at 10. if this is covered in another thread point to the correct one. as far as i understand the power of open source is everyone can contribute the share they feel comfortable with. some people program, some administer, some tinker, some just try things and some actually participate.

my 2 cents.
    just installed this on my sprint pre and its awesome. very easy install with the ipk. now my girlfriend wants me to do it to hers. CAN IT BE DONE TO A PIXI PLUS WITH OS 1.4.0? i dont wanna try and screw somethin up as ive had problems with other patches that work great on my pre but not on her pixi plus... help?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!
    Quote Originally Posted by njackson580 View Post
    just installed this on my sprint pre and its awesome. very easy install with the ipk. now my girlfriend wants me to do it to hers. CAN IT BE DONE TO A PIXI PLUS WITH OS 1.4.0? i dont wanna try and screw somethin up as ive had problems with other patches that work great on my pre but not on her pixi plus... help?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!
    dont do it.