Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 162122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Originally Posted by caj2008
    I have over a hundred patches, just install the kernel it is compatible with all patches with the exception of Luna Sys Mgr and kernel patches. Works well with cou scler ultimate
    Is the Luna System Manager a patch or are you speaking of the Luna Manager Application.
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    Is the Luna System Manager a patch or are you speaking of the Luna Manager Application.
    yes there is an app called luna system manager , but you dont need it if you have preware because you can restart luna with preware in the top menu
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    so the Luna manager needs to be uninstalled if you are using the 720MHz kernal, is that correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    so the Luna manager needs to be uninstalled if you are using the 720MHz kernal, is that correct?
    Neither Preware, Package Manager Service or the Luna Manager application ever need to be uninstalled for any reason.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    ok so luna sys mgr is not the same thing as luna manager app. Thank you I was confused. In my post a few post up, you see where caj2008 says the kernal is compatible with all patches except the luna sys mgr & kernal patches. Thank again & sorry for the confusion.
    Ok, so first off thank you all for making this phone amazing. I just got 3 people to buy pre plus last week because of the Verizon deal. Now however, is my time to pout:

I previously installed the 800 mhz sh files with no problem, and my phone ran great. I had to get it replaced (nothing to do with the overclocking, and I removed it before I took it into the Sprint store).

Now, I am unable to download the sh files, and when trying to install the ipk I get a very odd error. Can someone please help? (or simply give me the sh file since I am confident in being able to the un/install with that file) I am by no means a programmer, but I will do my best to answer any questions.

I appreciate anyone who can help. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by nittanylion74 View Post
    Ok, so first off thank you all for making this phone amazing. I just got 3 people to buy pre plus last week because of the Verizon deal. Now however, is my time to pout:

I previously installed the 800 mhz sh files with no problem, and my phone ran great. I had to get it replaced (nothing to do with the overclocking, and I removed it before I took it into the Sprint store).

Now, I am unable to download the sh files, and when trying to install the ipk I get a very odd error. Can someone please help? (or simply give me the sh file since I am confident in being able to the un/install with that file) I am by no means a programmer, but I will do my best to answer any questions.

I appreciate anyone who can help. Thank you.
    what is the error ? there was an error with the kernels if you read the beggining of the thread its known and will not hurt your phone
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Thanks for the quick reply...I have a screen shot of the error, but as I don't usually post, I do not know how to add it to this reply.

Anyways, it looks as though I fixed my own problem. I had not yet installed the package manager device to my new pre. After I installed that and preware, the ipk installed wonderfully.

Again, thank you to everyone who makes this phone so amazing.
    PS: Here is the error typed out in case it can help anyone in a similar situation.

ERROR: An error occured while attempting to install .com.unixpsycho......

Clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg=unixpsycho.l337...........
    An error ocurred, return value 4.
    Collected errors:
    Cannot find package unixpsycho.l337......
    Check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update'
    Quote Originally Posted by nittanylion74 View Post
    PS: Here is the error typed out in case it can help anyone in a similar situation.

ERROR: An error occured while attempting to install .com.unixpsycho......

Clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg=unixpsycho.l337...........
    An error ocurred, return value 4.
    Collected errors:
    Cannot find package unixpsycho.l337......
    Check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update'
    that means you need to delete the preware app and package manager service , and then reinstall them both
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Thanks again, yea I actually figured that out before I posted again. I realized I was pretty ******** because I hadn't yet installed the package manager service on my replacement pre.

Anyways, thanks!
    your welcome ttyl
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Jeff and Marco-

Okay things finally slowed down here and in the meantime you guys created the ipk so I decided to try again. Jeff I followed your advice and took out my Amzer 2800 battery and replaced it with the Seido 2600 (and the Seido back). I installed the 800 MHz kernel patch using the ipk.

Worked like a charm. Speed is great. You may recall with the Amzer it kept heating a lot very fast. Well, now it is better but not as better as I had hoped. For normal multi tasking it stays pretty cool (that made it heat up with the Amzer). For streaming music or video if plugged in, it still heated. In fact it climbed to 52 (!) within ten minutes or less. I was afraid to let it run longer and risk going higher then 52. When not plugged in it streamed music for 40 minutes before reaching 45 degrees. Not sure if it would have gotten hotter as I had to stop it because of an appointment. So it goes longer before heating unplugged but still far form ideal, and plugged in its not good at al. In the car I have often plugged it in and streamed as I drive but now I cannot do that without it heating. Same for wall plug.

Any other ideas to solve the heating? I note that I had 1.4. installed and running at stock speed from the time the OS update came out until yesterday so no issue of needing to equillibrilize (sp?)

Also - another weird problem - one I am not sure is the 800 or is 1.4.1 - sometimes the icons in the quick launch bar stop working. I tap them and nothing happens. At such time s the other icons in teh launcher pages work fine. Just those in the bar dont work. Strange. The only way I can fix it is to do a restart.

I LOVE this patch and the speed - it makes the phone SO much more usable. But still frustrated and sad about the heating during streaming, I would hate to give up the ability to stream, which I have always used so heavily.

Jeff and Marcos, any ideas?

Everyone else.....DID YOU MAKE YOUR DONATION YET???? These guys are putting in an amazing amount of time and deserve our support. PLEASE - MAKE A DONATION. I MADE ONE FOR 20 ALREADY AND WILL BE MAKING A SECOND ONE SHORTLY. PLEASE DO THE SAME. If the 800 is making a difference for you they deserve our support, not just our thanks.
    alright caj, just wanted you to know about some issues so you can look into it if you want. a few days ago i told you my phone all the sudden got extremely slow and started draining battery like crazy, well it just did it again today (this is now the third time, i think all 3 of them were 1.4.1.1 athough the first may have just been 1.4). im thinking about doin a full webos doctor this time though. im not sure if others have been having this issue cause it doesnt seem that widespread when i glance through the thread.

UPDATE: this is not with the brand new update.
    Last edited by hockey4life0099; 04/14/2010 at 12:36 AM.
    I am running at 800Mhz, speed increase is very noticeable.

Since I am draining my battery daily, due to use, I don't expect major changes, but I will report back with my experiences.

Thank you!!
    to install this must the os be clean ie no patches?
    Global Posts
    557 Global Posts
    Donated right now for the tremendous effort and great work. Love your patches and I hope developmet will be continued.
    Quote Originally Posted by churro View Post
    to install this must the os be clean ie no patches?

as long as you don't have another kernel installed your fine .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Thanks for all the efforts and time given to make the Pre a much better phone!
    Can't seem to find the ipk. Anyone have a link for the 720/800mhz?
    Maybe I have to be at 10 posts? haha.