Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    WOW... is all I can say cause holy crap is my phone fast!
    should it look like this
    Code:
    root@palm-webos-device: cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq
    root@palm-webos-device:
    ?
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by derik123derik123 View Post
    should it look like this
    Code:
    root@palm-webos-device: cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq
    root@palm-webos-device:
    ?
    yes, if you installed the 800MHz kernel. It is working.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    yes, if you installed the 800MHz kernel. It is working.
    thanks
    Everytime I try to connect it says

"ERROR 1:

Connection refused: connect"

Then it says:

"ERROR:

No Device found."

Did I forgot a driver or something? When I change to USB mode it connects to the computer without a hitch.

Thanks in advance for helping a noob.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mechanicboy View Post
    Everytime I try to connect it says

"ERROR 1:

Connection refused: connect"

Then it says:

"ERROR:

No Device found."

Did I forgot a driver or something? When I change to USB mode it connects to the computer without a hitch.

Thanks in advance for helping a noob.
    Close webOS Quick Install, remove your Pre, connect the Pre and open webOS Quick Install. Works for me.

Maybe reboot your phone just to be safe.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    So, if I am running 1.4.1.1 with a bunch of patches already, what are my options? Just uninstall the patches and have at the ipk install, or are more drastic measures needed?
    I didn't have Novacom installed. Installed it and it connected. Now I get a different message. It was long, i'll try to get it again.
    "error: an error occured while attempting to install .com.unixpsyncho.webos141_800mhzkernal_armv7.ipk

clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg=unixpsycho.l337techmod.800kernal (arch_priority=0 flag=16 want=2)
    An error ocurred, return value 4.
    Collected errors:
    Cannot find package unixpsycho.l337techmod.800kernal.
    check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update'
    "
    Hey, quick question?? Had the 800 sh file for a while but battery started draining really fast all of a sudden. I uninstalled it and put the 720 ipk to my phone. Now preware nor quick install reads any of my patches. I removed the 720 ipk and still nothing. But phone does read back to stock. Any quick ideas. Thanks! oh yeah.....its not reading any of my applications either though you can physically see the patches and apps. wierd.
    Last edited by Jerenyq; 04/12/2010 at 11:54 PM. Reason: forgot something.
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Using WOSQI 3.02 unistall Preware and package manager then reinstall them. The ipkbwill install with no isssue now.
    If you mean by using device management then it's not comming up, either one of them. The only thing I see if the programs I've downloaded and nothing under patches. Is this the problem?
    Using WOSQI 3.02 unistall Preware and package manager then reinstall them. The ipkbwill install with no isssue now.
    Installed preware and package manager(found in the noop section ) restarted, then it installed. Thanks caj!
    .................................................................................................... ...

Actually you didnt need to Dr but I know why it helped. The ipk was rerouted to the wrong directory (OS1.4 issue?) in as many 25% of users which was overcome by a ipk solution posed by Number1Pete. Note the script has not changed one iota (same as we orginally released for OS1.40/OS1.41 .sh file CDMA/GSM Pre & Pre Plus version. This was just the fact that the delivery method suffered at the hands of the intgration of the new packaging system with the current OS. I actually tested had 8 versions of the ipk tested and this is the only ipk repackaging solution that worked (trial and error among control and 800 club members). That ipk (current 720/800 ipks) have been subsequently revised for improved potential Preware inclusion. Many other changes for intrasystem stability have been made which after further testing will be released soon. Dont worry if the you have already installed the past ipk as the current solution will serve you fine. This new ipk will be given a diferent name than the current. Three added benefits are seen from this new ipk: 1) no communication error seen in install so far amongst testers, 2) change in ipk infrastructure for better system stability (simplistic explanation), with added 3) directory assignment so no 600 club membership is seen. More testing needs to be done before this will be released (safety first).

Please note that the only kernels ipk's reported available in this thread are the ones tested successfully in combination with Number1Pete's cpu scaler apps (another option you may want to add functionality wise-I know I did!!)

Link: Cpu Scaler app: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...cpu-speed.html

Thanks for taking the time to explain it to me. I was actually reading on an other thread about the revised kernel you're working on and stumbled across your reply to my post. Boy did that make me happy.

As far as CPU Scaler, I installed that app as soon as it was released.. I just wished he was accepting the 4.99 as a "donation" so that PayPal wouldn't get such a huge cut.

Thanks again for all the hard work. You've made me almost forget about the Evo.
    sweet...got it working...phone is a lot snappier.....had a few strange issues pop up but after a few reboots seems to be working smoothly...let's see how the battery holds up. Thanks guys!
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    I have over a hundred patches, just install the kernel it is compatible with all patches with the exception of Luna Sys Mgr and kernel patches. Works well with cou scler ultimate

Is that 'Luna Manager' the app, or something else?

Besides that I can go ahead and install the IPK right over everything else (patches, preware, package manager)?

Thanks!
    I finally got around to installing the 800 MHZ patch, which was very simply given the excellent instructions. Probably easier for a tech guy like me, but as long as people carefully read the instructions, it's very simple.

As far as the effectiveness of the patch is concerned, I cannot believe what I've been missing out on all this time. My Sprint Pre (original release!) is moving at the speed that I always wanted it to. Launching apps, swiping cards left right up, and just about everything is so much faster. My favorite thing is simply navigating through the launcher pages without any delay. It's incredible how much faster Facebook loads too! If this what kind of performance webOS is capable of running on an original Sprint Pre, I can just imagine how amazing it will run on better hardware without even patching it to overclock.

Once again the patch developers have raised my standard of webOS where I cannot imagine going back to 500MHZ. Now I see what all the fuss is about when we upgrade to another webOS version and how anxious people are to get 700/800mhz going again on their Pres. I am officially part of this group of people!

I just think of how important of a role the developers who make these patches available are to the success of webOS. People really need to understand that, and I'm sure most of the users on here do. For starters, a major kudos is in order for the developers as well as a donation, which I plan on doing very soon.

Cheers
    I look at dissa one an da new operating look like 1.4.1.1 an it SOOOOOO fast even wit out da dissa one patch for da 800mhzaz! maybe now even wit da 8000mhzha patch it make it SOOOOOO MUCH FAST AGAIN!
    What I meant to convey was that I previously had the 800mhz .sh method installed on my phone along with a bunch of patches and a theme when my phone decided to go ahead and update itself to 1.4.1.1 (after some days of me constantly ignoring the update).

When it finished, EVERYTHING STILL WORKED PERFECTLY. I have since replaced the phone (on my 4th Pre now) because of a problem with the operating nut aka, I dropped it. It looks like 1.4.1.1 by itself is a world faster than 1.4 by itself (unless mine was just so loaded with crap that it was bogged down or soemthing). I just put the 800mhz patch (.sh method, of course) on my brand new 1.4.1.1 Pre and I must say, this thing is faster than a Kenyan. THANKS FOR ALL THE HARD WORK!

Andrew
    I followed the instructions but it seems like I'm the only one who cant get it to work lol. When you say an error message comes up, it's not the same as your saying...it says cannot find the package and to check the spelling or run ipkg update. Am I doing something wrong? Cuz when I go back to check speed its still at 500 mhz
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Hot Dayum! Got the 800mhz going for a few days now and it is incredible. Really loving the phone. Phone is kicking *** and so are you guys. Awesome work.