Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 141920212223242526272829 34 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravaloft View Post
    Tried searching for the answer but didn't see anything.
    The question is if I can use the .ipk for 1.4.1 on webOS 1.4.

Verizon is not releasing the patch. Calling them today and telling them I only will pay part of the phone bill since only part of the phone works with my cars bluetooth.
    really ? did you read the post above yours ?? really ?! lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    I'm currently quite happily running the 800 file, with no obvious problems.

However can someone explain in simple terms what the 550/600 MHz LunaSysMgr files are all about? Should I be using them too.

Plus the other Scaling files, what are they all about ?
    those are basicall just speeding you up too 550 or 690 mhz , and no you should not install either one if you have another kernel installed it would frakkk your phone for sure.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    really ? did you read the post above yours ?? really ?! lol
    Yes, I did read the one above mine. And When I was asking the question it was not posted. It is possible that I was typing as that was being posted
    Last edited by Ravaloft; 04/11/2010 at 02:09 PM. Reason: I have found your answers helpful. Edited because I was a dick
    just asking man lol you could have edited your post so everyone knows you saw it . really !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I'm writing hin here in case anyone who knows may have some ideas.

I had the 800 Kernal ipk installed for a little bit, but decided to uninstall it. I used the WOSQI to both install and uninstall.

The Pre rebooted and I left it for the evening.

This morning, the battery was completely dead, after recharging for a bit, I still had the booting palm logo on my pre for probably 20 mins. I pulled the battery and after more tries decided to just Doctor it. The Doctor appears to run just fine, but when the phone reboots at the end of the Doctor, same deal...the phone hangs at the palm boot logo.

Am wondering if there is something written into the boot routine that would not be restored by the Doctor or????

I'm at a total loss. I have tried Doctoring 3 times, all with the same result.

Some more peculiars, If I pull the battery and replace it, the phone lights up with the palm logo without my hitting the power button. With the battery pulled and pluggin in a usb cable connected to a PC I get the battery with a question mark without hitting the power button.
    HI all, im curretly running verizon 1.4 and installed the 800 MHz kernal. Can i also install the 600 MHz luna ipk as well or will that mess up my phone. Im a rookie so any help would be appreciated thanks!
    @dbtrade

first you need to plug in phone to regular charge for like 30 min. to an hour . then doctor your phone and start it and let it sit for a little while even with the boot logo for a while like 30 min to 40 min. if it persists then im not sure whats next to try. make sure your using the correct version of the doctor for your particular phone and provider.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Thanks to all of the people who helped make this happen. I just installed the .ipk patch and it's amazing how big the difference is. I had the 720.sh and that was great but it is even snappier then before and no splash screens...

Once I get some money in my paypal I'm going to donate!
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    After updating Save/Restore, I noticed it now supports the Stock Kernal and Uber Kernal. Is the Uber Kernal yours caj2008?
    These are the two next-generation kernels that are being built by WebOS Internals on behalf of the five or so kernel developers who are now collaborating on the next-generation kernel.

They will be OTA-safe (using the next-generation aupt-4 technology) and be available in a custom feed for Preware. You will also be able to use orange+tap to safely uninstall them.

Please don't ask when they will be ready (they are far from ready for public consumption). If you are a kernel developer, then you will already know how to build them yourself from the public source code repository on git.webos-internals.org ... and open development is occuring in the IRC channel.

That's the last I'll say about them in this thread - I repeat, they are not ready for public consumption, and there is no way they will be available to anyone who is not able to build a Linux kernel themselves until at least a number of weeks timeframe (maybe June). Then of course there will be alpha testing and beta testing etc.

So discussion about them is really off-topic for this thread, and I apologise to caj2008 for the diversion. Now back to the topic of the kernels that are currently in public release ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    @dbtrade

first you need to plug in phone to regular charge for like 30 min. to an hour . then doctor your phone and start it and let it sit for a little while even with the boot logo for a while like 30 min to 40 min. if it persists then im not sure whats next to try. make sure your using the correct version of the doctor for your particular phone and provider.
    I doctored it 3 times just because I couldn't think of anything else to do. Then after giving up hope and calling Sprint requesting a new phone, and I was playing with the keys on the phone...actually hit the orange + sym + U key combo once, and the palm logo started glowing and the phone booted after a few minutes.

Now is the following just a coincidence? I had been to the Sprint site a few times and it was down today. They were upgrading to their 'new look'. The site came back up around the same time! Does the phone have to authenticate with Sprint before it will boot when it has been Doctored? Do they operate the system computers in the same system as their website? Probably not.....Or just co-incidence...you decide.

Thanks to all the latest and greatest enhancements from the WebOS-Internals team, recovering after a Doctoring is not all that painful.
    Nice job!!
    Caj2008,
    Is there a specific reason for being a member of the 600 club?

The funny thing is that after the move from 1.4 to 1.4.1 I was stuck at 600 and couldn't get it to go past 600 with the ipk even though I followed the directions included with the 600 club post.

My strange fix came after I doctored my pre and did a secure erase before attempting the ipk again, which worked the first time around.

I'm amazed that membership is so high.
    Although it's been said before.. I'm super happy with this kernel and the cpu scaler ultimate....

looking forward to the "final" release.
    you get my pm caj2008 ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Those versions you have will suffer from the 600 club issue (25% of all usersd at least suffer from this). The current ipk I have dont have this issue (only onmes but werent built for Preware) and the kernel has been been downloaded 18,000 times in all for OS 1.40 and OS1.41combined showing excellent safety (18000 total combined downloads). There is no issues with either OS1.4 and OS1.41 even with the slighly different but insignificant change in source (Palm). You stated there was no change but my source told me otherwise s(very slight change) so it had to be tested extensively. Also the 800 ipk has been tested extensively in combination with cpu scaler app so we know the compatibility and have shown the combination possibly promotes battery saving and longevity (data still being compiled). This weekend I have had new ipks rebuilt and repackaged with autobuilder after your complaints on the IRC channel to fulfill your criteria for Preware (took all weekend). I will send them to you shortly (completing final test now) and then post them here. All that remains is on your end (aupt-4 binary support). I hope what you told me on the IRC (see log) didnt create a huge waste of time for me as the changes your requested from were extensive and took a lot of time and effort.
    The ipkgs that will come in a month or so time use a completely different packaging method, so any problems they will have will be completely unrelated to the exist packaging and kernels.

I have not requested any changes from you regarding the current ipkgs, as I have no connection with them - they are your baby and I do not want to be seen to be interfering in any way.

-- Rod
    I respect your opinions very much truly and am motivated by the excellent example you have set. Happy 7 year Precentral anniversary BTW!!.

On the IRC log, in order for future Preware consideration, you said they need to be packaged using your new autobuilder packager which I have complied. It wasnt a complaint but a very legitimate concern (sorry if that could have been misconstrued, not my intention)!!! You were more than correct correct on the IRC saying they were not in appropriate format. Rebuilt ipk has incorporated non-luna service style script. Current ipk had some issues..ill formatted that could cause system instability, installing it as luna service when in reality it is a independent .sh script. It install as though it were a java services upstart scripts and all. This isn't a java service, but it being installed as though it were a java service. There were files placed in the d-bus area as well as needless upstart scripts that needed to be cleaned out then did repackaging using your new autobuilder...still no support yet for binary aupt-4 so we will have to wait on that (ie-for new users, Rod's auto builder: Ipk'st in autobuilder format which minus the autobuilder, is AUPT scripts so that it'd work through OTA updates)

I just wanted to make things easier. That was done and uniquely rebuilt to remove the communication error seen with all prior ipk's (attachment 10). They also work with 600 club so far. They have been checked out but I dont release until testing is complete. I will send a a copy to you, Steve and Marco to help new kernel efforts (open source environment maintained. I believe you will find these easy to incorporate the new aupt-4 support for binary when available, but I will let you be the judge of that as you are the resident expert
    Thanks Jeff. I'm on holidays for the next week, so won't be able to look at anything until well after that. Good luck with the testing and final release before we unfortunately lose you from PreCentral.

-- Rod
    hey guys.....trying to install the 800MHz patch through WOSQI and when I hit the install button I get an error about not finding a package...i have attached a screenshot of the error...any idea what the problem is?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    This is not an issue with kernel. You just need to reinstall package manager and preware with WOSQI 3.02 then try install again. Don't need to Dr. Problem solved.
    Forgive my lack of knowledge....but reinstall package manager and preware? Do you mean just delete WOSQI and re-install it?
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mwarez View Post
    Forgive my lack of knowledge....but reinstall package manager and preware? Do you mean just delete WOSQI and re-install it?
    I believe what I would do is just remove preware and package manager from your phone and reinstall both using wosqi...
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mwarez View Post
    WOSQI is not preware. go into WOSQI and click tool and then device management. find preware and delete, find package manager service and delete. reinstall both the the way you first did one at a time starting with package manager service
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1