Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425262728 33 ... LastLast
    Well, finally had to uninstall the 800mhz patch. The increased battery drain and excessive heat were getting to be to much of a problem. Both issues weren't really issues unless I was surfing the net or watching video on Sprint TV or You Tube.
    It's a shame, as the speed was incredible. But, if you can't do what you gotta do without the device overheating to the point that you can hardly touch it, well the patch kinda defeats it's purpose. It was good while it lasted, but it's back to just plain ole Pre.
    The Saint
    I think I'm really ******** but, I still can't get this to work. I get this warning when I try to install 800mhz file on WOSQI... I am currently trying to run this on webos 1.4.1.1 ....PLEASE HELP!
    whoops here is the screenshot of the warning....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I hate that error... I had it too... But, I was impatient and just doctored my pre. After that it worked.

I hope Jeff can help you out so that you wont have to Dr... I personally don't care all that much about doctoring my pre often. That was one solution.
    I almost got mad trying to follow the wget linux command line instructions to install this patch on the previous thread (I' don't "speak any linux" ), untill I finally found this other thread, downloaded the file, figured out it was going to work with WOQI (didn't read the new instructions)... and VOILÁ... I'm a very very happy "pre-owner".

Although I would like the pre worked as snapy as the iPhone does (now that it also is going to have "multitask", or some kind of), this patch is a HUGE implementation, so THANK YOU guys!

But it makes me sad, because even at 800MHz the Pre really isn't as fast as it should be. Makes me think future webOS devices, even whith the famous 1GHz "Snapdragon" processor, aren't going to work it out, so I think we're gonna have a long long long "centro-like" and "treo-pro-like" agony again
    I can't see the donation link because of my post-count...
    I hope I get there soon...!
    I don't want to bother anybody, whith non-sense posts....
    ...but it's the only way I can figure out how to donate!
    deleted post since question was answered by reading the text... I'm running on webos 1.4.1.1 On the original 800 .Sh patch meant for 1.4.0 . Now from reading the pages. No new kernel was implemented by the ota palm sent out so I can take my time before unistalling the .sh and installing the ipk (which is the same as the .sh just a different input method) and I shouldn't have any draw backs correct?
    Last edited by OverLordOfYou; 04/11/2010 at 03:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by clintwinstead View Post
    Well, finally had to uninstall the 800mhz patch. The increased battery drain and excessive heat were getting to be to much of a problem. Both issues weren't really issues unless I was surfing the net or watching video on Sprint TV or You Tube.
    It's a shame, as the speed was incredible. But, if you can't do what you gotta do without the device overheating to the point that you can hardly touch it, well the patch kinda defeats it's purpose. It was good while it lasted, but it's back to just plain ole Pre.
    I was running the stock 500 trying to troubleshoot something else and my phone still heated up actually quicker than when I was running the 720 or 800mhz. Just using stock applications with the 500 my phone was running at 49 degrees Celcius. Running the 720/800 actually has my phone running cooler. I was an alpha tester for both 1.3.5 and 1.4.0. In my experiences having a low signal and running graphic extensive games appears to cause the phone to heat up quickly whether you are stock or overclocked. The safe zone has been stated between 45-50 but we have to remember that is just the battery temp and with just about any device the more power you draw the warmer it gets. Just my 2 cents.
    caj I notice the paid cpuscaler app references another build of your kernel that is supposed to be optimized for the use of the cpu scaler app. Is that the one we should install when using the cpuscaler app or just use the ipk from this thread?
    Is there any chance of a working IPK that will work first time.

Reading this post is hurting my head especially when I don't quite speak linux
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by craigy99 View Post

If you have never installed any other patch for cpu acceleration, then just download the ipk and install it. For most, that is all you need to do and then reap the rewards.

As for the temp patch, same thing. Download it and install. If your Pre gets too hot, it will warn you.

This ipk is really easy as pie. (Was for me anyways.)
    Just donated! Although it isn't much, but I'm just a college guy with very limited financial sources..

Keep it up guys! If it weren't for you guys, I probably would have already exchanged my Pre for different phone..
    Quote Originally Posted by craigy99 View Post

It took me a long time too
    Just download one of these, and install whith WebOS Quick Install:

com.unixpsycho.550mhz.AnyOS_armv7.ipk:
    Link:http://www.mediafire.com/?3hlzjrzozkq

com.unixpsycho.600mhz.AnyOS_armv7.ipk:
    Link:http://www.mediafire.com/?zfzjd54ujm5

com.unixpsycho.webos141_720MHzkernel_armv7.ipk:
    Link:http://www.mediafire.com/?hmgzgjddlzn

com.unixpsycho.webos141_800MHzkernel_armv7.ipk:
    Link:http://www.mediafire.com/?zy2wtgnz2jy

Also look on preware for Device Temperature Warning Patch, or download from this link, and install it whith WOQI:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?nt5gntyd0wl

You can find all this on the 1st post of this threat
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Tried searching for the answer but didn't see anything.
    The question is if I can use the .ipk for 1.4.1 on webOS 1.4.

Verizon is not releasing the patch. Calling them today and telling them I only will pay part of the phone bill since only part of the phone works with my cars bluetooth.
    I'm currently quite happily running the 800 file, with no obvious problems.

However can someone explain in simple terms what the 550/600 MHz LunaSysMgr files are all about? Should I be using them too.

Plus the other Scaling files, what are they all about ?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    After updating Save/Restore, I noticed it now supports the Stock Kernal and Uber Kernal. Is the Uber Kernal yours caj2008?
    Second post
    @caj I notice the paid cpuscaler app references another build of your kernel that is supposed to be optimized for the use of the cpu scaler app. Is that the one we should install when using the cpuscaler app or just use the ipk from this thread?