Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122232425 30 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    first time I installed 720MHz.sh with "Terminal". Worked great for about a day. After a Pre restart, everything became slow. Tried to remove it through Terminal,but it couldn't open location. So I removed through Quick Installer. I then installed the 720MHz.ipk with QInstaller. Once again, worked great for a day. After a restart phone became so slow. I removed through Preware. Turned off/on, Pre worked fine. Tested cpu speed showed 500000. Later in the day updated Preware feeds to check for updated patchs. 720MHz Custom Kernel was under "Linux apps". As the install icon and everything!
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Can I install the ipk directly from the Pre and bypass WOSQI entirely?
    I double checked my Preware Alpha and the patches are NOT showing up. I've checked, and double checked and nothing is there. I even have a few other feeds added beyond the 'stock' feeds and the ipk files are not there for 720 or 800mhz.

I'm going to give it a shot, but stick with the .sh file for now
    Quote Originally Posted by mtg711 View Post
    Can't even find the link under the Linux Apps. Could've been put up by accident and pulled down quickly. I got pretty excited! I'll keep looking.
    Thanks anyway.
    right now you will only see it in there if you have the ipk installed already other wise you will not !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by fastamx79 View Post
    I double checked my Preware Alpha and the patches are NOT showing up. I've checked, and double checked and nothing is there. I even have a few other feeds added beyond the 'stock' feeds and the ipk files are not there for 720 or 800mhz.

I'm going to give it a shot, but stick with the .sh file for now
    read my last post please
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtonk View Post
    Can I install the ipk directly from the Pre and bypass WOSQI entirely?
    excuse me my bad
    no not install but uninstall ! its under installed linux applications
    Last edited by Shadavis08; 04/07/2010 at 09:24 PM.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    read my last post please
    Yes, I am quite aware of what you posted. I was reiterating to the person that posted saying he saw it in Preware that it couldn't be in there.

If you read my previous posts you would see I've read every single post in this thread (among the others) regarding this overclock. I am well aware it will be 'many weeks' until this package makes it to Preware due to the fact the source code for 1.4.1.1. has not been released.

I'm not trying to start ******.. I am very informed of what is going on regarding this patch.
    Yes, I am quite aware of what you posted. I was reiterating to the person that posted saying he saw it in Preware that it couldn't be in there.

If you read my previous posts you would see I've read every single post in this thread (among the others) regarding this overclock. I am well aware it will be 'many weeks' until this package makes it to Preware due to the fact the source code for 1.4.1.1. has not been released.

I'm not trying to start ******.. I am very informed of what is going on regarding this patch.
    just a little defensive there arent you lol wow
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    just a little defensive there arent you lol wow
    Not trying to be.. but I've seen how some people on these forums are treated so I wanted to 'clear the air'
    have you seen me treat people like that . if not then you should know you dont need to "clear the air" with someone thats only trying to help ......so whatever lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Ummm....ok hug and make up! Lol anyone know why the 720MHz kernel is appearing in my Preware as if available, and no one elses? And why doing a restart a day later causes the Kernel to make my Pre go CRAZY slow? This Kernel is awesome, and I will continue to use it. But, it's starting to worry me alittle! Thanks...
    I am well aware it will be 'many weeks' until this package makes it to Preware due to the fact the source code for 1.4.1.1. has not been released.
    That is not the only reason why it will take weeks. We also need to create, alpha test, beta test, and deploy an OTA-safe method of packaging, updating and removing kernels and binary patches. That is not a trivial task.

Once a package is in a Preware feed, it is suddenly available to over 200 thousand people, most of which do *not* read PreCentral forums. That is why it will only be in a custom feed, so people need to read a wiki page to get the custom feed location (and hopefully read the other up-to-date information on a single wiki page rather than having to scroll through thousands of posts on a forum). Of course then bloggers and other tech sites will post the feed location without a link to the location of the single place for up-to-date explanatory information, and the cycle of support load for people who have not read the latest instructions (not referring to anyone in this thread of course) will begin again.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Rod-- I believe I figured out the issue with The kernel appearing in Preware. Although I removed the Kernel, Prewares new "Saved Package List" was making the Kernel appear as if installed. When I updated my Saved Package list, then updated my feed. The Kernel was removed! Any idea on my lag issues when restarting Pre a day later? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Misha7869 View Post
    this is odd, i have used the ipk before and everything worked fine.. i just doctored my pre so starting clean. when i try to install the 800, i check my speed after and it says 600?
    Same here...installed 800 and the speed shows 600 only.

Any ideas?

JB
    Should take the following steps: first: Install the patch from 800MHz (if they are I leave here, remember you have to install using the Linux command line. Http://download126.mediafire.com/xal...cg/wmmuhwzmwz1 / 800MHzOS14.sh var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh), second: check the speed, that you should mark the 800MHz, third: uninstall the patch and verify that the 500MHz speed this again; room: turn off your Pre (and of course, turn it on again), fifth: 800MHz IPK installed in the sixth: Check your speed ... and vuala! Pre You will be running at 800MHz per second.
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    sh file will be pulled after Verizon update is complete
    Caj, are you telling me to load 800 sh now on my computer, before it is to late?
    or sh will be available for some short time after Verizon update in case of 600 club issues?
    Doctored my Pre last night using WEBOSDoctor 1.4.1.1 due to the 800 kernel making universal search non functional. Applied the 800 kernel again this time using the ipk through WOSQI. My phone now shoes it is running at 600 ?? I see a few others in this thread have had the same thing happen. Should I uninstall using WOSQI, the try to reinstall using the linus command and .sh install? Help?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by katsnuts View Post
    Same here...installed 800 and the speed shows 600 only.

Any ideas?

JB
    just use the .sh. I installed it last night. And so far so good. Speed test showed 800.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by packpackpack View Post
    Doctored my Pre last night using WEBOSDoctor 1.4.1.1 due to the 800 kernel making universal search non functional. Applied the 800 kernel again this time using the ipk through WOSQI. My phone now shoes it is running at 600 ?? I see a few others in this thread have had the same thing happen. Should I uninstall using WOSQI, the try to reinstall using the linus command and .sh install? Help?
    yeah, just use the .sh. It worked for me, and I was having the same issue you are.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    I. To all members of the 600 Club:
    IPk is fine, my Solution is install 800 OS1.4 .sh file, power off/on 2X, uninstall 800 OS1.4.sh file, power off and on 2X, then ipk will install after power off and on (Voila 800 MHZ and no more ipk future issues will be seen)

Same is true for 720 MHz
    If I doctor my Pre (1.2.1 first then 1.4.1.1) will the new ipk install fine from the start?