Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Have your ipk 720MHz installed. Had the sh version before. I've noticed if I restart my phone. The phone becomes very slow. Some apps won't even open. The sh did the same. Any idea what's causing this lag? It goes away if kernel is uninstalled! Then works great when reinstalled. Ran cpu test. States 720000. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    The script in the .sh and ipk is the same. Only difference is mode of delivery. We wont continue to support .sh files much longer.
    Really? I see, do you know if there is any reason why my Pre is responding different to ipk compared to sh?
    I used to be in the 600 club.

Installed the 720 sh. rebooted

Un-installed the 720 sh. rebooted

Installed the 720 ipk. rebooted

Now I am no longer in the 600 club.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by troymiller View Post
    I used to be in the 600 club.

Installed the 720 sh. rebooted

Un-installed the 720 sh. rebooted

Installed the 720 ipk. rebooted

Now I am no longer in the 600 club.

Thanks!
    Same experience for me.
    If you read carefully I posed a solution for this, you will see all you have to do now is uninstall the 800 .sh file, Pre off/on, and reinstall the ipk and it will work perfectly now
    Sorry, my bad. I've killed my Pre once already yesterday evening using the sh method due to an incomplete wget download and this after several failed attempts with the ipk method. So after doctoring and (successfully) running the sh again, I guess I just wasn't in the mood for further post reading and eperimenting anymore.

I'll give your suggestion a try tonight, uninstalling the sh and installing the ipk version again.
    The only good think about being on Verizon, is as I have installed 720 sh package way well when, it is still there and running ok. I guess will go to ipk only after update... (no need to became member of 600 club twice...)
    The ipk links in the first post are broken at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbtrade View Post
    The ipk links in the first post are broken at the moment.
    I was about to post this as well.. I get a white page with 'foo" in it and that is it. I've read all these posts and I know it was pulled earlier due to the fact that people were having issues. Did the host server crap out?
    @caj: let me give you an example of the different speed between those two packages on my Pre.. Using sh package; after pressing internet icon, it comes up instantly.. Using ipk package; it comes up after an icon flash, sometimes 2..
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    720MHz Kernel is appearing in Preware under Linux Apps. Try installing getting ipk error. I assume that maybe be due to the links being down. And that goes hand and hand with it now appearing on Preware!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    720MHz Kernel is appearing in Preware under Linux Apps. Try installing getting ipk error. I assume that maybe be due to the links being down. And that goes hand and hand with it now appearing on Preware!
    Been hoping for a Preware 720/800mhz Kernel. Have Preware up now but can't find the patch/application anywhere...did it get taken down?
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    It's under Linux Apps. But it won't install.....ipkg error "can't find package"
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    They were saying it wouldn't be for days or weeks. So maybe something crazy is going on with my Pre!
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    this is odd, i have used the ipk before and everything worked fine.. i just doctored my pre so starting clean. when i try to install the 800, i check my speed after and it says 600?
    Can't even find the link under the Linux Apps. Could've been put up by accident and pulled down quickly. I got pretty excited! I'll keep looking.
    Thanks anyway.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    mtg711- I just updated my Preware feeds. It's still there. Has a description and everything. Available Packages> Linux Applications> Unsorted> 720MHz Custom Kernel: v1.2.1-Unknown Date. If I wasn't at work on my Pre, I would post a screen shot. Unless you know a way I can post one?
    If you have the 'Installed is Available' preference set, then Preware will show installed packages in the Available section.

That does not mean the package is in the Preware feeds, it just means you have installed an ipkg file using some other means.

Note the the Feed item in the description page will show 'Unknown' in this case.

-- Rod
    The script in the .sh and ipk is the same. Only difference is mode of delivery. We wont continue to support .sh files much longer.
    I concur - this really shows how difficult it is to deliver this stuff in a way that is guaranteed to install perfectly for everyone, cause people installing exactly the same objects by different delivery mechanisms report such wildly differing results.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    I don't have it installed at all. And "installed is Available" is off. I removed the Kernel earlier today, because just like the sh version. I reset my Pre after downloading a app. When it came back on the Pre became so slow, some apps couldn't even open! Just moving between launcher pagers was a task! So I uninstalled it.
    I don't have it installed at all. And "installed is Available" is off. I removed the Kernel earlier today, because just like the sh version. I reset my Pre after downloading a app. When it came back on the Pre became so slow, some apps couldn't even open! Just moving between launcher pagers was a task! So I uninstalled it.
    Exactly how did you uninstall it?

-- Rod