Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 28 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    It is no where in the same category (not anywhere near) as essential tools
    Preware and WOSQI which the entire community benefits from but thank you anyway
    You are humble but when I compare the day to day functioning of this phone with what it was like before....you are close to them, sir!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    Didn't seem to help. Still got it. I am uninstalling the 720 sh now and I'll reboot twice and try to reload the ipk and see what happens. I'll let you know.
    You are correct.. I now uninstalled the sh, reinstalled with the ipk and wa-lah.. Now running at 717.22.

Still wish I knew what caused the initial problem before I had to doctor, but ohh well.. all is good now.

thanks!

EDIT: I'd like to point out also that I no longer get the errors when exiting xorg tools or using WOSQI after intalling the IPK.
    Last edited by rpankoe; 04/07/2010 at 12:04 PM.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    I had the 720MHz sh. Kernel installed for about a day and a half. It worked great. (installed through "terminal") I then replaced my battery and everything went to hell. Everything became slow. Some apps wouldn't open (ie..message, calendar,..), my E-Mail disappeared. I attempted to remove kernel through terminal, but it could not open location. So I removed with Jason's Quick Installer. I now have your Ipk 720MHz kernel installed, for about 12 hours now. It appears to be working better then the sh version did. Ran cpu test showed 720000. So everything seems to be up and running. Thanks for all your guys hard work!
    Oh man I was hoping I was the only one that had this happen. I am running the 800mhz.sh and it did this to me today as well. Exactly like you described. I did about 3 battery pulls since the phone was not correctly responding to the restarts. I then decided to check it with WOSQI and it was still running at 800mhz according to that. But it was very random and very very slow....as if it was running at less than 300mhz or something. Things often wouldn't even load at all. So I too removed the 800.sh, rebooted and verified the cpu was back at 500mhz. I then then powered off again, pulling battery and then brought the phone back up.

I then proceeded to re-install the 800mhz.sh and it has been working fine just like it did for the past week or so at 800mhz.

This was super odd and a bit scary, cause it pretty much made the phone worthless and luckily I was by a PC to fix it.

Other than this weird issue.....everything has been beyond good and I thank Caj and the others for all the dev time. I am also going to go to the 800.pkg once I find some time tomorrow.
    Wierd Issue....

I doctored my phone everything went well...Installed the 800mhz ipk, and it seems to have worked because the phone feels fast, BUT, When i check the speed on QI it says 600000..

What do ya think?
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flash8o View Post
    Wierd Issue....

I doctored my phone everything went well...Installed the 800mhz ipk, and it seems to have worked because the phone feels fast, BUT, When i check the speed on QI it says 600000..

What do ya think?
    I just installed the 800 ipk also and I'm sitting at 600 according to the command line. It was 500 previous to installing the ipk, and WOSQI shows I have the 800mhz ipk installed. I ran NFSU and hit the command line thing a couple times during just to be sure, all times it said 600. IPK file mixup?

EDIT: I have NOT used the .SH version(s) previously. This is a non modded phone minus preware/packagemanager and a few homebrew apps (not patches).
    Last edited by Queueyou; 04/06/2010 at 11:02 PM. Reason: More info.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Did you tried caj2008's post....and others for that matter?

I. To all members of the 600 Club: IPk is fine, my Solution
    install 800 .sh file, power off/on 2X, uninstall 800 .sh file, power off and on 2X, then ipk will install after power off and on (Voila 800 MHZ and no more ipk issues)

Same is true for 720 MHz
    Quote Originally Posted by flash8o View Post
    Wierd Issue....

What do ya think?
    [/QUOTE]
    Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    I. To all members of the 600 Club: IPk is fine, my Solution
    install 800 .sh file, power off/on 2X, uninstall 800 .sh file, power off and on 2X, then ipk will install after power off and on (Voila 800 MHZ and no more ipk issues)

Same is true for 720 MHz[/QUOTE]

Are you referring to the 1.4 800MHZ .sh file? or is there a 1.4.1 sh file that i am not seeing
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    They are the same. 1.4/1.4.1/1.4.1.1 all the same .sh file
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Nope, I assumed something vital like that would be on the front page post.

as in "hey, this will work for those that did XXX, but if you haven't, check this post out, do it and then come back here"
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I'm soooo happy to learn that it's working for 1.4.1.1 (I know a little behind the ball)!!! You people are amazing... All of you. This site & the homebrew community have made this phone an obsession for me! This modification is unbelievable & I'm donating again because you deserve it!!!
    Good Evening Caj2008,

Tonight I went ahead and uninstalled the .sh file (which had been running very smoothly, and error free for several days straight) and then installed the ipk file all according to your instructions.

No error mssg in WOSQI

No speed issues (everything at 800 like it is supposed to be)

Everything was flawless and Pre still running like it stole something.

Thanks for all your (and Marco, and Jason, and Rod and so many others I don't know) hard work. As I promised a donation will be coming on or near payday (15th). I was able to donate to Rod (hopefully help him get that server replaced) the other day. I will get to each of you in turn so you can keep turning out great products like this.
    Man.. Words can't describe how much I missed the .sh version as soon as I uninstalled it and installed 1.4.1.1 and then realized how I would have to wait until this ipk version came out. I love you guys. With my entire heart.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    caj or anyone know what this ockernal-bak.tar file is in the same directory as the 800mhz sh file? /var/home/root
    I don't remember seeing it earlier today. I am having some weird issues now with my Universal Search not working all of the sudden. I was going to uninstall and then remove the 800mhz .sh file before visiting the doctor....but noticed this file. Should I be concerned at all or just go ahead with the removal and then doctor? Is it related to the 800mhz .sh script?

UPDATE: OK so I uninstalled the 800mhz.sh and now the ockernal-bak.tar is gone too. This file has to be part of it correct??

Looks like my company is paying for me to DR. the phone at work, cause I am too tired to do it now. Please god let the alarm work on the stupid phone....since that is always a random issue in it's own right....
    Last edited by neoncorey; 04/07/2010 at 12:05 AM. Reason: updated info
    Count me in on the 600 Club. Tried to install the 800 MHz *.ipk like 20 times, with and without doctoring my Pre before. Always ended up with 600 MHz.

In the end, I went for the old *.sh method, which worked perfectly fine. Now running @ 800 MHz.
    Yea, I'm still getting this error window after trying everything ... might just go back to .sh method since this ipk is no good for me ... thanks for the hard work though, guys!

Once again, here's my error:
    You need to reinstall preware and package manager service
    how exactly is that done? Does this make the phone as if it was factory fresh?
    after i installed the 720mhz ipk - my keyboard stop working...i just uninstalled it and the keyboard started working again....weird
    Just a quick follow up, think i jumped the gun on the dropping calls issue, as of today its a non issue. I work in carphone warehouse and have been on the phone for nearly 2 hours total today and not a single call dropped, in fact i would go as far as to say that my battery life has deffo improved, still have 60% left after calls, browsing, music (streamed) etc etc.
    Not the most constructive post but there you go.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I suspect you're not using the latest version of WebOS Quick Install.

If you are using WOSQI 3.02 or later, then install Preware and the Package Manager Service first (see http://install.preware.org for instructions).

That will trigger the install of /media/cryptofs/apps/etc/ipkg/arch.conf with the correct arch_priority contents for the ipkg tool to accept an armv7 architecture package.

That error has nothing to do with installing or removing scripts or ipkg in any particular order, and is not an error in the scripts or ipkgs.

-- Rod
    I had not installed Preware or Package Manager Service. Didn't realize they needed to be there. I ended up just using the .sh file and it works perfect.
    I installed the ipk package (800MHz) on the first day when it was released.. The results were bittersweet; at some times, it would be FAST but then at some other times, it ran as if it was a stock phone, in other words; the speed isn't stable.. And yes, I checked the speed through cat /proc/cpuinfo.. The battery seems to drain a little more, compared to when it was stock.. Then next day, everything was still same.. So then I read throughout most pages of this thread; I decided to try uninstall the ipk package (and waited for about 2 and half hrs) then installed the sh package..

I have to say, the sh package seem to deliver more speed and drains less than ipk package.. With the sh package, the speed made me to go WOW! like the staple guy on tv commercial.. I was completely satisfied with the sh package, but later I was curious and tried to reinstall ipk package.. And then the ipk package is little better than it was the first time when I installed it.. But the speed continues to not to be stable.. However, the battery draining seemed like it's back to "normal"..

I'm going to give it few days; if the speed still isn't stable then I will go back to the sh package..

Just thought I would drop in a feedback; I'm 21 years old college student and I don't have time to follow the procedure and record all data and etc.. Well, technically I do have time but I very much prefer to use those time on something else Regardless of the fact that the ipk package doesn't work well on my phone (so far), I'm going to donate!!!!!