Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 25 ... LastLast
    just my thoughts but it seems that the ipk in the 720 and the 800 patch only works once a sh file has been installed and removed, it seems as everyone that is saying it works good has already did a sh patch on there phone before, and the people (like myself) that never overclocked there phone cannot get the ipk patch to work fully.
    have any of you tried the ipk patch on a brand new phone that has had nothing done to it? and i don't mean just using the dr. i mean a clean fresh phone. maybe there is a problem with the new patch but you can't tell.
    when someone says they tried the old way and removed it now all of a sudden the ipk does work? sounds strange to me......
    i don't understand why it only increases from 498 to the 598 when installing the 800 patch but it did speed it up some for me and that i am glad of. and yes i appreciate all the help i have got from this forum you guys do a great job explaining things.
    Last edited by thepervster; 04/06/2010 at 02:23 AM. Reason: added text
    Wow!!! its done!!!

if we only read carefully ALL the instructions, there were no problems at all.. its great... thinks to remember when you install:

1.1.1.1.1. READ ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS
    1. uninstall prev versions
    2. donwload the ipk ppatch and verify its correctly dowloaded (sometimes its have a bad download)
    3. learn how to use the Web Os Quick Install propertly
    4. Power on / Off the PRE after the install to see the changes
    5. Thks and donate to the guys that make this posible

thks Jeff an Marco!!!!!!!!!!!

800 MHZ working perfectly in a Mexican PRE
    I know I just said thanks up there ^^^^^ but I also wanted to let you know that I appreciate your work...I donated..and will gladly do so in the future
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Ahhh..back to my fast pre. One difference I noticed with this overclock and the last one is that instead of where my hands usually get hot they feel an electric buzz. I can feel the overclock, makes my fingers buzz. We really need this to enjoy our pre. The last week i have been installing apps but rarely have the time to use them. Before I would hesitate to open an app if i wasn't sure what it was because it took too long to load. With this patch most apps open up right away!(except google maps) come on google? cpu @ 796.91. happy happy
    if you doctor your pre will it remove this patch or kernel?
    Quote Originally Posted by hangman0000 View Post
    if you doctor your pre will it remove this patch or kernel?
    Yes, it will!
    Was using .sh 800Mhz on 1.4.1.1.

Uninstalled that one, did webos repair utility just to be sure.

Installed .ipk 800mhz and everything is working great. Speed says 800,000 as well.

Thank you, devs!
    All credit to tonytaylor85 for providing the file, but my phone was missing the file /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/arch/arm/boot/uImage

Tony provided me with his to copy over, and the ipk installed perfectly.
    [QUOTE=despinova;2362286]Let's see ... when I leave this message

[img]

please, give [accept] not in the X, ie not close the window.

Here are my readings a few minutes ago.

[img]

if people actually read the fist post all theway through you will find that this error is normal and it is expected . But unfortunetly people just don't read.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by michael.schumacker View Post
    All credit to tonytaylor85 for providing the file, but my phone was missing the file /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/arch/arm/boot/uImage

Tony provided me with his to copy over, and the ipk installed perfectly.
    That file is supposed to extract from the .sh but for some reason it wasn't on my phone. "sed "1,48d" 800MHzblahblah.sh | tar -xvf -" dumped the files in the current directory, and i put the missing uImage where it is supposed to be and ran the install again. I dont know why it doesnt extract properly for some of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by thepervster View Post
    just my thoughts but it seems that the ipk in the 720 and the 800 patch only works once a sh file has been installed and removed, it seems as everyone that is saying it works good has already did a sh patch on there phone before, and the people (like myself) that never overclocked there phone cannot get the ipk patch to work fully.
    have any of you tried the ipk patch on a brand new phone that has had nothing done to it? and i don't mean just using the dr. i mean a clean fresh phone. maybe there is a problem with the new patch but you can't tell.
    when someone says they tried the old way and removed it now all of a sudden the ipk does work? sounds strange to me......
    i don't understand why it only increases from 498 to the 598 when installing the 800 patch but it did speed it up some for me and that i am glad of. and yes i appreciate all the help i have got from this forum you guys do a great job explaining things.
    Hmmm this "may" have some value. I had never done any overclocking or cpu scaling to my Pre until the other day, when after reading a ton of info, I did the .sh method, and had no issues.

Today, I uninstalled that, then did the ipk method and I was still fine. But also, just to add, I dont know if this has any inpact, but I do not do any gaming on my Pre, to me, its a function phone, and Im just not a 3D gamer type, the only game type stuff I may do occasioanlly is Millionaire, or Speed Brain. So not sure of the ramifications of adding these speed changes to a Pre that does not have heat issues, because it never runs 3D games..

Just more fuel to to fire

Caj, I sure hope you are getting some MUCH deserved and NEEDED sleep now.

I just sent another good size chunk of cash your way , for all your efforts!
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Quote Originally Posted by NoSyMe View Post
    The video comparison isn't that great, is it?

I mean, the 800MhZ is like 0.5 to 1 sec faster in opening apps. thats nearly nothing.
    Au contraire, mon frere. In computing, that seems like an eternity to me.

That's for the patch in IPK form.
    Quote Originally Posted by thepervster View Post
    Right... I used the 800 ipk, and it gave me only 600.... i used the 720 ipk... and it gave me 600.... then i used the 800 sh and it gave 800 but also a very hot phone... so i uninstalled it.... now i tried the 720ipk and it gave me....... 720 :O
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    hahaha so people are running the freq check in terminus and reciving 600mhz (when 3d games are running phone runs at 600MHz and terminus runs the same way as 3d games is what jason is saying)

Terminal app now works and i been using it with wget to install and remove the kernel
    Yah I have Terminal App installed, but for some reason I can't find it in the launcher pages...I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and nothing helped, thats why I tried Terminus.

Oh well...guess I will do the USB thing I just was trying this while away from my computer with WebOS QI installed. Can't still get it to work on my Win7 64bit.

Thanks for the insight/clarification though from both you and Jason.
    i think u have to install the sh.patch way then uninstall and install the ipk.patch, bingooooooo
    (Report IPK 800 works)
    i have had the 800.sh installed for almost a week now on 1.4.1.1-(Sprint Pre)
    i uninstalled the shell file first (sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh uninstall),
    did a full reboot, tested on terminus & got the correct readings of around 600 mhz, waited about 45 minutes as i let everything set in..followed the correct ipk800 installation, receiving the device busy error, device full resets by itself & after going back to terminus i receive the correct 796.xx readings
    originally installed via sh method.
    uninstalled last night, reset twice (just to be safe), installed ipk this morning.
    BLAZING!
    Thanks, caj2008 and all. Battery life IS better w/ this mod. My phone drained from 95% to 80% after several hours (w/ kernal mod), and then drained from 80% to 60% in just 3 hours w/o it when I was running stock.
    I hope I get the exact same performance w/ the ipk version...
    please read entire post
    thank you!!!

This is a follow up on my earlier post i followed directions exactly each time i tried installing the 720 and 800 ipk patch (checking cat /proc/cpuinfo in linux command line i could only get to the 598)i tried each one twice,i even deleted file and redownloaded to make sure it wasn't a corrupt file.
    then i tried dragging the ipk into the WOSqI as someone mentioned earlier it didn't work.
    i uninstalled after each attempt checked and it was back to 498. i did all the resets twice i even took battery out between resets as some people have mentioned,
    then i installed the .sh and it worked, i wanted to try everyway possible before just installing the .sh to see if what i said earlier was correct. once i installed the .sh patch and it was working correctly 798!
    I then uninstalled the .sh file checked it was back to the 498 again so then i installed the ipk the same way as before and it worked (798) so i unistalled again and again. and the ipk works each time all different ways getting the file, dragging the file.
    so if someone else is having problems but you do want the ipk to work install the .sh file it is easy this will help you this was posted earlier so i hope it's ok
    then unistall the .sh and install the ipk it works
    i don't know why but once you have installed the .sh then deleted it then the
    ipk works each time. (720 and 800)

please don't flame me i am just trying to help others that are having the same issue otherwise i wouldn't take the time to write this long post.

just wanted to add another note that when i installed the 800 ipk to begin with(it was actually only at 598) but i left it on there for awhile and noticed my battery was draining fast, so i wonder if others on that are complaining about the fast battery drain with the 800 ipk have checked to actually see there speed and make sure it isn't at the 598.
    this part is only a guess but maybe if the phone. is trying to get to the 798 and can only get to the 598 it might be working the battery harder trying to get to correct speed.
    with 800 at 598 when i took it off charger within 20 min i was down to 95% battery now with 800 at 798 it has been off charger for 30 min and is only down to 99% battery not using it of course except wifi on

thanks to all here that help everyone in so many ways and please be gentle in bashing my post as it worked for me thanks
    Last edited by thepervster; 04/06/2010 at 11:54 AM. Reason: added comment
    works great for me! thanks!
    1.4.1.1 Sprint Palm Pre running smoothly at 800 Mhz.

But I'd also like to suggest you moving the instructions to individual blog posts since the first post is getting pretty crowed. Maybe you could just have links on the first post that redirects people to the individual blog posts that give instructions for each ipk installation.