Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 24 ... LastLast
    That is the correct file name. I installed the 720MHz with no problems. You should only have to do these steps if you have never installed an overclocking patch before.

3) Check Speed
    In Linux Command Line, write
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq (should be 500 MHz)

4) Detailed 550, 600, 720 and 800 MHz ipk Install Procedure:

a) Save ipk's to Desktop:

com.unixpsycho.550mhz.AnyOS_armv7.ipk:
    Link:http://www.mediafire.com/?3hlzjrzozkq

com.unixpsycho.600mhz.AnyOS_armv7.ipk:
    Link:http://www.mediafire.com/?zfzjd54ujm5

com.unixpsycho.webos141_720MHzkernel_armv7.ipk:
    Link:http://www.mediafire.com/?kkymymnmyom

com.unixpsycho.webos141_800MHzkernel_armv7.ipk:
    Link:http://www.mediafire.com/?zmmzooyjl0i

b) Pre in Development Mode-Insert Konami Code

c) WOSQI Protocol
    open WOSQI (550 MHz installation)
    File
    Add File
    Select File from Desktop
    com.unixpsycho.550mhz.AnyOS_armv7.ipk-(550 MHz)

Alternatively for 600 MHz Installation
    com.unixpsycho.600mhz.AnyOS_armv7.ipk-(600 MHz)

Alternatively for 720 MHz Installation
    com.unixpsycho.webos141_720MHzkernel_armv7.ipk-(720 MHz)

Alternatively for 800 MHz Installation
    com.unixpsycho.webos141_800MHzkernel_armv7.ipk-(800 MHz)

d) Click big Install button

Please note you will see an error messsage only when installing 720 or 800 MHz kernel ipk and not with 550 and 600 MHz LunaSysMgr ipk:

Mount: mounting/dev/mapper/store-root on / failed: Device or resource busy

Please ignore this install error (jpeg attachment 10) as it is a normal break of communications:

e) Luna restart ("soft reset") done for 550 and 600 MHZ LunaSysMgr ipk
    **Turn Pre off/on (hard reset) must be done for 720 and 800 MHz Kernel ipk**

If in doubt, just turn Pre off/on after any install will accomplish any install

f) Check Speed
    In Linux Command Line, write [/b]
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq (should be 550 MHz, 600 MHz, 720 or 800 MHz)
    - Skinneejay -
    I wish I could help you guys more. I know I am asking a dumb question here but are you guys running 1.4.1.1?
    - Skinneejay -
    So ill give my 2 cents to try to help as i was in the "600 error" club earlier today...

- If you have ANY (550/600/720/800) installed, uninstall them (see first post), FULL restart TWICE (in addition to the phone rebooting on its own)

-Verify that you are back to 500 (this info is all on the first post on how to do this)

- Drag and drop new 720/800 ipk onto Quick Install, hit install button.

- Phone may give "device busy error," hit OK, phone should reboot.

-FULL shutdown TWICE (again, in addition to the phone on its own)

-Verify speed again through Quick Install linux command.

If this does not work then you should just use the .sh file(old method) or new WGET method as its the same result but not as convenient to uninstall. You may also have WebOS underlying issues (ie. think about doctoring, webos repair utility, EPR). Please remember this is clearly in a major testing phase and there are bound to be random issues. Have patience with the devs as they are working [way too] hard to help make this perfect! Good luck folks.
    Last edited by mikeh20; 04/05/2010 at 11:36 PM.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    used .sh method and showing 800MHz now.
    ---Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, "Make me feel important." Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    I wish I could help you guys more. I know I am asking a dumb question here but are you guys running 1.4.1.1?
    .sh method worked like a charm. LOL yes I am running 1.4.1.1

Thanks for taking a look. I am going to attach the file that is on my desktop which is labeled 800Mhz.

Nevermind files too big. I am not sure what the problem was but I am putting patches back on
    ---Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, "Make me feel important." Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.
    Great work!
    ONLY FOR WEBOS VERSIONS 1.4 Seems to be working for 1.4.1 / 1.4.1.1 so use at your own risk

Installing via Command-line Wget Method

Caj2008 has updated his original post! so those who want to install the 720MHz or 800MHz Kernels can do so via linux access aka root (Using Webos quick install command line or terminal app, terminus, novaterm, ssh, putty or whatever.)) I am quoting it bellow.

Just two simple commands in the CODE brackets first line downloads the scrip the second line runs it (which installs custom kernel backs up old kernel and restarts phone)

NOTE: Only install one kernel at a time if you install 720MHz then want to try 800MHz be sure to uninstall the 720MHz Kernel first and revert back to 500MHz before you run the 800MHz command line installation. I have posted uninstall command bellow the quoted text.

Before running the following commands its a good idea to go back to the Original post and read steps 1-4 which explain what to do if you want to be on the safe side of things otherwise the commands bellow should be all you need to install the desired kernel.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This is Linux after so all you guys remember the commands are case sensitive. You need to type them in exactly as they are displayed bellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Caj2008

Wget Alternative to Steps 5-7 (non WOSQI Send File: methods- WOSQI Commad Line Tool, Terminal app, Terminus, Novaterm, SSH, Putty etc.)
    5) Use WOSQI Tools - In Linux Command Line, (or any other terminal method) write

Below Wget code into Commandline for 720 MHz Kernell

Code:
    wget -qO /var/home/root/720MHzOS14.sh http://download273.mediafire.com/msczsnllugwg/zyfmjcmognz/720MHzOS14.sh
    sh /var/home/root/720MHzOS14.sh install
    (Downloads & Installs 720MHz Script to Pre)
    Below Wget code into Commandline for Alternative 800 MHz Kernel

Code:
    wget -qO /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh http://download126.mediafire.com/xal55wbralcg/wmmuhwzmwz1/800MHzOS14.sh
    sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh install
    (Downloads & Installs 800MHz Script to Pre)
    To uninstall Kernel and revert back to default kernel run (only works if you have the original kernel script still in your /var/home/root directory this was downloaded to the phone using the first line command of the quoted CODE above)

Reverts 720 MHz Kernel back to default
    Code:
    sh /var/home/root/720MHzOS14.sh uninstall
    Reverts 800 MHz Kernel back to default
    Code:
    sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh uninstall
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    If this does not work then you should just use the .sh file(old method) or new WGET method as its the same result but not as convenient to uninstall. You may also have WebOS underlying issues (ie. think about doctoring, webos repair utility, EPR). Please remember this is clearly in a major testing phase and there are bound to be random issues. Have patience with the devs as they are working [way too] hard to help make this perfect! Good luck folks.
    I posted just above this the simple method of using wget and the even simpler way to uninstall it.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    very strange, it seem s a little laggy to me after i did the upgrade to .ipk from .sh. maybe a few more restarts will fix it
    I rather be on Gun playing World of Warcraft...but until then ill be on my palm Pre!
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Try .sh file install (second signature thread), then uninstall and all future ipk should then load fine
    Hi Caj. Was surfing as i had the same issue as ChasT. So just to clarify, install the 800 patch via .sh method while the ipk is installed then after remove the .sh file then 800 ipk will work at 800mhz as opposed to 600?

Just want to ensure I get this correct.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Did the .sh method jack posted and seemed to install and rebooted. I'm doing on/off 2x just to be safe and we'll see what the speed says.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I know this may be getting Old but I do want to throw out big Kudos to Caj2008 and unixpsycho for this. they have layered themselves well into the palm, WebOS and precentral history books!
    Installed the 800 IPK earlier because the .sh file would not install because of a write error.

Phone is running at 8000 (or something, I presume this means 800MHz ) and all is well

great!
    sweet deal
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    couldnt get the ipk method working anything past 600 no matter what I did. I went the .sh method and now running at 720. Happy for now but maybe tomorrow I'll try Caj suggestion and uninstall it again....restart 2x and try the ipk again.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Mine says 600000 as well after installing the 800mhz ipk. This is a fresh install (o2 UK). I had the .sh one working at 800mhz with a previous install..
    Let's see ... when I leave this message

please, give [accept] not in the X, ie not close the window.

Here are my readings a few minutes ago.

Installed the 800 IPK earlier because the .sh file would not install because of a write error.

Phone is running at 8000 (or something, I presume this means 800MHz ) and all is well

great!
    Will web os doctor uninstall this?
    Just donated--thanks Jeff.