Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
    Hi All,

And firstly want to thanks the developers for all there work on the kernel and making the pre faster.

I was reading the instructions in the first post one doubt came to my mind:

1. where it says to only install it on a clean webos, is this a thumb rule or could i install it how my pre is right now, I have a few patches installed, and quite some apps and games installed, no themes and I don't really want to doctor my pre.

could I just install the 720 ipk through WOSQI?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    Is this new ipk in the original post? I used this one and still get ~597. Guess I'm in the "600 club". I read the entire thread, and tried everything mentioned (on a freshly doctored Pre). I am positive I have followed the directions perfectly.

In the meantime I have gone back to the .sh method, and it works like a charm.
    My personal opinion the .sh method works best.

as for a freshly doctored pre you can always try doctoring phone to old doctor of 1.3.1 then again to new doctor for 1.4.1.1 to be sure that there is not left over junk. the new doctors do not erase everything.
    MatterOfFactJack
    I decided to take the leap into the overclock world...somewhat...
    I put in the following URL into Filecoaster, and it said downloading, then error, then installed.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zfzjd54ujm...nyOS_armv7.ipk
    (it compresses the wording...basically the download link, then the 600mhz ipk)
    I rebooted and when typing in:

cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq

in the Terminus app, and it showed 600000. So I take this as this method of installation worked correctly?
    Quote Originally Posted by mandaman2k View Post
    Hi All,

And firstly want to thanks the developers for all there work on the kernel and making the pre faster.

I was reading the instructions in the first post one doubt came to my mind:

1. where it says to only install it on a clean webos, is this a thumb rule or could i install it how my pre is right now, I have a few patches installed, and quite some apps and games installed, no themes and I don't really want to doctor my pre.

could I just install the 720 ipk through WOSQI?

Thanks
    You should be just fine I did.... Just make sure you do not have any other overclock patches kernels or cpu scaling/smartflex patches
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Waited until the files were put back up a few hours ago. Tried the 720 1st and joined the "600 club" lots of restarted and finally uninstalled it. Downloaded the 800 and tried the install and same thing...600 club. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    How to UNINSTALL OLD KERNEL INSTALLATION and revert back to original 500MHz before running IPK.

If you want to use the IPK method of installing the custom Kernel of your choice but have used the alternative method already and have installed the kernel with the step by step instructions posted by Caj2008 here then it is a good idea to uninstall the custom kernel you have before installing the IPK version.

To uninstall you simply have to run a single command similar to the installation command I have them posted bellow assuming you followed the steps Caj2008 had for installation this should work to uninstall the kernel for you.

NOTE: only works if you have the original kernel .sh script file (720MHzOS14.sh or 800MHzOS14.sh) in your /var/home/root directory along with the back up 500MHz Kernel file which was created during installation (ockernel-bak.tar)

To uninstall Kernel and revert back to default kernel run:

Reverts 720 MHz Kernel back to default
    Code:
    sh /var/home/root/720MHzOS14.sh uninstall
    Reverts 800 MHz Kernel back to default
    Code:
    sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh uninstall
    now does this also apply to the 550mhz and 600 mhz ipk installs, as this would be a great way to uninstall without having to use the USB method with WebOS QI. Or if not, is there a way to OTA revery back to the stock cpu speed?
    No problems here with the install of the 720MHz Ipk! Great work! I still am not sure why people are having so much trouble?

Did you forget to uninstall before installing the new Ipk? Did you forget to uninstall before the new update to 1.4.1.1? Just follow the instructions are you should be ok.
    - Skinneejay -
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    now does this also apply to the 550mhz and 600 mhz ipk installs, as this would be a great way to uninstall without having to use the USB method with WebOS QI. Or if not, is there a way to OTA revery back to the stock cpu speed?
    I am sorry but i just joined the overclocking herd and dont know much about the 550MHz and 600MHz. My past experience is that they are simple patches not a kernel swap like the 720/800 are. however if you can point me to where i can find out more about the 550/600 installation methods i will look into it.

By no means i am any kind of expert like the rest of these folk. just a regular user learning linux and being lazy so wanting simple solutions for least amounts of steps possible
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    never overclocked before, so nothing to uninstall. Waited for the new files to be put back up before trying it the first time. Followed the instructions and got the same 597.68 as lots of other people.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Just wanted to add another verification of "this stuff works"!!!!
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Installed 800MHz Kernal and looks like I am running at 600MHz... I verified twice that I dowloaded and installed the correct file.

I have rebooted twice
    ---Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, "Make me feel important." Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    I decided to take the leap into the overclock world...somewhat...
    I put in the following URL into Filecoaster, and it said downloading, then error, then installed.

(it compresses the wording...basically the download link, then the 600mhz ipk)
    I rebooted and when typing in:

cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq

in the Terminus app, and it showed 600000. So I take this as this method of installation worked correctly?
    2 things:
    - Filecoaster cannot install the ipk; it cannot handle advanced homebrew (with a few exceptions). WOSQI is a must.
    - Terminus is an SDL app, which by default LunaSysMgr bumps up to 600MHz, thus why ya got 600000.

Basically, your filecoaster install dis virtuakky noth; try reinstalling via wosqi and you should see it take effect
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    2 things:
    - Filecoaster cannot install the ipk; it cannot handle advanced homebrew (with a few exceptions). WOSQI is a must.
    - Terminus is an SDL app, which by default LunaSysMgr bumps up to 600MHz, thus why ya got 600000.

Basically, your filecoaster install dis virtuakky noth; try reinstalling via wosqi and you should see it take effect
    hahaha so people are running the freq check in terminus and reciving 600mhz (when 3d games are running phone runs at 600MHz and terminus runs the same way as 3d games is what jason is saying)

Terminal app now works and i been using it with wget to install and remove the kernel
    Last edited by jack87; 04/06/2010 at 12:12 AM.
    MatterOfFactJack
    @MAXLOL. Did you have the 800MHz or the 720MHz .sh file on your phone before downloading the Ipk file? If so this needs to be removed before install the Ipk file.
    - Skinneejay -
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    @MAXLOL. Did you have the 800MHz or the 720MHz .sh file on your phone before downloading the Ipk file? If so this needs to be removed before install the Ipk file.
    No never over-clocked before.
    I have removed the file. Downloaded the file again and am waiting on a reboot. Just to clarify I should be checking the clock speed through the Linux command line in WOSQI

edit:

rebooted. still showing 600MHz in QI command line.
    ---Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, "Make me feel important." Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    same as max...never overclocked and checking clock speed through linux command in WOSQI. Still 597.68
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    I suppose I am going to try and uninstall the ipk version and use .sh method.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mgiven View Post
    same as max...never overclocked and checking clock speed through linux command in WOSQI. Still 597.68
    Is the correct file being hosted? Its labeled as 800MHz...
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I have that same questions. Is the correct file being hosted? I'm the current one on the thread, which looks like:
    com.unixpsycho.webos141_720MHzkernel_armv7.ipk

Is this the old version if it isn't named 1411?
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mgiven View Post
    I have that same questions. Is the correct file being hosted? I'm the current one on the thread, which looks like:
    com.unixpsycho.webos141_720MHzkernel_armv7.ipk

Is this the old version if it isn't named 1411?
    Name of my file is
    Code:
    com.unixpsycho.webos141_800MHzkernel_armv7.ipk
    I am going to try the .sh method.