Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 22 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I don't get it.
    Is this better than the .sh?
    I have installed this without problems but don't know the problems with .sh it is as simply as this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    You have our blessings to use .sh files if any issue with ipk. I am putting together a new wget method for people and will post as soon as I get more than 1.5 h of sleep as I am running on vapors....
    Go to bed already!
    Just tried over clocking for the first time.

Followed the instructions in Post #1, using the 800MHz file.

500 before, 600 after?

So I removed the 800 file, reset and I'm now back to 500.

I did a 'Power / Restart', rather than Power / Shut Down, Swap Battery'. Does that matter ? Should I try again ?

I'm in the UK, so is there a chance the file was the old one cached some where ?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    jeff get some sleep man your not going to feel real well until you do !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmpeter View Post
    I don't get it.
    Is this better than the .sh?
    I have installed this without problems but don't know the problems with .sh it is as simply as this one.
    actually the ipk is the simplest method considering you can just drag and drop it if you want and then uninstall it with preware . it only gets easier with preware feeds lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Try .sh file install (second signature thread), then uninstall and all future ipk should then load fine
    Thanks, worked a treat. I'm now using ipk version at 800

BTW, I copied & pasted "cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq" but it came up with 800000 rather than 800, is that normal ?
    Thought of the day :
    We have implemented use of wget for easier commandline accessibility as an alternative to WOSQI in a easier download and install of the .sh file. See page 1 of my second signature thread. We also having a working ipk method (this thread, my third signature thread). All methods of install including PreWare custom feed will soon be available.
    I tried the wget version rather than the full sh file first, but it reported an http error, so I went back to the sh command line.
    Thought of the day :
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I ran the NEW 720 ipk after doctoring and now it installed, but I'm at 597.68 and 600000.

Guess I'm now part of the new 600 club?

EDIT: I uninstalled the IPK and reinstalled 720 patch with the sh. Works fine with sh. guess I'll use that till the ipk is worked out again.
    Last edited by rpankoe; 04/05/2010 at 07:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    Thanks, worked a treat. I'm now using ipk version at 800

BTW, I copied & pasted "cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq" but it came up with 800000 rather than 800, is that normal ?
    yes its normal . try putting in , cat /proc/cpuinfo , leave out commas lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    All methods of install including PreWare custom feed will soon be available.
    Where "soon" for the Preware custom feed means weeks, not days or hours like everyone in this thread seems to demand of caj2008

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    if I donated through the donate button on caj2008's signature, does unixpsycho get $$ too, or does he have a seperate donate button?
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelaw View Post
    if I donated through the donate button on caj2008's signature, does unixpsycho get $$ too, or does he have a seperate donate button?
    it goes to everything thats involved with developing the kernels as far as i know !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Just installed 800mhz via ipk on 1.4.1.1 and everything is running smoothly. Thank-you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    it goes to everything thats involved with developing the kernels as far as i know !
    coolio!!!
    So I just installed the 800MHz ipk package today.. It was not what I expected; before the 1.4.1 update, I was running 800MHz sh package.. My Pre was running so smooth at unbelievable speed, there were no lag or any hint of problem..

The results of 800MHz ipk package are somewhat bittersweet.. The speed seems not to be stable and continuous.. At times, my Pre would be running like like as if someone lit its *** on fire.. But then at some times, it would run like a stock Pre.. I tried to brag to my friend once yesterday who has Pre about the 800MHz overclock, and unfortunately, when I tried to show it to him - my Pre was running like as if it's stock without any modifications.. He wasn't impressed at all.. But I'm going to show it to him again, of course, when it's running as it is suppose to be.. Another little bit noticeable problem, not persist one though; sometimes when my Pre is on idle for a while, when I press power button to turn screen on - the screen shows up but is being nonresponsive, I would had to press the power button to turn it back on idle then press it again to turn screen on and then it would be fine, and runs like 500MHz for a little bit.. After few mins of using, it would speed up and then runs like 800MHz..

This one, I'm uncertain of but I still think it is worthy to mention: the ipk package drains battery more, compared to the sh package..

I am thinking about trying to test it more through out full day tomorrow; if I am still not satisfied with it then I will uninstall it and then install 720 to see if there's any difference.. If there's no differences, then I will go back to 800MHz sh package because it seems to work out well for my Pre..
    Quote Originally Posted by isosunrise View Post
    Just installed 800mhz via ipk on 1.4.1.1 and everything is running smoothly. Thank-you!
    Same here. Working great. It was hard without the speed for the past few days but worth it. Just donated. Thanks!
    Just wanted to post my experience. Got home from work and removed the 600 LunaSysMgr that was installed, restarted luna, installed the 720.ipk, restarted device (actually did it automatically), now running at 720.
    Yeah, it was that easy...
    How to UNINSTALL OLD KERNEL INSTALLATION and revert back to original 500MHz before running IPK.

If you want to use the IPK method of installing the custom Kernel of your choice but have used the alternative method already and have installed the kernel with the step by step instructions posted by Caj2008 here then it is a good idea to uninstall the custom kernel you have before installing the IPK version.

To uninstall you simply have to run a single command similar to the installation command I have them posted bellow assuming you followed the steps Caj2008 had for installation this should work to uninstall the kernel for you.

NOTE: only works if you have the original kernel .sh script file (720MHzOS14.sh or 800MHzOS14.sh) in your /var/home/root directory along with the back up 500MHz Kernel file which was created during installation (ockernel-bak.tar)

To uninstall Kernel and revert back to default kernel run:

Reverts 720 MHz Kernel back to default
    Code:
    sh /var/home/root/720MHzOS14.sh uninstall
    Reverts 800 MHz Kernel back to default
    Code:
    sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh uninstall
    Last edited by jack87; 04/05/2010 at 10:17 PM.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    If you had "600 MHz issue" please send me your email by PM so I can have you test a new ipk that corrects potentially what we believe is a communication related issue resulting in what you saw. I would like to correct problem today and since I never saw it, I need people who did observe it
    .....will post the new ipk's (second confirmation of communication error correction).
    Is this new ipk in the original post? I used this one and still get ~597. Guess I'm in the "600 club". I read the entire thread, and tried everything mentioned (on a freshly doctored Pre). I am positive I have followed the directions perfectly.

In the meantime I have gone back to the .sh method, and it works like a charm.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    uninstalled the 800Mhz .sh file and installed the .ipk one. It works perfect. thanks Caj!!!!
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1