Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 20 ... LastLast
    For this package, is it a different kernal patch than the one used on the 800MhzOS14.sh?
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSyMe View Post
    The video comparison isn't that great, is it?

I mean, the 800MhZ is like 0.5 to 1 sec faster in opening apps. thats nearly nothing.
    [QUOTE=mikeh20;2360672]
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post

Well not to flame but to follow up on my point...the MAJORITY that have posted have not been able to get the IPK to work.

NOT Working (12): Zen00, michael.schumacker, Krispy521, mikeh20, jdworsky, Scout2guy74, cawkblocker, glycerine102, panchala, Prebot, tonytaylor85, N00bftw

Working (8): Stu5797, Onemadrssn, Stevesrjr86, tbarb169, intlstyle, budgetmedic, joebel, djrider

Count in you and Shadavis as working, and NOT working is still the majority.

I dont mean this as anything other then proving there is something wrong, not to insult you at all. Please continue your great work.

This is not necessarily accurate, because everyone who installs IPK doesn't necessarily chime in.. People also would generally only post if they have a problem and need answers....
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    Have doctored, will try ipk again when the phone settles down.
    Quote Originally Posted by thornev View Post
    That's kinda harsh. Do you realize how confusing it is trying to follow these threads? First the files are in beta, then they're made public, then problems are found and the file downloads are disabled, then they're made available again, then they're made unavailable again. And on top of all that, there are hundreds of posts regarding success and failures and multiple, interlaced questions where the answers are hard to find. It took me 2 weeks to figure out that people are posting status in post #1 in a thread. So now you know what I do? I read post #1 on every thread I want to follow to see if the status has changed and since no dates are posted next to the changed status, I don't know if the status is changed from the last time I read post #1 or if the change requires that I do something or what.

I know it's frustrating for the developers to have to field the same questions over and over when the answers can be found somewhere, but it's equally frustrating for we users. thorne

This is understandable Thorne but while its ideal to read only the first post, it helps to read other posts throughout.. 9 out of 10 times someone has had the same problem as you, and it is usually followed up with a solution. Everything you need is here as you have stated, its just a matter of being patient and reading (not accusing you of not reading) but a lot of folks don't. More appropiate then "learn to read" may be "learn to sift".
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    im assuming since the ipk aren't working, we use the 1.4 .sh on the 1.4.1.1? if im wrong where do i download the 1.4.1.1 .sh? sorry for my ignorance

edit: nvm lol
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    Guess there's no way without doing a full Dr? I wanted to try and keep my apps and pages the way I had them.
    What is very strange is that I have access to the system via WOSQI and the repair utility while looking at the palm logo! I even installed/uninstalled the IPK again and also did the install/uninstall with the sh file with all of the expected prompts and resets after each, but I can't get past the non-flashing palm logo on the phone! I'm not sure what is making it hang, but the repair utility doesn't find any problems and the stuff I do on it's command-line runs fine! Now why won't it boot?
    Just figured I'd report.

Did Dr. first, then 800.ipk, ended up with 600.

Uninstalled ipk

Performed 1st ever install of 800.sh, ended up with 800.

Today must have been a frustrating one for you. I'll be sending a donation after I finish this post.

As a note, I am initiating a massive product launch for my biz, and the 500 pre would have driven me to insanity and back to Blackberry. Your 800.sh is keeping the pre in action for me.

Thanks for all your hard work. I'll check out the ipk when it gets tightened up.
    After several attempts with the ipk file on an original pre (not plus), and consistently getting the 600mhz issue, I uninstalled the ipk and tried the .sh file; now I am running at 800mhz without difficulty.

My guess it it's a simple error somewhere, like a misspelling or period in the wrong place that is almost impossible to find that is causing this issue. Or possibly even a patch that is interfering???? Maybe those of us that had probs should list the patches we have currentlyl installed and see if there is a correlation.
    Quote Originally Posted by baconnbitz2010 View Post
    So go back and install my old friend, the 800 patch, using the .sh method? Don't worry about the IPK stuff yet -- ???
    yes !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    [QUOTE=caj2008;2360753]
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post

I had many other successful reports. Please do not use kernel any more with that attitude. A problem should appear in all users and one like this is not easily diagnosed in two seconds. You are flaming. I pulled it at the first significant sign of trouble, what more do you want?
    Jeff, great work. dont let one user with an unsuccessful install get in your kitchen by claiming "most users" are having problems. the majority of people who had a successful install are not going to chime in, as it worked for them and they are back to work or whatever they are doing. only those with an issue remain in the thread and complain or seek help. they "assume" that it is your problem since all they can see are the ones like themselves that are having issues. they have no idea of how many had positive experiences. i consider my self a noob, but i am very good at reading long threads and following instructions! No clue as to what i am doing, but what is the worst that can happen - a trip to the doctor

keep up the good work!
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    in the meantime OS1.4 .sh file download ready to go (2nd signature thread for download) which works well for WebOS1.4.1.1.
    Caj, That thread states .sh is for OS1.4 only. I suggest updating that statement to avoid more questions. thorne
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Just to be clear, when running "cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq" I should see the number followed by zeros? So when it's uninstalled, I should see 500000? That is what I see after an uninstall. And my CPU info does show 498.7 as well as time_in_state 500000 goes up with time. I just want to make sure that the proper scaling_cur_freq is right.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    Just to be clear, when running "cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq" I should see the number followed by zeros? So when it's uninstalled, I should see 500000? That is what I see after an uninstall. And my CPU info does show 498.7 as well as time_in_state 500000 goes up with time. I just want to make sure that the proper scaling_cur_freq is right.
    the 498.7 is bogomips and signifies your running the standard kernel on your phone. If you use ... cat /proc/cpuinfo .... Its just easier and quicker you will get the bogomips 498.7 its just an easy way to tell what speed your at on your phone.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Just to be clear, i am/have been a happy user of 720 .sh for weeks. I was trying to point out there there are issues (which you have acknowledged) with people getting the 600 error and that it wasn't just some fluke by 1 or 2 noobies (atleast 12). So in essence, we are arguing about nothing. Cut out the ego and lets get back on track.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    yea 500 MHz so you dont have an cpu mod installed. I think you have a hardware issue.
    I actually just found that when going into WOSQI, I still see the 720 IPK installed though.. is there a way that I can do a manual uninstall from the command-line, because when I click the checkbox to uninstall and the click the uninstall button, it runs for a few secs, then I get a pop-up box with "ERROR:" and then the phone reboots.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    hmm, i am having a small issue. i fallowed the uninstall insturctions for 800mhzos14. the phone did its thing and restarted. i then tried to do the speed check.. and it did not show anything. so i restarted the phone again.. and now when i plug it in. it does not show, just charge or usb. it only charges the phone and my comp does not detect it.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    nvm all that, it was my laptop that was having issues.. sorry
    Last edited by Misha7869; 04/05/2010 at 03:56 PM.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I seem to be having no problems with the 800.ipk file or the 800.sh file when they came out. Glad to have the 800 speed back after the removal for the 1.4.1.1 update.

Donation coming!

EDIT: Donation made and well deserved.
    Last edited by chiweed; 04/05/2010 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Mention the donation made.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misha7869 View Post
    nvm all that, it was my laptop that was having issues.. sorry
    Nova command issue, reboot computer, then connect phone.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TBarb169 View Post
    Nova command issue, reboot computer, then connect phone.
    yeppers... that is exactly what i did. shame on me for thinking my pre was faulty! shame!!