Page 1 of 15 123456 11 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Use the Anticipation Thread until webOS 1.4.1 is released.

Please post your feedback about the new webOS update into the appropriate forum:

webOS 1.4.1 New Features & Changes

webOS 1.4.1 Issues

webOS 1.4.1 Discussion

webOS 1.4.1 Patch Discussion

There will be some differences between the different carriers and models so please post your carrier and model.

webOS Updates
    The developers tell us that you may not need to remove the new AUPT patches before the update but you still need to remove any themes and you MUST REMOVE ANY OVERCLOCK PATCHES

Remove all Patches and Themes - From Getting Started: WebOS Quick Install:
    1. Remove themes. Click ToolsThemer Revert to Default
    2. Remove all patches. Click ToolsTweaksRun EPRLuna Restart

Remove all Patches and Themes - From Getting Started: Preware:
    1. Remove themes. Tap Installed Packages Theme → Tap your theme → Remove → OK OK
    2. Remove all patches. Tap List of Everything then type "emergency" and tap Emergency Patch RecoveryInstall
    3. Restart your phone. Press these buttons at the same time: Orange-Sym-R

Please post only specific issues you have had with the new webOS related to patches, homebrew, hacking, etc in this thread including details about when the problem occured, what you were doing, etc.

Big thanks to Milominderbinder for providing the format for these official threads!
    Hello,

i have a question regarding aupt after the 1.4.1 update.
    if i understand it correctly, there should be updates available for all installed patches after reloading the feeds, ut there are no updates.

If i check the patches in ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-patches/1.4.1, there are the same patches as in ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-patches/1.4.0
    Should there not a newer version in ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-patches/1.4.1/ ?

Thanks
    Last edited by Crowley; 03/31/2010 at 04:45 PM.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I've just installed 1.4.1 and opened Preware and I have no patches listed as available to update. Does this mean something's wrong?
    Seems to be a problem with AUPT & 1.4.1

After my OTA 1.4.1 update I could see my patches were not working, lost 4x4 & battery% etc, so I went into Preware expecting to see loads of "Package Updates" waiting for me.

But no. Instead all my patches are listed as being installed. They just don't work.

Perhaps Preware is not 'seeing' the 1.4.1 feed and does not realise I've 'moved on' from 1.4 ?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    I've just installed 1.4.1 and opened Preware and I have no patches listed as available to update. Does this mean something's wrong?
    What's the time is Aus, I expect Rob will have a fix out asap if the time zone is right
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    What's the time is Aus, I expect Rob will have a fix out asap if the time zone is right
    08:06 on April 1st, so hopefully by the time we get up tomorrow morning they'll have had a day to get it working and we can get back to patch heaven! It's always shocking how different vanilla webOS is!
    3/31 6:00pm CST, still no patch.
    An Iphone walks into a bar with a Palm Pre on it's shoulder. The bartender looks up and says, "Hey, that's pretty cool, where can I get one of those?" and the Palm Pre says "Hipstertown, they're all over the place"
    Removing all patches AUPT or not is a good thing. I know they hoped we didn't have to EPR, but last time nothing worked after the 1.4 update. I am taking everything off just in case. I will be traveling and don't want to be on the road with a Bricked Pre.

I guess I will have to install 50 patches again, but its worth it. Maybe one day the AUPT will work? I know Jason and the other want that too.

Sad going back to a non-moded phone and 500MHz. Sucks, but worth the benefits --- I think?
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    well, they said this is a "minor software update", so why don't we all just wait til there's an AUPT fix to update? That's what I'm planning on.
    ------
    ~Sam

Crappy generic phone > Another crappy generic phone > Treo 700w > Palm Pre
    Question, I removed my theme and the icons were removed but the screen theme stayed up. Is it ok to download the update? Preware shows no theme, but it is there....Help....
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    notaphonegeek: you should be fine. I've had this once too. This is just like having a different background, which shouldn't pose a problem. I think removing the theme sometimes forgets to delete the wallpaper.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Yep, AUPT didn't work. No updates in Preware after upgrading to 1.4.1.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by idoc21 View Post
    Yet...patience isn't just a virtue, it's a requirement.
    I thought we have 'blank' patches - sort of placeholders - until the patches are 'officially' updated to 1.4.1.1. I expect the patches will be quickly tested, modified for the updated OS, and pushed out to us via the feeds relatively quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by idoc21 View Post
    Oh... crap.

Going from 1.3.5.x to 1.4 was great.. what happened between 1.4. and 1.4.1.x????
    My phone has finished updating and I did not remove any of my patches prior to it. I got a clean install of my OS about 4 days ago, after that I installed the 720 MHz kernel and a few patches using WOSQI. Today I uninstalled the 720 MHz mod but none of the patches and proceeded to 1.4.1.1.
    My patches are all gone and yet Preware tells me they are installed.
    Same here.. none of my patches are working, yet they are still installed and in Preware the "available patches" section is greyed out and I can't 'click' it.

I'm sure this will be fixed in the next day or so. webos internals have NOT let us down yet, and I doubt this will be the time to start =)
    Last edited by fastamx79; 03/31/2010 at 09:00 PM. Reason: added a word i forgot cause my BAL is high =)
    A reinstallation of Preware/PMS allowed me to open it as normal.
    I went and manually got the packages.gz file from Index of /feeds/webos-patches/1.4.1.1/ and it is there but preware doesn't find it.
    May have been too many people trying to get it all at once cause mine finally got it after trying like 10 times.
Page 1 of 15 123456 11 ... LastLast