Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    virtual keyboard update has just been posted. Its available in preware now
    I never updated to 1.4.1. I ran the doctor and it brought me to 1.4.1 Prior to running it I had no patches on my phone.

I got the newest QI and loaded the newest Preware and package manager but wehn I launch preware teh only selections I have are

Optware 17
    Palm Beta 47
    WebOS Internals 1

update:

If I back swipe it brings me to another menu.

I have available applications selectable
    available other selectable
    and installed packages and list of everything selectable.

ALl other greyed out options:

package updates
    available themes
    available patches

is the patches feed just down at hte moment?
    I don't see any patches anywhere. What am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by midnightmaraude; 04/02/2010 at 11:57 AM. Reason: cuz
    Have you checked to make sure you have the proper feeds enabled?
    it looks like all feeds are enabled
    that was weird.
    under preferences it showed the last update was back in February although I had it set to automatic. So I put it to manual only and did the update feeds and they are back. Hmmm
    what do i do? i updated to newest Preware and now it keeps getting stuck by palm catalog on loading screen and i cant remove it. Manage feeds comes up blank
    Has anyone noticed shorter battery life after installing ver. 1.4.1.1?
    There is a new version of Preware that is out. When Preware is downloading feeds, tap on tPreware in upper left corner, then "Manage Feeds", deselect Palm feeds, then update feeds. Download and install the newest Preware from the WebOS Internals feed.
    Bill
    Quote Originally Posted by moebius326 View Post
    Wrong thread.

Try:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...iscussion.html

or

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2346077
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotewayne View Post
    I had to update all my patches after the 4.1.1 install. Now the VKB patch is nowhere to be found. Its not even listed as unavailable.
    I had trouble with this as well..

Go to Preware - Linux apps - find CLEANUP VKB files - install - reboot - preware - patches -VKB patch should be there..
    Quote Originally Posted by BillP3393 View Post
    There is a new version of Preware that is out. When Preware is downloading feeds, tap on tPreware in upper left corner, then "Manage Feeds", deselect Palm feeds, then update feeds. Download and install the newest Preware from the WebOS Internals feed.
    manage feeds keeps bringing up an empty page though?
    Quote Originally Posted by moebius326 View Post
    Yes but I thought it was just me.
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

"manage feeds keeps bringing up an empty page though? "

give it a sec. I was gonna type that I have the same problem, but then I looked down and they're there. I think I may have tapped the empty "Installed" area, but I"m not sure.
    Global Posts
    545 Global Posts
    I want to reinstall preware through WOSQI. but the Internals Feed is empty. App Gallery feed loads fine. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    It looks like all of my patches updated fine except for the Hide SprintTV, Hide NFL, Hide Amazon MP3, etc... Anyone else having this problem?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    A reinstallation of Preware/PMS allowed me to open it as normal.
    PMS?
    most of my patches updated fine but a few say that they are not available for 1.4.1. Character counter, date as carrier string, and a few more. Is this just a small glitch that can be easily updated by the patch creator? I'm assuming that their are many that need to be updated and its taking some time to catch up. I'm not sure if this is the problem or if I did something wrong. I updated to 1.4.1 and ran preware, it showed tons of updates so I clicked update all. It updated everything listed just fine but a few patches did not work anymore as stated before. If anyone can help me figure out if its an error on my part or just an update that hasn't been placed yet then I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by socoot1 View Post
    PMS?
    Package Manager Service
    The simple camera patch to remove shutter sound when taking a picture is not working. either is the shutter sound toggle patches, but those state that they are not ready yet.

the simple shutter sound patch is updated but doesn't work. It still makes a noise.
    I need some advice. For various reasons I had to Doctor my Pre after the 1.4.1 upgrade (O2 Ireland). When I ran WebOS QI for the first time and went to (menu) Tools...Tweaks, a message came up saying

"Tweaking requires GNU patch and lsdiff installed and they are missing, would you like to install them?" or similar words.

I've clicked OK but nothing seems to happen and the message is repeated every time I go to Tweaks. I'v reset the Pre (soft) and closed down Web OS QI and this still happens.

Has anyone any ideas? I'd really appreciate a response. I had some favourite tweaks before 1.4.1 and I really miss them!

Thanks,
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast