Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleKeg View Post
    It never worked very well to begin with ...... Oh No I DIDN'T !!!! seriously .... though ... lots of great work ..... not a great experience tho. Go ahead ... light me up..... I can take it.
    I not going to light you up because I can agree it wasn't the best patch but I liked the satifaction of knowing it was there
    I just installed the update and left all my patches and overclocking enabled. No problems whatsoever.

In fact, I've installed all the updates with the patches enabled, and have never had a problem. I really don't see why people bother.
    After the 1.4.1 update non of my patches were updated, I did an ERP which removed all of them and now I can't install any patch.

I noticed the version of available patches in preware is 1.4.0-xxx, shouldn't this be 1.4.1-xxx ?? When I try to install a patch I get a ipkg error, and in the detail I can see that it's been trying to download a file from ......../1.4.1/..........mypatch-1.4.0-xxx

Does preware think I'm still in 1.4.0? Device Info confirms I'm in 1.4.1...

I rebooted a few times but nothing changed.

What can I do to get my patches back??
    Quote Originally Posted by olivier101 View Post
    After the 1.4.1 update non of my patches were updated, I did an ERP which removed all of them and now I can't install any patch.

I noticed the version of available patches in preware is 1.4.0-xxx, shouldn't this be 1.4.1-xxx ?? When I try to install a patch I get a ipkg error, and in the detail I can see that it's been trying to download a file from ......../1.4.1/..........mypatch-1.4.0-xxx

Does preware think I'm still in 1.4.0? Device Info confirms I'm in 1.4.1...

I rebooted a few times but nothing changed.

What can I do to get my patches back??
    You need to "Update Feeds" - you must have it set to not happen automatically, or you don't have a network connection.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    well i updated to 1.4.1.1 on sprint with all patches installed and with 800mhz patch .. update installed with out a hicup and phone seemed fine but after a couple of days definitely not as snappy as before so i checked and found update dropped it back to 500mhz so i uninstalled the 800mhz sh file rebooted and installed the 720mhz patch to try that OC out & after a couple of reboots all seems fine working flawlessly .. sms contact tone patch still inop but i'm patient ... thank you guys
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    Not so. I also cannot uninstall or update it. Conflict? Could the order it was being done play a role? It was previously fine.

strangely enough, I have 2 Pre's almost identical in patches and apps (6 different apps) but BOTH Aupt responses were identical.

There were a couple of which I was able to uninstall. (18 font, + couple more)

The uninstallable ones are...

GestureClick for Context Menu
    MultiMod
    Named Pages In Launcher
    NoAutoOff While Charging

2 Pres, Same Results.

The others that failed, (about 3 or 4) I was able to uninstall, but those 4 are stuck.

I can here to EPR, but someone posted you need a Clean Pre... (themes & patches)... I thought it was just themes.

Please help. My Pre... It always on the urge of reboot, reroot, rehack... But.. The second Pre. My wife is not so happy with me and I've about had it so... I'm giving her all your emails. (just kidding..)

:-)
    I have not read through the rest of the posts past this one so hopefully I am not repeating something someone else already posted.

Try removing all patches that are in the same category as the patch you cannot updated/remove. When the patch that cannot be updated/removed is the only one left in that category, try updating/removing the patch and then reinstall the other patches in that category.

I would have to agree that some patches don't get along and cause install/update/removal problems for each other (such as if the patches "touch" the same file). I would also agree that the best approach would be to advise the respective developers so that they might be able to collaborate on a fix (or figure out if it is a stand-alone issue).

I had/have 80+ patches installed. All but a few would not update or uninstall (which i used the above method to fix) (I don't recall as of this writing which ones exactly - but I am pretty sure a couple/few were JR's (sorry to say --- but I love your mad skills!!)). I have also been testing the 800MHz patch which seems to be working flawlessly so far without a hint of overheating.

I have not had any of the problems that have been posted in the forums (that I am aware of). I am sorry to hear that so many are having problems. The only problem I am trying to figure out is which patch is causing my Pre to freeze (requiring removal of battery to restart) when I try to reply to an email message (I have not tried composing new or forwarding yet (as opposed to just replying)). I will post back somewhere if I figure it out.

And a side note: I am growing increasingly disappointed/depressed/tired of seeing all the posts by the crab "apples" (substitute your preferred "&#$!^"). This sort of behavior really brings down the community, makes reading the forums difficult if not actually painful and camouflages actually useful information for developers, testers and users. Please stop. If you are unable to compose a post that the adds something to this community (as opposed to detracting from it) then please don't post (I can't wait to see who complains about this post).

To Palm and to all that contribute, share, develop and in any manner make my Pre the awesomeness that it is and will be: Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You need to "Update Feeds" - you must have it set to not happen automatically, or you don't have a network connection.

-- Rod
    Thought I had it set up to automatically..
    Anyway, now it's been stuck on palm-catalog fro half an hour... I'll try trough WiFi tonight.
    Just to throw my two cents in, I've got 35 patches installed, but none are the over clocking ones, I did the OTA upgrade with no problems what so ever. I updated the feeds in Preware and updated all of the patches. Some of the patches are empty right now because the authors have not updated them yet, but I didn't have any failures.
    Quote Originally Posted by olivier101 View Post
    Thought I had it set up to automatically..
    Anyway, now it's been stuck on palm-catalog fro half an hour... I'll try trough WiFi tonight.
    Palm-catalog javascript timeout problem is fixed in Preware 0.9.33

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    At the risk of sounding like a broken record..

I STILL am having issue, updating the SMS Tone per contact. I LOVE that patch and miss it dearly. I am getting an IKPG error, something that ingoring hunks, are in the error log.

Pretty PLEASE???? has anyone sucessfully updated this patch, and does anyone have any info on what the problem can be?

Thanks, Again
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    At the risk of sounding like a broken record..

I STILL am having issue, updating the SMS Tone per contact. I LOVE that patch and miss it dearly. I am getting an IKPG error, something that ingoring hunks, are in the error log.

Pretty PLEASE???? has anyone sucessfully updated this patch, and does anyone have any info on what the problem can be?

Thanks, Again
    First, you might want to try looking over in the patch thread.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...r-contact.html

Second, the general consensus is something went wrong between the update and AUPT and the only easy way to fix it is to run Emergency Patch Recovery and reinstall your patches. I (among MANY others in that thread) had to run EPR to install it properly and we had no problems at all reinstalling after EPR.
    Preware hangs and won't finish loading after 1.4.1.1 upgrade. Any suggestions?
    1.4.1 installed itself on my sprint pre over night... i didnt uninstall any patches, themes, or the 800Mhz overclock

Looks like the update removed everything from my theme except the wall paper, uninstalled all my patches (was able to update them all using AUPT in preware with one click!), and, i'm back at BogoMIPS : 498.07

I guess everything went better than expected... nothing seems messed up... 500Mhz feels so slow. I can't wait for the 800Mhz patch for 1.4.1
    Quote Originally Posted by mwonay View Post
    Preware hangs and won't finish loading after 1.4.1.1 upgrade. Any suggestions?
    Yep, 1.4.1 causes Preware to suffer a javascript timeout when loading the palm-catalog feed. Preware 0.9.33 fixes it.

-- Rod
    Palm-catalog javascript timeout problem is fixed in Preware 0.9.33

-- Rod
    OK, so I suppose I need to disable palm-catalog, update preware and enable it again.
    Yep, 1.4.1 causes Preware to suffer a javascript timeout when loading the palm-catalog feed. Preware 0.9.33 fixes it.

-- Rod
    In the manage feeds options in Preware just turn off the palm catalog this will skip the loading of the palm catalog feed. Restart Preware and update Preware to 0.9.33.
    OK just ran EPR, wow, I dont remember that ever taking so long. It has to go thru every single VK them, letter by letter? huh, guess so. Maybe it did not used to take as long when I ran from my main home on high speed internet. I am away at the beach for a few days and our internet here is an air card on a cradle point.

Anyway, rebooting now after EPR, any suggestions as to any order to re add back patches.

Im thinking of starting with my SMS tone per contact, and ... do I have to go back thru each contact and add the tone back? ughhh thats kinda annoying.. oh well

ok reboot done.. wish me luck
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Nope, well Im just not having any fun.. think I need to give it up, go sit on the beach, and just wait till Im home..

NOW Preware wont launch correctly, getting that crc error as it starts

err2.png

and then after hitting OK, and preware finishes, now there are only 400 something apps, and NO patches..
    Grrrrrr

Could some of this be connection strength related?

I Pre

I did the 800 MHZ patch and without me realizing that 1.4.1 was even around, it installed it for me.

What do i do now, i didnt remove it ever?

also how do i do i update all my patches, i have to do it one by one manually?
    I had to update all my patches after the 4.1.1 install. Now the VKB patch is nowhere to be found. Its not even listed as unavailable.
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast