Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    Where can i download the 800mhz overclock patch? The links posted are saying that they are private...
    Everything worked for me with AUPT with the exception of the SMS Tone per Contact, get the IPKG error and can't remove or update it, everything else is up and running!
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    For me, the following 3 patches will not update, nor can I uninstall them:

Named Pages in the Launcher
    No Auto-Off While Charging
    SMS Tone per Contact
    ARGH I can do Named Pages in the Launcher either and it makes me sad. Now we'll have to make new pages, and move all the damn icons to them. How totally lame.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwaldron View Post
    Where can i download the 800mhz overclock patch? The links posted are saying that they are private...
    the new 800mhz patch isn't read yet. it will be soon
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    Had the same problem w/ AUPT after 1.4.1.1

Then i remembered that i had Preware updating once daily...so i forced an update..guess what! i now have 38 patches that needs updating.

SMS Tone Per Contact hasnt worked for me since 1.4 ...i see the file thats the problem tried using Internal to delete msgtone.html which is the file thats causing my IPK error message case it exist and it wont overwrite...but Internalz cant seem to delete it...
    AUPT didn't work for me, run EPR and now I'm getting an IPK-Error when I want to reinstall the patches *sigh* Hope I don't have to doctor.

€dith: What the... ? My Pre just pulled an April 1st joke (one hour to go in Germany) on me! Now it works -.-
    Last edited by FischOderAal; 04/01/2010 at 05:08 PM.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    GreatHeppes,

I am a bit new at this so please excuse my dumb questions. What is an overlocking patch?
    ahh....you missed all the fun

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...install-b.html
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rattical View Post
    2 patchs not updating yet thru Preware or WEBOSQI

SMS Tones per Contact
    really miss the SMS Tones per Contact...
    Me too - I can't update or delete the patch.

any ideas/help anyone??
    yes you should. uninstall all patches and themes before updating your phone.

this will decrease the likelihood of corrupted webOS files and prevent you from having to EPR or webOS DOCTOR in the future.
    RyentheLion... preparation + opportunity = SUCCESS
    >> THE LIONS WEB <<
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmpisme View Post
    Me too - I can't update or delete the patch.

any ideas/help anyone??
    I have the same problem with SMS Tomes per Contact and am getting the error message when I try to update or remove. All the other 19 patches I use worked fine for me though.

Any ideas on what to do with this IPKG error would be appreciated.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I am getting the IPKG error every time that I try to install a patch! Some history: I fell asleep before I could uninstall the 720 kernel, and I awoke this am after the update installed during the night. Everything was working fine, except any of the installed patches. It seems like the 720 is still working , though. Then I EPR'd, so the patches are uninstalled but I can't re-install any of them. Any help is greatly appreciated!

PS- I have looked extensively through multiple threads for a possible answer, but came up empty!
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drjjd3 View Post
    I am getting the IPKG error every time that I try to install a patch! Some history: I fell asleep before I could uninstall the 720 kernel, and I awoke this am after the update installed during the night. Everything was working fine, except any of the installed patches. It seems like the 720 is still working , though. Then I EPR'd, so the patches are uninstalled but I can't re-install any of them. Any help is greatly appreciated!

PS- I have looked extensively through multiple threads for a possible answer, but came up empty!
    Did u try the WebOS Repair Utility?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    Did u try the WebOS Repair Utility?
    No, will that work? Would I have to re-install all of my apps after?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    Seems to be a problem with AUPT & 1.4.1

After my OTA 1.4.1 update I could see my patches were not working, lost 4x4 & battery% etc, so I went into Preware expecting to see loads of "Package Updates" waiting for me.

But no. Instead all my patches are listed as being installed. They just don't work.

Perhaps Preware is not 'seeing' the 1.4.1 feed and does not realise I've 'moved on' from 1.4 ?
    I used WebOS quick install, used tools than tweaks and the menu offered me to automatically update the patches.

I am on bell network, canada
    OK I have still had no luck gettng SMS Tone per contact to update, and now when I try to load up preware to check it again, Preware errors to this:

prewareerror.png

I hit OK, and the rest of it loads up, but once its up, there are like half the applications and NO patches listed?

Any idea whats going on, anyone? or If its something thats in process?

Thanks,

Always an adventure, every time we update, but I know eventually it will all sift thru..
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

I used preware last night after the update and also today. But now it hangs on the Palm-catalog. Any ideas?

*edit* I turned off the Pre-catalog in manage feeds and it loaded up fully.
    Last edited by Xibalba; 04/01/2010 at 10:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DiNoDior View Post
    what happened to the virtual keyboard patch??????
    It never worked very well to begin with ...... Oh No I DIDN'T !!!! seriously .... though ... lots of great work ..... not a great experience tho. Go ahead ... light me up..... I can take it.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Happened to me too.. Just turn off the Palm app catalog feed in Preware preferences.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    AUPT Rocks. 48 patches updated successfuly the only hiccup was No Alert During Call, but the patch never worked before. Now just waiting for the 800MHz patch and a couple of the scrim patches to be updated.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleKeg View Post
    It never worked very well to begin with ...... Oh No I DIDN'T !!!! seriously .... though ... lots of great work ..... not a great experience tho. Go ahead ... light me up..... I can take it.
    I didn't like it much the last time I used it, but I tried it out yesterday just before the update was released and it was working great for me. Then after epr and update I couldn't get it back..
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast