Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    sms tone per contact works fine for me

I did however removed all patches then reinsyalled.

I did not rely on AUPT
    I keep getting and IPK error, on the sms tone per contact patch...

Any thoughts, is this my connection (Im away, at the beach, using my air card on a cradel point, for my in home wifi), or is this something still being looked at?

I removed theme, but left patches intact prior to update..

All of the other patches, that showed updates have now sucessfully updated. I think a few may not be available, yet, but are not showing up as updates/placeholders at this point.

Once again BIG KUDOS and thanks to all the amazing devs that make this soooo much fun, each time
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

AUPT did not work for me. I had to EPR and reinstall all patches again (80% of them are still not working, so blank patches were installed)
    AUPT worked almost flawlessly for me, except for ipk errors on multi scrim patch. I hate that. I can't seem to remove it.

Can't wait to get 800mhz back!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    AUPT worked perfect! I also can't wait for the new 800Mhz kernal. Thanks!
    i installed the 720 one and its working
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I was having problem with updating or removing the named pages in launcher patch.
    I removed the Enable Add/Delete pages and tried again, didn't work.
    I removed the 5x4 v2 patch and then tried to remove named patch and it worked fine.

Here are my steps:
    Remove Enable add/Delete patch
    luna start
    Remove 5x4 v2 patch
    luna start
    Remove Named launcher patch
    luna start
    Install Named patch
    Install 5x4 v2 patch
    Install Enable add/delete patch
    Luna start

All of them are working fine at the moment.

The only patch that I cannot remove or update is "No auto off while charging". Need to figure out if any other patch is affecting it.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mhausenpre View Post
    My phone has finished updating and I did not remove any of my patches prior to it. I got a clean install of my OS about 4 days ago, after that I installed the 720 MHz kernel and a few patches using WOSQI. Today I uninstalled the 720 MHz mod but none of the patches and proceeded to 1.4.1.1.
    My patches are all gone and yet Preware tells me they are installed.
    give it a minute! I was able to update most of my patches today, and now most work. Give the developers another day or 2 and they should all be fine!
    EPR worked. Removed all the patched, and they all reinstalled, smooth as silk, no ipkg errors. Thanks for the suggestions folks.

~Kelly

"Two things are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yeah, after spending some hours on this today, I've only just got the chance to update my own Pre, and AUPT worked flawlessly for my 11 installed patches.

-- Rod
    Just curious what patches a WebOS Grandmaster stud like Rod has running. Care to share?
    For me, the following 3 patches will not update, nor can I uninstall them:

Named Pages in the Launcher
    No Auto-Off While Charging
    SMS Tone per Contact
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by arnao05 View Post
    do I need to uninstall mytether before installing 1.4.1?
    I installed 1.4.1 without doing anything to mytether, and didn't have any problems.

Althought I haven't tried to USE mytether yet....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    AUPT worked perfectly for me. I have the following patches installed:

4x4 Iconx v3
    Add Date - MM/DD/YY
    Add Priority Discrt Btns
    Additional Days for Syncing Mail
    Advanced Reset Options
    Battery Icon as Percent
    Call Duration in Call Log
    Capture with Volume Keys
    Character Counter
    Disable Charging Alert Sound
    Enable Landscape Email
    Enable Landscape PDF Viewer
    Fully Transparent Launcher
    Genture Tap for Info and Delete
    GestureClick Context Menu
    Hide Quickl Launch Bar in Launcher
    Improved Photo Naming PRE
    Multi Mod
    New Card per Convo
    No Alert During Call
    Power Button to End Calls
    Read/Delete All Email
    Really Silent Ringer Switch Mute
    Replies Forwards Bulti Mod Black Font
    Select Alert and Notification Tones
    Timestamps Clean
    Unthrottle Download Manager
    Video Camera Flashlight
    Last edited by BubbaHooska; 04/01/2010 at 01:34 PM.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I downloaded and installed 1.4.1.1 on Sprint today - it took nearly an hour for the 10MB buggar to download, unpackage, verify, install, etc. and say 'ready/installed' - ridiculous, actually for a minor update i thought.

So, none of the installed patches were active. Naturally. I went into Preware and it did not 'see' patches as needing to be refreshed/updated -- just said they were 'installed' regardless of repeatedly doing a Orange+Sym+R and then restarting PreWare.

So, I went into PreWare menu and refetched the feeds manually, thinking maybe that would help. Did that, and voila! now the thing has been downloading / replacing patches for about 50 minutes again (wifi!).

Hopefully, I won't see those same three patches FAIL like a flaccid WHALE on me: I also have installed the
    * Named Pages in the Launcher
    * No Auto-Off While Charging
    * SMS Tone per Contact

Crossing fingers here...

Mike
    __
    Michael Compeau
    Red Zen Marketing . posterous . com
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    2 patchs not updating yet thru Preware or WEBOSQI

SMS Tones per Contact
    No Alert During Call

really miss the SMS Tones per Contact...
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I ran the EPR last night, updated and then manually reinstalled all my patches. Everything worked great, aside from a few that are holding a space awaiting updates.

But.. I can't find the virtual keyboard patch anywhere!? WOSQI shows that I do not have it installed, but it is not in any of the lists, Preware included.

Any info out there??

Thanks
    All the patches worked for me after update, but I too removed them before the update and did not rely on the AUPT patches (I did screen shots of the list of installed patches- definitely the best approach).

Device Temp Warnings - Timestamps Builtin - Poor Mans Twitter Client - Battery % as Icon White - Change Number of Bookmarks on Startpage - Character Counter - Charging Alert Vibrate Only - Default to Month View - More Sync Times - Roam Only In Device Menu - SMS Tone Per Contact - Unthrottle Download Manager
    Thank me if I helped you.
    some of the time the errors are not just the patch being bad, but in what order they are applied. If you error out, you may want to try removing all patches in the category then reinstall the troubled patch.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    So I think I have the answer how here is the question just in case.

Can I just select the Palm 1.4.1.1 update without removing my current patch's or app's that are currently on my phone? I once saw somewhere that I could potentially brink the phone by installing the Pam updates with the patches and any home brew apps on the phone.

Please advise.
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    So I think I have the answer how here is the question just in case.

Can I just select the Palm 1.4.1.1 update without removing my current patch's or app's that are currently on my phone? I once saw somewhere that I could potentially brink the phone by installing the Pam updates with the patches and any home brew apps on the phone.

Please advise.
    Don't need to remove your home brew apps. I removed Patches (only had 11), but it is not necessary if everything is up to date with Preware (new AUPT technology allows you to just update them in preware after your update). Definitely remove any overclocking patches though!
    Thank me if I helped you.
    GreatHeppes,

I am a bit new at this so please excuse my dumb questions. What is an overlocking patch?
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast