Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    I updated with the 800mhz patch intact ... Didn't have any issues still seems just as snappy but I'll hook it up to PC tonight & see if it's still @ 800mhz I'm not recomending anyone else do it I just figured I'd try it & see... I didn't take that chance with the wifes Pre tho ... I removed the theme & 600mhz patch in hopes that this update will fix her battery issue since the 1.4 update I'll see how that goes today

also note preware showed 24 updates for my installed patches & 23 updated except for sms tones and some were just placeholders very pleased and surprised on how fast updates were available
    Last edited by flewpastu; 04/01/2010 at 06:09 AM. Reason: additional info
    "Named pages in launcher" is broken for me, I can neither update nor remove it :-(

Edit: Okay, remove all laucher patches, remove "named pages in launcher", reinsall other patches... not it's gone at least...
    Last edited by silentguy; 04/01/2010 at 05:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by intron View Post

The only patch that didn't update is SMS Tone per Contact. But I can live with 1 out 37 being delayed until the developer updates
    Same thing here.

Believe.
    sms tone per contact works fine for me

I did however removed all patches then reinsyalled.

I did not rely on AUPT
    life without multi mod sucks when your on the web with the pre!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Here's my list:

Not updated for webOS 1.4.1 (dummy package present)
    • Character Counter
    • Personal Avatar Left Side
    • Remove Engadget Nonsense Text
    • Smiley Faces in Symbol Box Reversed
    • Sound Toggle – Green

Fails on install
    • Named Pages in the Launcher
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    Here's my list:

Not updated for webOS 1.4.1 (dummy package present)
    Character Counter
    Personal Avatar Left Side
    Remove Engadget Nonsense Text
    Smiley Faces in Symbol Box Reversed
    Sound Toggle Green

Fails on install
    Named Pages in the Launcher
    I never got 'Named Pages in the Launcher' to work even prior to 1.4. IPK errors every time I tried to install it. It might conflict with some other patch. Not sure.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    The following patches failed to update for me:

character counter - removed
    full IM status - removed
    Named Pages in Launcher - unable to remove
    No auto off while charging - unable to remove
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    Fails on install
    Named Pages in the Launcher
    Installs fine by itself, so it's a conflict with some other patch. Find out which one, and then get the two patch authors to sort it out.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by ryenthelion View Post

use WEBOS repair utility and it will fix ipk problems.

make sure you use the repair utility with a clean PRE (no themes, no patches)
    Patches that won't uninstallbare my problem... How do you remove a broken patch to run the repair utility? (ironic?)
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Installs fine by itself, so it's a conflict with some other patch. Find out which one, and then get the two patch authors to sort it out.

-- Rod

Not so. I also cannot uninstall or update it. Conflict? Could the order it was being done play a role? It was previously fine.

strangely enough, I have 2 Pre's almost identical in patches and apps (6 different apps) but BOTH Aupt responses were identical.

There were a couple of which I was able to uninstall. (18 font, + couple more)

The uninstallable ones are...

GestureClick for Context Menu
    MultiMod
    Named Pages In Launcher
    NoAutoOff While Charging

2 Pres, Same Results.

The others that failed, (about 3 or 4) I was able to uninstall, but those 4 are stuck.

I can here to EPR, but someone posted you need a Clean Pre... (themes & patches)... I thought it was just themes.

Please help. My Pre... It always on the urge of reboot, reroot, rehack... But.. The second Pre. My wife is not so happy with me and I've about had it so... I'm giving her all your emails. (just kidding..)

:-)
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

-- Rod
    I think the conflict could be between "Named Pages in the Launcher" and "Enable Add/Delete Pages." I couldn't update or remove Named. Removed Add/Delete, then removed Named. After Luna restart, installed both patches and all is well.
    I've been searching for two days now and can't find a valid download location for 800mhz overclock patch. can someone either point me in the right direction or "re-host" the files?
  14. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    I just hit you with $20 Rod! Your work has made my phone more enjoyable in a big way. Thanks.
    removed theme, left all patches and 800mhz kernel in place. aupt worked very well, but used webOSqi because it is faster. most patches updated easily. only a few problems that whitby mentioned still have to be updated by the authors. have no major issues that will make me scream. get my phone settled then have to update two other sprint phones and wait for verizon for friends. i love that we got it before vzw!!!!!! :-) ha ha ha ha!!!!!
    btw my friend who has pre on vzw tried to get them to transfer contacts from old phone and the sales associates there told her: 1st time "don't know how to do it with this phone. never used it. you should get the droid" 2nd time "not sure how to do it. dont like pre, did you look at the droid?" damn, damn, damn. it really is bad for palm there
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    do I need to uninstall mytether before installing 1.4.1?
    name pages in launcher and enable add delete pages,,i have both patches and they are both working
    what happened to the virtual keyboard patch??????
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    No Auto-Off while charging will not update, or uninstall with either Preware or WOSQI.
    All my patches updated fine this morning, but the 2 second SMS vibration isn't working. Will investigate further when I have time. It was working before the update.
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast