Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 14 ... LastLast
    List of patches that don't apply cleanly in 1.4.1 ATM, might help some people. /srv/modifications/app-launche - Anonymous - eiNJ2eKx - Pastebin.com
    did the 1.4.1 update and all went well except all patches were gone as stated previously by other in this thread. Opened up preware and it showed I had 36 updates. I clicked install all and it is proceeding so far without a hitch....will let you know when it is done here in a bit.

UPDATE: Ok, all went well except got the IPKG error as well. I guess some of the patches did not install ok?? Still don't know what that is related to and how to fix it. Anyhow, got my phone looking pretty much like it did before the 1.4.1 update. WooHoo! Was pretty painless.

I did have a quick question though about overclocking while I am waiting: how is it that folks would know that you overclocked if you overheat your PRE? Wouldn't it be dead and thus not be able to provide the info?
    Last edited by chuckmeister_1; 03/31/2010 at 11:55 PM.
    Add Date - MM/DD tk102 "MD5sums mismatch"
    Advanced Options in Launcher Jason Robitaille "MD5sums mismatch"
    Alarm Daily Options romanodog "MD5sums mismatch"
    Audio/Video Attachments fritos1406/dBsooner "MD5sums mismatch"
    Capture With All Keys fritos1406 "MD5sums mismatch"
    Change Number of Bookmarks on Start Page jmartino2011 "MD5sums mismatch"
    Character Counter HattCzech "MD5sums mismatch"
    Charging Alert Vibrate Only a2ny, dBsooner "MD5sums mismatch"
    Close Slider to End Calls KeyToss "MD5sums mismatch"
    Confirm Delete [EMail] jhoff80 "MD5sums mismatch"
    Copy URL to Clipboard Jason Robitaille "MD5sums mismatch"
    Delete From Notification [EMail] lclarkjr "MD5sums mismatch"
    Device Menu Ultramix cwgtex "md5sums mismatch"
    Device Temperature Warnings Jason Robitaille "md5sums mismatch"
    Edit Any Videos Metadata Jason Robitaille "md5sums mismatch"
    Enable Dialpad Vibration icederror "md5sums mismatch"
    Enable Hidden Clock frankos72 "md5sums mismatch"
    Enable Vibration [Calc] dallashigh "ms5sums mismatch"
    Facebook Chat Spoof Jason Robitaille, robvanvliet "ms5sums mismatch"
    Force Send Offline fritos1406, dBsooner "md5sums mismatch"
    Full IM Status fritos1406 "md5sums mismatch"
    Gesture Tab for Info & Delete fritos1406 "md5sums mismatch"

Before i go through the rest of the list, are the "md5sum mismatch" my fault? If so, sorry for the useless post.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    so because the patches were not updated fast enough for you you say already that this update broke alot of stuff,,,,o man.
    It has nothing to do with me being impatient, I was simply referring to how many people had problems just from the start. Settle down.

Also, my Pre is back to its usual awesome self.
    com.drhouse.lupus
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    This patch did not help at all. still cannot even load a simple app like pandora. *** palm. You wonder why your stocks are not booming.. quit playing behind everyone else and get your **** straight... Geez droid is looking better by the day!
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I dont think its your fault Veritas06. Its getting rediculous now.. Cant install hardly anything..I tried everything from post to my own knowledge. I even got a new pre.. Its the patch"s.
    The patches & Palm's updates are two different things. By pushing all the 1.4.0 patches to 1.4.1/1.4.1.1 ( depending on where you are ) we're testing to see which patches need to be updated. Seeing as to how many of my patches are releated to "md5sum mismatch" errors, i have a feeling it's my fault, not Palm's & definitely not webOS Internals'.
    The 1.4.1(.1) patch feed has been released. The following patches have not been included because they did not apply cleanly against 1.4.1(.1):

Code:
    app-launcher-hide-amazon-mp3-app
    app-launcher-hide-mobilehotspot
    app-launcher-hide-nascar-app
    app-launcher-hide-nfl-app
    app-launcher-hide-sprint-navigation-app
    app-launcher-hide-sprinttv-app
    app-launcher-hide-vznav
    app-launcher-menu-fade-scrim
    browser-gestureclick-context-menu
    messaging-15px-font-with-bold-italics
    messaging-15px-font
    messaging-character-counter
    messaging-enable-landscape-messaging
    messaging-enable-personal-avatar
    messaging-full-im-status
    messaging-iphone-style-no-avatar
    messaging-iphone-style
    messaging-personal-avatar-left-side
    messaging-remove-send-and-attach-buttons
    messaging-scrim-chat-balloon
    messaging-scrim-messaging-white-font
    misc-remove-engadget-nonsense-text
    misc-scrim-multi-o2-v2
    misc-scrim-multi-o2
    misc-scrim-multi-v2
    misc-scrim-multi
    mojo-haptic-feedback-manager
    mojo-smiley-faces-in-symbol-box-reversed
    mojo-smiley-faces-in-symbol-box
    pandora-headset-advance-vibrate
    sounds-and-alerts-ts-charge-alert-fix
    sprintnav-black-background-dark-blue-font
    sprintnav-black-background-grey-font
    top-bar-change-ev-icon-to-3g
    top-bar-date-as-carrier-string
    top-bar-palm-carrier-string
    video-player-edit-any-videos-metadata
    video-player-improved-edited-video-filenames
    If you are using any of those patches, please ask the patch author to update the patch for 1.4.1(.1).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Is it just me or is Vkeyboard gone from preware and Quick Installer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    Is it just me or is Vkeyboard gone from preware and Quick Installer?
    It hasn't been updated for 1.4.1 yet.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    rwhitby.... thanks once again for staying on top of all of this and keeping the board up to date. i appreciate your hard work.
    Quote Originally Posted by intron View Post
    rwhitby.... thanks once again for staying on top of all of this and keeping the board up to date. i appreciate your hard work.
    Yeah, after spending some hours on this today, I've only just got the chance to update my own Pre, and AUPT worked flawlessly for my 11 installed patches.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...ton_id=9044086 is the link for donations

(thats Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org for those that can't see links yet)

-- Rod
    I had 37 patches... all but 7 worked perfect the first time. A reboot and several more worked. One (wrap launcher pages) moved from 'installed' to 'available' for some reason but I simply installed it and all was right with the world.

The only patch that didn't update is SMS Tone per Contact. But I can live with 1 out 37 being delayed until the developer updates
    Everything on my end worked except for command line, USCL memos and the stuff you listed above... Anyone get the command line stuff to work? I am about to try via WOSQI....
    I had 37 patches... all but 7 worked perfect the first time. A reboot and several more worked. One (wrap launcher pages) moved from 'installed' to 'available' for some reason but I simply installed it and all was right with the world.

The only patch that didn't update is SMS Tone per Contact. But I can live with 1 out 37 being delayed until the developer updates
    ****...... sorry for double post.
    Quote Originally Posted by kilroy View Post
    It seems that when a patch fails to install (or update, perhaps I should say), Preware stops there and won't try to install the remaining patches unless you uninstall the patch that could not be updated. Would be nice if it finished everything and then showed me the failures. Maybe I should post this in the Preware thread.
    +1. This didn't happen to me this time, because i epr'd first, but it has happened before.
    Quote Originally Posted by rykatemom View Post
    Patches that I cannot update due to ipkg errors:

Character Counter
    GestureClick Context Menu
    Multi Mod
    No Auto-Off While Charging
    SMS Tone per Contact

Any advice or help?

use WEBOS repair utility and it will fix ipk problems.

make sure you use the repair utility with a clean PRE (no themes, no patches)
    RyentheLion... preparation + opportunity = SUCCESS
    >> THE LIONS WEB <<
    WEBOS repair utility can be found here:

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...y-v2-01-a.html
    RyentheLion... preparation + opportunity = SUCCESS
    >> THE LIONS WEB <<
    So I don't necessarily have to uninstall patches to install the update, right?
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 14 ... LastLast