Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567 12 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 283
  1. tlower's Avatar
    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    #21  
    Patches (placeholders) are beginning to pop up again!
    Last edited by tlower; 03/31/2010 at 09:35 PM.
  2. #22  
    just got 1.4.1.1 and preware says I have 36 updates including patches should I update all?
  3. tlower's Avatar
    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    #23  
    yes
  4. #24  
    After installing 1.4.1.1 I immediately went into Preware and updated my feeds. Following that, Preware showed 10 patches that needed to update. I am automatically updating them now. So far, so good.

    Paul
  5. #25  
    After updating and restarting my phone twice, it says the patches are placeholdrs until 1.4.1.1 is compatible...miss my patches a whole lot
  6. #26  
    thank you! I'm on my pre so there is no thanks button
  7. #27  
    just to give all a heads up. I said f that noise and decided to try this out. So I left all patches and my 800 overclock patch on ran the update. everything went smooth. overclock still working and pre didnt' brick. So i figured id share. So take it with a grain of salt but everything looks good still gonna run preware and load any update will let all know. if your feeling risky like I was then share any info. Antho
  8. jalepore's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #28  
    showing all patches are place holders..
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by antho5867 View Post
    just to give all a heads up. I said f that noise and decided to try this out. So I left all patches and my 800 overclock patch on ran the update. everything went smooth. overclock still working and pre didnt' brick. So i figured id share. So take it with a grain of salt but everything looks good still gonna run preware and load any update will let all know. if your feeling risky like I was then share any info. Antho
    you're either brave, crazy, rich, have cheap equipment protection, or all of the above! none of those are true for me, so I'm running stock 1.4.1 and looking forward to re-donating for the updated overclock patches!
  10. #30  
    I was able to update the placeholders on all of my patches except:

    Device Menu Megamix***
    Advanced Reset Options***
    SMS Tone per Contact
    Video Camera Flashlight***

    I couldn't help but find it kinda funny that 3 of those (the ones with the *** after them) were Jason's. Apparently Palm didn't like you with this update Jason.
  11. #31  
    na just crazy. rich? i wish. Protection? my little brother works for sprint. So if it did brick ill run in tomorrow and jsut swamp it so wasnt to worried. At least not worried about it getting replaced if i killed it.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozmodiar View Post
    I was able to update the placeholders on all of my patches except:

    Device Menu Megamix***
    Advanced Reset Options***
    SMS Tone per Contact
    Video Camera Flashlight***

    I couldn't help but find it kinda funny that 3 of those (the ones with the *** after them) were Jason's. Apparently Palm didn't like you with this update Jason.

    I reinstalled Jason's Hide Quick Launch and Temp in drop down menu patches and both work perfectly. So He's getting some love from palm. :-)
  13. #33  
    OK...by now i should know to not update so quickly...buuuuuuut...after installing all 34 placeholdrs on my pixi and updating preware...32 patch updates avail...so updating now now...u guys at homebrew are amazing...not sure how to thank you directly...so this is it!!
  14. jp22382's Avatar
    Posts
    355 Posts
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    #34  
    Unable to update to placeholder or remove:

    No Auto-Off While Charging


    Unable to update to placeholders:

    Device Menu Megamix
    Launch Brightness Unlinked on Luna Boot
    Video Camera Flashlight

    Everything else went smoothly (have a bunch of other patches installed).
  15. #35  
    ok phone updated even with the overclock patch its still working. but....somethings do act a little buggy...maybe its just me but i'm gonna let it roll and see what happens. ill give it 24 hours
  16. #36  
    I thought I had all my patches up to AUPT spec before 1.4 hit.

    Now, none of the patches are running, and there are no patch updates available via preware. I tried uninstalling one, luna restart, then reinstall, but got an ipkg error.

    Would running the EPR, then waiting to reinstall each one-by-one be the move, or should I hold out and hope they all update like others are mentioning?

    update: preware now has updates for me...cool
    Last edited by dfroelich; 03/31/2010 at 10:28 PM.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by antho5867 View Post
    ok phone updated even with the overclock patch its still working. but....somethings do act a little buggy...maybe its just me but i'm gonna let it roll and see what happens. ill give it 24 hours
    I just want to say that there is something VERY RIGHT with the universe when the first guy to speak up and say that he's leaving the overclock patch in place also has a picture of Johnny 5 as his avatar. This has restored my faith in the universe.
  18. alfred86's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by antho5867 View Post
    just to give all a heads up. I said f that noise and decided to try this out. So I left all patches and my 800 overclock patch on ran the update. everything went smooth. overclock still working and pre didnt' brick. So i figured id share. So take it with a grain of salt but everything looks good still gonna run preware and load any update will let all know. if your feeling risky like I was then share any info. Antho
    Same here, everything works fine, no problem. Just update, it won't hurt anything.
  19. navinag's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    #39  
    Updated place holder for all my patches except

    call duration in log
    video camera flashlight
    top bar flashlight in device menu

    Update:

    These patches will not install after having success updating the placeholder

    character counter
    date as carrier srting
    avatar left side
    smiley faces in sym box
    Last edited by navinag; 03/31/2010 at 10:19 PM.
  20. tlower's Avatar
    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    #40  
    Ahhhh! about 99% back to normal, only a few patches still need updated. Just can't wait for the 800Mhz to get here again
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567 12 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions