Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast
    I had a replacement pre sent to my house recently and I was unaware that it wasn't completely up-to-date, so I homebrewed and installed all my patches. I woke up this morning with a little present in the corner of my phone informing me that 1.4.1.1 is available. I've read enough to see that I will have to remove patches and themes, but herein lies the problem. For whatever reason, preware is not showing me the entire list of patches and things that I have installed. It doesn't even show that I have a theme installed, which I do, and it is working, and it doesn't display countless patches that I have installed as well. So here are my questions, how do I remove them and do I have AUPT on my phone automatically via preware or webos quick install? Once I remove them, I update to 1.4.1.1 and then.....?

A quick response would be very appreciated as I'm worried my phone will go and update itself automatically without me knowing!!

Sorry if these questions have been answered somewhere else within the forums, but it's a pain sifting through pages and pages of posts and I didn't happen to stumble upon anyone else who has a similar issue to mine.
    Unfortunately since my last post my phone did auto-update itself. So I didn't have a chance to remove any of my patches or my theme. Now whenever I open preware I get this error message: img175.imageshack.us/img175/4767/preware20101904015100.png
    (Copy and paste)

Preware also takes about 10x longer to open than it used to. It says it auto-updated patches, but it doesn't appear to have done so at all, even though it says I have 16 patches installed. Before the phone reset I probably had closer to 30, but as I stated in the post before, for whatever reason Preware wasn't listing all of them, only 16. I don't know what to do.....

*update* Now preware won't open at all. It has been 'scanning unknown packages com.kalemsoft.nesem' for the past 10minutes with no progress.
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Okay, so if I am reading this correctly....if I do a full erase/factory restore on my phone, I should be able to restore my patches relatively easily?
    This is so awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtonk View Post
    Okay, so if I am reading this correctly....if I do a full erase/factory restore on my phone, I should be able to restore my patches relatively easily?
    I think it will be better to just Doctor your phone and that will do it!! a factory restore is going to wipe everything from your phone....is that what you want?
    My SMS Tone Per Contact will not update it will have a error updating and I also can't remove. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvisp1969 View Post
    My SMS Tone Per Contact will not update it will have a error updating and I also can't remove. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
    I had the same problem with a Gesture Patch and I ended up to Doctor my phone, but before that you might want to try Preware-Emergency Reconstruction Utility.
    I finally was able to update my pre to the new 1.4.1. (verizon customer). I uninstalled the kernel and theme, but left everything else. Went to preware after update and the only updates available were for the virtual keyboard, the add/delete launcher pages, and the preware itself. All of my patches are no longer working and they dont even show up on the device management section of WebOSQI. I am having to reinstall all of my patches.
    Patches don't work and won't install after update. Here's the log. Thanks in advance for the assist.

Randy in Florida

-----------------------------------------------------

install
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-brightness-in-device-menu
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-brightness-in-device-menu (1.4.0-12) to root...
    Downloading http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...4.0-12_all.ipk
    An error ocurred, return value: 22.
    Collected errors:
    ipkg_download: ERROR: Command failed with return value 1: `wget --passive-ftp -q -P /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/tmp/ipkg-0BPhb6 http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...nu_1.4.0Failed to download org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-brightness-in-device-menu. Perhaps you need to run 'ipkg update'?
    wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
    failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during 'install' operation
    Quote Originally Posted by floridarandy View Post
    Patches don't work and won't install after update. Here's the log. Thanks in advance for the assist.

Randy in Florida

-----------------------------------------------------

install
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-brightness-in-device-menu
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-brightness-in-device-menu (1.4.0-12) to root...
    Downloading http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...4.0-12_all.ipk
    An error ocurred, return value: 22.
    Collected errors:
    ipkg_download: ERROR: Command failed with return value 1: `wget --passive-ftp -q -P /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/tmp/ipkg-0BPhb6 http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...nu_1.4.0Failed to download org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-brightness-in-device-menu. Perhaps you need to run 'ipkg update'?
    wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
    failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during 'install' operation
    Update Feeds

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    What would happen if I failed to uninstall an overclock patch.

For example, hypothetically, if I failed to uninstall super-prekernal before updating WebOs. Would that lead to a return of keyboard double-typing, disappearance of universal search, and inability to access dev mode?

hypothetically...
    Not sure about the universal search and devmode, but yes... others have reported that the double-typing still occurs after 1.4.1.1 if using superprekernal to overclock. Apparently getting rid of that and using the uberkernal will once again remove the double-type.
    Just installed Grayscale 3d and it wont uninstall.. This is causing me to not be able to update my patches or even install new ones. What do I do?
    i have the uber kernel app and the govnah app but im guessing the superkernel app is the one i need?
    Hope this is correct thread placement!

Installed "phone off" tweak - using Webosqi on Palm Pre by Sprint.

Phone off works nicely - shuts off phone radio signal alright - which I prefer to do when I sleep. Since I live in an area where the phone keeps searching for signal and I use my phone as an alram clock I don't want the battery draining because it is searching for phone signal.

But when I try to turn the phone signal back on in the morning it dos NOT turn on.

I have to reboot the PRE. No biggie I suppose - but if something turns off easily with a simple tap - shouldn't I be able to turn it back on with a tap?

Cheers,
    Kim

PS is a "tweak" identical to a "patch"?
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    Where can I find the 800mhz kernal for 1.4?
    Hey all. I've had my Pre since launch but only just now started installing homebrew apps and patches via WebOS QuickInstall and Preware only b/c it me this long to screw up the courage to try my hand at it (I know. Brawwwwk bawk bawk!)

Anyways, I was using QuickInstall and in the patches section, accidentally clicked on Browser multi-mod. In a panic, instead of clicking Restart Luna to complete it and then uninstalling it the same way, I just clicked on Browser multi-mod again to uninstall and then started getting error msgs...Hoping to try a fix, I tried installing it again w/ the idea of luna restarting and then uninstalling/luna restarting. Alas, all that happens now when I check the box to install is I get the error msg below:

ERROR: an error occurred while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh

Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? (n)
    Apply anyway? (n)

1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- see webos-patches.log for more details

and there'll be no check mark in the box I just selected. Have I screwed up my phone? Do I need to run WebOSDoctor to fix this? Thanks so much for any help w/ this!
    anyone have links to the 800mhz instructions?
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp0818 View Post
    Have I screwed up my phone? Do I need to run WebOSDoctor to fix this? Thanks so much for any help w/ this!
    The webos repair utility (http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...y-v2-01-a.html) should be able to fix you up. However, it may not be an issue unless you want the browser multi-mod patch. Does your browser work? If so, you don't need to do anything. If it's not working, you'll need the repair utility.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Phew, thanks a lot for the info! Just checked my browser, functions just fine. I should probably run the repair utility just in case though, right? In case I ever do decide to get the browser multi-mod patch?