Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozmodiar View Post
    I cannot get the SMS Tones per Contact or the Date as Carrier String to install.

For some reason the Date As Carrier String patch didn't update to a placeholder either.

Additionally, I get an IPKG error when trying to install OR uninstall the SMS Tone per Contact patch.

Is anyone going to answer this? If so, please answer, or point us in the right direction. Our SMS Tone per contact was working fine and the update installed without us even knowing! the next day it said it installed 1.4.1. and then blam! all our patches did not work. the most important for us SMS TONE PER CONTACT was gone. everytime we try to install ANY patch, it gives errors. we cannot even DELETE patches!
    what do you do when after running EPR, it shows the patches still there, and you can't uninstall. We get the same IPKG errors when trying to "uninstall" as when trying to "install"!
    Thanks
    Hey Jason or whoever, please develop a patch for flash during phone calls. It will help in conference calling. Also, you can only conference once during a phone call. I think the patch will help that....Thank you!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee View Post
    I thought we have 'blank' patches - sort of placeholders - until the patches are 'officially' updated to 1.4.1.1. I expect the patches will be quickly tested, modified for the updated OS, and pushed out to us via the feeds relatively quickly.
    However this did not work on my phone. One of my patches became seriously messed up (SMS Tone per Contact) after this latest update. I was unable to install the updated patch after the OTA update. After running EPR on my phone I thought that would remedy my problem as I was able to download the patch, but it no longer works. I've tried all sorts of solutions (short of doctoring my phone), but none of them have worked. This all happened after the WebOS update.

I have to agree, after this latest snafu, that even though the intentions of Jason R. are nothing but noble and noteworthy, the fact is that something in this latest update doesn't quite jive with all of the AUPT patches and it might happen again with the next update. It might just be safer to remove all of the patches prior to the update and then simply reinstall them. I only use 28 patches so I lose roughly 40 minutes (based on the last time I had to EPR my phone) when re-installing them.
    I'm suprised that people aren't posting screenshots of the contents of the IPKG Log window, and the full content of the webos-patches.log file on the USB drive. Without both those things, the patch authors cannot even begin to determine exactly what problem you are experiencing.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Hey guys,
    after installing 1.4.1 I wanted to update my Preware-Feeds and when it comes to Palm Catalog the "circle" rotates but nothing more happens. You know what to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulyssus View Post
    Hey guys,
    after installing 1.4.1 I wanted to update my Preware-Feeds and when it comes to Palm Catalog the "circle" rotates but nothing more happens. You know what to do?
    The answer is here

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenRagunton View Post
    One of my patches became seriously messed up (SMS Tone per Contact) after this latest update.
    Since this particular patch seems to be troubling so many people, I will doctor my phone back to 1.4.0, install the old 1.4.0 version of the patch, go through the OTA update, and see what happens.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 04/09/2010 at 08:38 AM.
    OK, here is the result of attempting to update the SMS Tone per Contact patch after an OTA update.

Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------
    PATCH REMOVAL Sun Mar 28 22:33:50 PDT 2010
    ------------------------------------------------------
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-sms-tone-per-contact/messaging-sms-tone-per-contact.patch

----------------------------------
    Checking md5sums
    Palm md5sum when installed: 87829102fe8016a4e6c287793d572ea4
    Getting md5sum from Palm package: com.palm.app.contacts
      md5sum: 87829102fe8016a4e6c287793d572ea4
      Existing file matches Palm md5sum: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs
      $Remove$ $backup$
    $Palm$ $md5sum$ $when$ $installed$: $8309d02329f38633dafb8776c9ed969f$
    $Getting$ $md5sum$ $from$ $Palm$ $package$: $com$.$palm$.$app$.$contacts$
      $md5sum$: $8309d02329f38633dafb8776c9ed969f$
      $Existing$ $file$ $matches$ $Palm$ $md5sum$: /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$contacts$/$app$/$controllers$/$filepicker$-$behaviors$.$js$
      $Remove$ $backup$
    $Palm$ $md5sum$ $when$ $installed$: $4e957766b05c12f4fd2ba60b9da5466c$
      $md5sum$: $4e957766b05c12f4fd2ba60b9da5466c$
      $Existing$ $file$ $matches$ $Palm$ $md5sum$: /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$contacts$/$app$/$views$/$edit$/$lists$-$fake$.$html$
      $Remove$ $backup$
    $Palm$ $md5sum$ $when$ $installed$: 
      $md5sum$: 
    $Getting$ $md5sum$ $from$ $Palm$ $package$: $com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$
      $md5sum$: 
    $Getting$ $md5sum$ $from$ $Palm$ $package$: $com$.$palm$.$app$.$soundsandalerts$
      $md5sum$: 
      $md5sum$: 
      $Found$ $created$ $file$: /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$contacts$/$app$/$views$/$edit$/$msgtones$.$html$
    $Palm$ $md5sum$ $when$ $installed$: $6afc8fa70c39a140e9d915a59f7fe4e1$
      $md5sum$: 
      $md5sum$: $232bff525014a56692e3be3bebbfda77$
      $Existing$ $file$ $matches$ $Palm$ $md5sum$: /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$chatview$-$assistant$.$js$
      $Remove$ $backup$
    $Palm$ $md5sum$ $when$ $installed$: $8f768a1c4c171b0ccad079ff3980f592$
      $md5sum$: 
      $md5sum$: $8f768a1c4c171b0ccad079ff3980f592$
      $Existing$ $file$ $matches$ $Palm$ $md5sum$: /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$listview$-$assistant$.$js$
      $Remove$ $backup$
    $Palm$ $md5sum$ $when$ $installed$: $5abc8d102e547054d6293716c6319d28$
      $md5sum$: 
      $md5sum$: $5abc8d102e547054d6293716c6319d28$
      $Existing$ $file$ $matches$ $Palm$ $md5sum$: /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$notification$-$assistant$.$js$
      $Remove$ $backup$
    $Palm$ $md5sum$ $when$ $installed$: $7e55e9dfe28c4cdbc6083c728600aa2a$
      $md5sum$: 
      $md5sum$: $7e55e9dfe28c4cdbc6083c728600aa2a$
      $Existing$ $file$ $matches$ $Palm$ $md5sum$: /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$models$/$messaging$-$luna$-$service$.$js$
      $Remove$ $backup$
    $Palm$ $md5sum$ $when$ $installed$: $e8c91f1583c84107cf71b57851ce5e37$
      $md5sum$: 
      $md5sum$: 
    $Getting$ $md5sum$ $from$ $Palm$ $package$: $com$.$palm$.$app$.$soundsandalerts$
      $md5sum$: $e8c91f1583c84107cf71b57851ce5e37$
      $Found$ $modified$ $file$: /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$soundsandalerts$/$app$/$controllers$/$soundsalertsconfig$-$assistant$.$js$
    $Palm$ $md5sum$ $when$ $installed$: $7afc0d153241f038f99a4b466fa1524e$
      $md5sum$: 
      $md5sum$: 
      $md5sum$: $7afc0d153241f038f99a4b466fa1524e$
      $Found$ $modified$ $file$: /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$soundsandalerts$/$app$/$models$/$SystemService$.$js$
    $Palm$ $md5sum$ $when$ $installed$: $6fb15cf79d1754e0452b23461675ecb0$
      $md5sum$: 
      $md5sum$: 
      $md5sum$: $6fb15cf79d1754e0452b23461675ecb0$
      $Found$ $modified$ $file$: /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$soundsandalerts$/$app$/$views$/$soundsalertsconfig$/$soundsalertsconfig$-$scene$.$html$

$Dry$ $run$ $patch$ $attempt$...
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$contacts$/$app$/$controllers$/$edit$-$assistant$.$js$
    $Unreversed$ $patch$ $detected$!  $Ignore$ -$R$? [$n$] 
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$] 
    $Skipping$ $patch$.
    $3$ $out$ $of$ $3$ $hunks$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$contacts$/$app$/$controllers$/$edit$-$assistant$.$js$.$rej$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$contacts$/$app$/$controllers$/$filepicker$-$behaviors$.$js$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$] 
    $Skipping$ $patch$.
    $2$ $out$ $of$ $2$ $hunks$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$contacts$/$app$/$controllers$/$filepicker$-$behaviors$.$js$.$rej$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$contacts$/$app$/$views$/$edit$/$lists$-$fake$.$html$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$] 
    $Skipping$ $patch$.
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$contacts$/$app$/$views$/$edit$/$lists$-$fake$.$html$.$rej$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$contacts$/$app$/$views$/$edit$/$msgtones$.$html$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$chatview$-$assistant$.$js$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$] 
    $Skipping$ $patch$.
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$chatview$-$assistant$.$js$.$rej$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$listview$-$assistant$.$js$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$] 
    $Skipping$ $patch$.
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$listview$-$assistant$.$js$.$rej$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$notification$-$assistant$.$js$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$] 
    $Skipping$ $patch$.
    $7$ $out$ $of$ $7$ $hunks$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$notification$-$assistant$.$js$.$rej$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$models$/$messaging$-$luna$-$service$.$js$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$] 
    $Skipping$ $patch$.
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$models$/$messaging$-$luna$-$service$.$js$.$rej$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$soundsandalerts$/$app$/$controllers$/$soundsalertsconfig$-$assistant$.$js$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$soundsandalerts$/$app$/$models$/$SystemService$.$js$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$soundsandalerts$/$app$/$views$/$soundsalertsconfig$/$soundsalertsconfig$-$scene$.$html$

$dry$ $run$ $failed$, $checking$ $if$ $applying$ $entire$ $patch$ $would$ $succeed$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$contacts$/$app$/$controllers$/$edit$-$assistant$.$js$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$contacts$/$app$/$controllers$/$filepicker$-$behaviors$.$js$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$contacts$/$app$/$views$/$edit$/$lists$-$fake$.$html$
    $The$ $next$ $patch$ $would$ $create$ $the$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$contacts$/$app$/$views$/$edit$/$msgtones$.$html$,
    $which$ $already$ $exists$!  $Assume$ -$R$? [$n$] 
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$] 
    $Skipping$ $patch$.
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$contacts$/$app$/$views$/$edit$/$msgtones$.$html$.$rej$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$chatview$-$assistant$.$js$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$listview$-$assistant$.$js$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$notification$-$assistant$.$js$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$models$/$messaging$-$luna$-$service$.$js$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$soundsandalerts$/$app$/$controllers$/$soundsalertsconfig$-$assistant$.$js$
    $Reversed$ ($or$ $previously$ $applied$) $patch$ $detected$!  $Assume$ -$R$? [$n$] 
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$] 
    $Skipping$ $patch$.
    $2$ $out$ $of$ $2$ $hunks$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$soundsandalerts$/$app$/$controllers$/$soundsalertsconfig$-$assistant$.$js$.$rej$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$soundsandalerts$/$app$/$models$/$SystemService$.$js$
    $Hunk$ #$1$ $succeeded$ $at$ $82$ ($offset$ $54$ $lines$).
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$soundsandalerts$/$app$/$views$/$soundsalertsconfig$/$soundsalertsconfig$-$scene$.$html$
    $Reversed$ ($or$ $previously$ $applied$) $patch$ $detected$!  $Assume$ -$R$? [$n$] 
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$] 
    $Skipping$ $patch$.
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$soundsandalerts$/$app$/$views$/$soundsalertsconfig$/$soundsalertsconfig$-$scene$.$html$.$rej$

$Removal$ $FAILED$!
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$] 
    $3$ $out$ $of$ $3$ $hunks$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$contacts$/$app$/$controllers$/$edit$-$assistant$.$js$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$] 
    $2$ $out$ $of$ $2$ $hunks$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$contacts$/$app$/$controllers$/$filepicker$-$behaviors$.$js$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$] 
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$contacts$/$app$/$views$/$edit$/$lists$-$fake$.$html$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$] 
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$chatview$-$assistant$.$js$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$] 
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$listview$-$assistant$.$js$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$] 
    $7$ $out$ $of$ $7$ $hunks$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$notification$-$assistant$.$js$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$] 
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$models$/$messaging$-$luna$-$service$.$js$.$rej$
    $ls$ -$R$ /$media$/$cryptofs$/$apps$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$org$.$webosinternals$.$patches$.$messaging$-$sms$-$tone$-$per$-$contact$
    /$media$/$cryptofs$/$apps$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$org$.$webosinternals$.$patches$.$messaging$-$sms$-$tone$-$per$-$contact$:
    $md5sums$
    $messaging$-$sms$-$tone$-$per$-$contact$.$patch$
    $package_list$
    *** $FAILED$ ***
    $root$@$palm$-$webos$-$device$:/$var$/$home$/$root$#
    The important lines from this log are:

Code:
    Found created file: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/msgtones.html
    Found modified file: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/controllers/soundsalertsconfig-assistant.jsjsjs
    $Found$ $modified$ $file$: /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$soundsandalerts$/$app$/$models$/$SystemService$.$js$
    $Found$ $modified$ $file$: /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$soundsandalerts$/$app$/$views$/$soundsalertsconfig$/$soundsalertsconfig$-$scene$.$html$
    So, to manually remove this patch, you need to first get those files back to the state that matches a stock webOS installation. Use the WebOS Repair Tool to do that. Then try again to remove the patch.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 04/09/2010 at 09:23 AM.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Since the update to 1.4.1 I haven't been able to use Preware to install any theme OR patch. Nothing but IPKG errors. Oh well.

Anybody know when it will be safe to install any of the over-clocking patches? I didn't realize how much I love the 720mhz until I didn't have it....
    Quote Originally Posted by gdgates View Post
    Since the update to 1.4.1 I haven't been able to use Preware to install any theme OR patch. Nothing but IPKG errors. Oh well.
    I'd ask for a full refund from the patch developers. Did you read post #245 ?

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    A screenshot from the 14 different patches and/or themes I've attempted to install? Of course not. Sadly, I think my days of being a Pre owner are numbered, so it's a moot point anyway.
    A screenshot from the 14 different patches and/or themes I've attempted to install? Of course not. Sadly, I think my days of being a Pre owner are numbered, so it's a moot point anyway.
    Ok, hope you had fun.

-- Rod

Anybody know when it will be safe to install any of the over-clocking patches? I didn't realize how much I love the 720mhz until I didn't have it....
    I've installed it already and it works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by gigone View Post
    I've installed it already and it works fine.
    So I have never used one of the overlock patches, I understand it makes the phone run faster correct? Is there any risk with the 720?
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I'd ask for a full refund from the patch developers. Did you read post #245 ?

-- Rod
    You should know by now that too many of the people who post on this forum don't read any of the other postings except their own.

Thanks for all the hard work of the WebOS Internals team. My patches are working just fine after using AUPT.
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    So I have never used one of the overlock patches, I understand it makes the phone run faster correct? Is there any risk with the 720?
    There is a risk for everything, but it is worth it.
    My phone works great even though it updated itself to 1.4.1.1 with all the patches and overclock on it.
    I had a problem with only one Gesture patch, can not updated and remove it, but I'm not crying loud for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxfamily238 View Post
    Is anyone going to answer this? If so, please answer, or point us in the right direction. Our SMS Tone per contact was working fine and the update installed without us even knowing! the next day it said it installed 1.4.1. and then blam! all our patches did not work. the most important for us SMS TONE PER CONTACT was gone. everytime we try to install ANY patch, it gives errors. we cannot even DELETE patches!
    That's because the discussion got moved over to the official patch thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...r-contact.html

Long story short, you have 3 options:

1. Try webOS Repair Utility - By Jason R.

2. Run Emergency Patch Recovery to remove ALL patches and then reinstall them

3. webOS Doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulyssus View Post
    Hey guys,
    I had that same problem. when you load preware. It was not getting pass the Palm-catalog updload.. just got stuck loading that.. so I tap on the "preware" tab on top left corner.. then tapped "manage feeds" then scroll down to palm-catalog turned to "off".. and I was able to by pass that load and loaded preware fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by lenin_pre View Post
    I had that same problem. when you load preware. It was not getting pass the Palm-catalog updload.. just got stuck loading that.. so I tap on the "preware" tab on top left corner.. then tapped "manage feeds" then scroll down to palm-catalog turned to "off".. and I was able to by pass that load and loaded preware fine.
    You can then upgrade Preware, and then re-enable the Palm catalog if you so desire. The problem is fixed in the latest version of Preware.

-- Rod