Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by silentguy View Post
    Hm, some patches have shown up on my device twice... I now have a working temp in device info installed, but there is also a "temp in device info" placeholder available... at least it did not want to downgrade ;-)

EDIT: On a WebOS 1.4.1, in germany but set to english
    There were two temperature patches that were incorrectly categorised at the start and were moved from the 'Other' category to the 'Top Bar' category.

-- Rod
    hi. i have the same problem. after installing the update, i was unable to have all previously downloaded patches and themes. don't know how to get them back. anyone know how?

thanks!
    I can't even get my Preware to open. Do I have to reload it again? And what about the 800, do I have to reload that again too? This sucks!
    Rod, was the server down again late last night? Or still? As I'm trying to restore things from Preware Alpha I see a lot of "offline root mode: not running..." notes.

Edit: Never mind, I thought my patches weren't installing, but it ends up I left EPR in my Saves Packages List {hangs head in shame}.
    Last edited by madcow19; 04/07/2010 at 09:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by msaflor View Post
    hi. i have the same problem. after installing the update, i was unable to have all previously downloaded patches and themes. don't know how to get them back. anyone know how?

thanks!
    How did you update? From which version to which version, did you use any other tool (and which version), was there and app catalogue installations happening at the same time, and does the emergency reconstruction utility fix it?

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by madcow19 View Post
    Rod, was the server down again late last night? Or still? As I'm trying to restore things from Preware Alpha I see a lot of "offline root mode: not running..." notes.

Edit: Never mind, I thought my patches weren't installing, but it ends up I left EPR in my Saves Packages List {hangs head in shame}.
    The server has been fully operational and is working correctly.

The offline root messages are normal, and are not indicative of any error.

-- Rod
    rwhitby, Whats going on with Preware... I can't even load it up after my upgrade to 4.1.1 What do I have to do...reload it?
    webOS Quickinstal Error log messages as follows:

Error uninstalling: org.webosinternals.patches.screen-lock-no-auto-off-while-charging

Error uninstalling: org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-sms-tone-per-contact

These two patches will not remove with EPR, in tweaks, or from the device manager. Tweaks Also keeps giving me the message: error loading package feed.
    I am unable to bring up preware as well. will not get past "loading package information palm catalog" display.
    One interesting note is that the no auto off while charging patch still works, while the sms tone per contact does not.
    Hi,

I have a situation, an overclocked pre to 800 mhz with bunch of patches just updated itself to 1.4.1! I had no clue untill I recharged the phone and that`s what I see. The phone is now off, because I noticed some overheating which is not normal. Please tell me what should I do

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by apczerwinski View Post
    I am unable to bring up preware as well. will not get past "loading package information palm catalog" display.
    I am having the same problem; I posted a similar comment in the PreWare thread before I saw this.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnell View Post
    Hi,

I have a situation, an overclocked pre to 800 mhz with bunch of patches just updated itself to 1.4.1! I had no clue untill I recharged the phone and that`s what I see. The phone is now off, because I noticed some overheating which is not normal. Please tell me what should I do

Thanks
    I had the same, so I just went in preware and reinstalled/updated my patches again and uninstall the 800mhz for 1.4 and installed again the 800mhz for 1.4.1.
    It works good and is not overheating. The only problem I have is with the Gesture patch, I can not remove it or updated.
    I messed up and installed the update 1.4.1.1 Sprint on my Pre with out uninstalling my custom theme, I did manage to remove it, and through preware I was able to install the original blue theme but I can not reinstall my custom theme I had been using a earlier version of webOS Quick install themer to install it, and that had worked fine for me at least two times. Does anybody have any ideas on how to install my custom theme now. Thanks a bunch.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Palm has messed up by making the SMS vibrate only for a half second. It is impossible to feel them in a pocket now. The patches that increase the time are great. The problem is that the phone vibrates on a call when an SMS arrives which is extremely annoying and embarrassing since the person on the other end hears it. Can this patch be fixed so that it doesnt vibrate on a call please.
    Quote Originally Posted by xvipx View Post
    Palm has messed up by making the SMS vibrate only for a half second. It is impossible to feel them in a pocket now. The patches that increase the time are great. The problem is that the phone vibrates on a call when an SMS arrives which is extremely annoying and embarrassing since the person on the other end hears it. Can this patch be fixed so that it doesnt vibrate on a call please.
    you might want to install another patch there is out there: No Alert During Call.
    It might work for you.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by detection View Post
    It looks like all of my patches updated fine except for the Hide SprintTV, Hide NFL, Hide Amazon MP3, etc... Anyone else having this problem?
    Sorry to just echo your frustration with these patches, but I'm having the same problem where the patches download but it doesn't actually hide the apps. I can't find a solution to this anywhere on this forum. Please let me know if you hear something that I miss. Thanks
    There was a problem with the server webOS Internals uses for the patches that has now been fixed. Remove the patches, restart Luna & reinstall them.
    This is for the users on palm pre for sprint. My phone had updated itself, I did not get a chance to uninstall the patches. I do not use the overclocking patches and I do not use a theme so I did not have to worry about uninstalling those. After the palm update, preware showed the patches installed and needed an update, but my patches were not working. Here's what I did to get my patches working again.
    On my phone through preware I
    uninstalled pacthes
    updated to the latest preware
    installed the patches. and patches worked fine.

I was having a problem loading preware on my phone.. it was not getting pass the Palm-catalog updload.. just got stuck loading that.. so I taped on the preware tab on top left corner.. then tapped "manage feeds" then palm-cataloge turned to "off".. and I was able to by pass that load and loaded preware fine.

Hope this helps someone with a similar situation as me.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    AUPT works for everything but the Hide Nascar patch. At this point I just want the *$&! thing off!

Can't remove in PreWare (get an ipkg error: Failure during pre-remove script execution) and when trying to get into Tweaks in WOSQI get the "....version of webOS has updated...needs to transition patches to this new version" Yes/No.

Yes = error occurred attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh, patching file usr/palm/applications/com.handon.app.nascar/appinfo.json

and continues to loop while trying to update the patch. This is preventing me from running the EPR which would, I think, help to solve. Alas I can't get in.

No = dumps out of Tweak window.

Is there a way to manually remove through Windows?

As a side note I'm having to reinstall the GNU Patch and Lsdiff after each time I attempt to remove the Nascar patch.

Uber frustrating.

Any help is appreciated.

-Trollark
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollark View Post
    AUPT works for everything but the Hide Nascar patch. At this point I just want the *$&! thing off!

Can't remove in PreWare (get an ipkg error: Failure during pre-remove script execution) and when trying to get into Tweaks in WOSQI get the "....version of webOS has updated...needs to transition patches to this new version" Yes/No.

Yes = error occurred attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh, patching file usr/palm/applications/com.handon.app.nascar/appinfo.json

and continues to loop while trying to update the patch. This is preventing me from running the EPR which would, I think, help to solve. Alas I can't get in.

No = dumps out of Tweak window.

Is there a way to manually remove through Windows?

As a side note I'm having to reinstall the GNU Patch and Lsdiff after each time I attempt to remove the Nascar patch.

Uber frustrating.

Any help is appreciated.

-Trollark
    Why dont you just go into yot root system on the pre and do it. Its n ot hat hard if you really really need it.

1. root the pre
    2. make files system writeable
    3. find the location of the nascar app
    4. modify the app.json file. Change visible from true to false. Save and do a luna rescan from luna manager and you are done
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    So there is a manual fix! Sounds good to me and apologies in advance but items 1, 2 and 4 are a bit cryptic. Care to elaborate or know any good tutorial so I can translate your response?

Thank you for the help!

-T
    Last edited by Trollark; 04/08/2010 at 07:32 PM.