Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lenin_pre View Post
    Please advice. I did not get a 1.4.1.1 update warning prior to updating OTA last night on my palm pre (sprint). So I did not get a chance to remove the 23 patches I use. I updated all the patches this morning over preware, did a luna restart and no patch works... did a orange + sym + R restart and still patches are not working.. any advice. all patches have been updated and now say V1.4.1-1 ... patchees I'm using are
    5x4 icons v2, actual words instead of icons, add date mm/dd, all-day events in month view, audio/video attachments, battery icon as percentage, capture with volume keys, change # of bookmarks, charging alert vibrate only, confirm delete, enable add/delete pages, enable ladscape email, enter key for new line, mega mix, and a few others...
    The temporary build machine that we put in place while the normal autobuilder is getting a replacement motherboard had a required package missing from it's build environment, and therefore was not generating the patch packages correctly.

I'm currently rebuilding the feeds for the second time. I'll post again when they are ready to be used.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The temporary build machine that we put in place while the normal autobuilder is getting a replacement motherboard had a required package missing from it's build environment, and therefore was not generating the patch packages correctly.

I'm currently rebuilding the feeds for the second time. I'll post again when they are ready to be used.

-- Rod

When they are ready to be used, will I have to unistall and reinstall patches? Or will a simple restart of my pre make the patches install and work?
    Quote Originally Posted by lenin_pre View Post
    When they are ready to be used, will I have to unistall and reinstall patches? Or will a simple restart of my pre make the patches install and work?
    OK, the rebuilt feed is now ready for use.

Unfortunately, you will need to uninstall and reinstall any patches that are not working that you installed in the last 48 hours since our autobuilder broke.

Apologies for the inconvenience. The new motherboard for the autobuilder should arrive and be installed today, and then things will be back to normal.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 04/06/2010 at 01:45 PM.
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    but... i did a clean install last night.. gah! noooess.

i only noticed 1 patch that didnt work as intended though
    I rather be on Gun playing World of Warcraft...but until then ill be on my palm Pre!
    Unfortunately, you will need to uninstall and reinstall any patches that you installed in the last 48 hours since our autobuilder broke.
    Could you clarify on that point? I did the 1.4.1.1 upgrade and updated all patches yesterday afternoon, then had to do EPR and reinstall all patches last night to force a couple of recalcitrant patches to update. Do I need to now EPR and do them all again?

Thanks.

Unfortunately, you will need to uninstall and reinstall any patches that you installed in the last 48 hours since our autobuilder broke.

Apologies for the inconvenience. The new motherboard for the autobuilder should arrive and be installed today, and then things will be back to normal.

-- Rod
    Will do that right now. I will report result soon!
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    These things happen. Glad it is fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyderekz View Post

i only noticed 1 patch that didnt work as intended though
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRich View Post
    Could you clarify on that point? I did the 1.4.1.1 upgrade and updated all patches yesterday afternoon, then had to do EPR and reinstall all patches last night to force a couple of recalcitrant patches to update. Do I need to now EPR and do them all again?

Thanks.
    I've looked at the build logs, and you only actually need to reinstall any that are not working. If you installed a patch and it's working, then it was not affected and is perfectly fine to stay as it is.

-- Rod
    I need help. I'm not sure what going on with some of these patches. I installed some patches and they didn't even do anything. I uninstalled them and then installed again and nothing. Is something down? Do I need to wait? I'm not sure. =/
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyderekz View Post
    +1 I did too. I think all my patches installed fine, though. Whew!
    Note that you should hit "Update Feeds" and make sure that it downloads (not just loads) a new Packages.gz file for the webos-patches feed to ensure that you are seeing the updated package files.

Then uninstall and reinstall any patches that are not working.

If after doing that, you're still having problems with individual patches not working (as opposed to any patch you install not working), then you should report those failures in the specific thread for that patch.

Again, apologies to everyone for the inconvenience. Things will be much easier for me again once this replacement motherboard is installed in the autobuilder machine and we're back on auto-pilot for building.

-- Rod
    Again, apologies to everyone for the inconvenience. Things will be much easier for me again once this replacement motherboard is installed in the autobuilder machine and we're back on auto-pilot for building.
    Just glad you figured it out

Unfortunately, you will need to uninstall and reinstall any patches that are not working that you installed in the last 48 hours since our autobuilder broke.

-- Rod
    rwhitby You are a genious!! installing my patches and working fine. Million thanks!! I thought I would have to doctor my pre.. saved me!!!
    Here's a new one...

My phone decided to reset itself yesterday, I still have all my patches and they're working, but I had to reinstall preware and it doesn't recognize them.

Any way to get Preware to see them without an erase and reinstall of all of them?
    Quote Originally Posted by brothermoose View Post
    Here's a new one...

My phone decided to reset itself yesterday, I still have all my patches and they're working, but I had to reinstall preware and it doesn't recognize them.

Any way to get Preware to see them without an erase and reinstall of all of them?
    I had this issue with the 1.4 update...

I had to turn "Scan Unknown Packages" to "Yes" in the Preware preferences menu to get it to show them.
    Thanks, but it seems that it is already set to "yes" and still doesn't see them.

I even tried turning it off, then on again.
    My phone updated itself over the night with all my patches and 800 overclock on it.
    it still works good !!! only patch I could not update and I keep getting an IPKG Log error is the GestureClick Context Menu, everything else seems to be fine. I've tried to remove it but again the same error. Any idea how to make it work?
    Carrier: o2 Germany

WebOS: 1.4.1

Preware: 0.9.33 (installed via WebOS QuickInstall)

Issue:
    I have tried installing multiple patches - either one at a time with a Luna restart in between, or multiple with a single restart - but none of them seem to work. The patches I installed were "Data in Device Menu", "GPS in Device Menu", "Toggle 3G in Device Menu", and "Unhide Dev Mode Icon". None of the Device Menu patches resulted in anything being added to the Device Menu, and the Dev Mode Icon didn't appear in the launcher. All of these had previously worked with 1.3.5.2.
    After restarting I verified that the patches were installed by going back into Preware.

Anyone else having this issue?

Regards,
    Brett.
    Hm, some patches have shown up on my device twice... I now have a working temp in device info installed, but there is also a "temp in device info" placeholder available... at least it did not want to downgrade ;-)

EDIT: On a WebOS 1.4.1, in germany but set to english
    After updating Preware to 0.9.35 and updating the feeds, I can now successfully install the patches with the desired results.

@silentguy - mine is running in English too.