Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast
    Only one my patches isnt working... the sms per contact patch... does anyone know how to fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    what do i do? i updated to newest Preware and now it keeps getting stuck by palm catalog on loading screen and i cant remove it. Manage feeds comes up blank
    I had the same issue and for some odd reason once I removed the iPhone User Agent patch in Web OS Quick Install it loaded for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeslieDaly View Post
    I need some advice. For various reasons I had to Doctor my Pre after the 1.4.1 upgrade (O2 Ireland). When I ran WebOS QI for the first time and went to (menu) Tools...Tweaks, a message came up saying

"Tweaking requires GNU patch and lsdiff installed and they are missing, would you like to install them?" or similar words.

I've clicked OK but nothing seems to happen and the message is repeated every time I go to Tweaks. I'v reset the Pre (soft) and closed down Web OS QI and this still happens.

Has anyone any ideas? I'd really appreciate a response. I had some favourite tweaks before 1.4.1 and I really miss them!

Thanks,
    Yeah. I think u have to install the two files manually. I had the same problem. Search the Pre forums for lsdiff and somewhere in there you'll find the directions to install those files using your quickinstall. Good luck.

ET
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    any harm in running a webos doctor 1.2?

there are a few patches that are not removing appropriately. i was planning on doing a ##DATA# reset, ##RESET# reset, webosdoctoring to 1.2, then doctoring again back up to 1.4.1.1 just so i'm working with a level playing field.

thoughts?

erm...i mean a ##RTN# reset, then a ##DATA# reset. sorry
    I removed my Theme,
    Made sure all my other Apps and patches where up to date
    Then installed the 1.4.1 update (Bell)
    All my patches seamed that they where not working
    Then re-ran Preware and It said that all my patches had updates
    So I did an update all.

And every thing worked fine after the reboot
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    i didn't remove my patches, just updated them...no theme and i did uninstall the 800 OC patch.

upgrade to 1.4.1.1
    couldn't uninstall the multi-mod
    webdoctor 1.4.1.1

seemed like it fixed everything so i started updating my apps and taking a look at which patches were dummies and which were listed as compatible. preware/pkgsrvce had to be reinstalled from WOSQI.

put the 800mhz patch back on
    installed uberscaler
    verified speed in command-line.

this is where curiosity killed the cat:

installed device menu megamix (via WOSQI)
    didn't really need megamix, wanted: remix, battery line/temp, media volume
    uninstalled megamix (via WOSQI)
    installed temperature in device menu (via WOSQI .patch)
    installed media volume in device menu (vis PW)
    go to install remix and get a script error (through both WOSQI and PW)

then couldn't uninstall media volume either. also my pre has been patched and repatched and i figured a fresh start wasn't a terrible idea. i did start having this, recurring issue though:

basically after connecting as "charge only" (for WOSQI), the device became unresponsive. sliding the keyboard, taking it off the touchstone didn't do anything. pressing the power button turned the display on but there was no lock circle and everything was about two notification spaces too high (only thing visible was the usb/charge mode and two "phantom notifications" that were black bars that shifted the charge/usb one up higher than normal. it would only respond to an orange + symbol + R, or a luna restart. it was odd because it happened when i would be just looking at device management and not actively sending files too

wasn't aware of the issue with WOSDr > 1.2 until i read a bit more about it. this is what i did:

webosrepair (fixed a fair amount of things but froze up)
    full erase
    ##DATA# erase
    webosdoctor 1.1
    webosdoctor 1.4.1.1

i didn't log in to any of my accounts (FB, google, exchange) when it asked me. this probably saved me a good chunk of time since it would just go crazy bringing in all the contacts. i also had to jump on top of the app catalog to tell it to stop updating. when it wasn't trying to download apps/contacts it was reasonably fast, but 500mhz sucks after seeing the device with 800.

loaded preware/pkgsrvce (via WOSQI)
    added all my patches through preware this time
    800 OC patch

smooth sailing so far. no issue with disconnecting from the PC like before. i'm staying way from those device menu patches for now though. also, oddly enough. when i got back into 1.4.1.1, i had 5 launcher pages still...but no ability to add/remove them since i didn't have that patch applied yet

sorry, didn't realize this was like 12 miles long till just now
    How about mytether, any problems?

I know I could look in that thread, but while I was here I thought I'd ask.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    take a look in here. i got it to work with both sets of instructions. the trouble i'm having with vista specifically i think is b/c i'm only local admin...still have to look into it a bit more.

HOW TO: Install Mobile Hotspot on a 1.4.1.1 Sprint Pre
    Last edited by dohcrx; 04/04/2010 at 04:28 PM. Reason: can't spell
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Cannot get these patches to uninstall:

Hide Nascar
    Hide NFL
    Hide Sprint TV
    Battery Percent

Error uninstalling: org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-battery-percent-and-icon
    Error uninstalling: org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-hide-nascar-app
    Error uninstalling: org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-hide-nfl-app
    Error uninstalling: org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-hide-sprinttv-app

When I try to uninstall them through Device Management I get the same errors and it restarts the phone.

EDIT: Have a Sprint Pre and cannot run the EPR.
    Last edited by r-nice; 04/04/2010 at 06:33 PM.
    thanks! your the best!
    thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by dohcrx View Post
    take a look in here. i got it to work with both sets of instructions. the trouble i'm having with vista specifically i think is b/c i'm only local admin...still have to look into it a bit more.

HOW TO: Install Mobile Hotspot on a 1.4.1.1 Sprint Pre
    I actual bought teh program "my tether." I ran it anyways and have yet to try it.... I'll keep fingers crossed.
    I've just processed all the outstanding patch update submissions on the webos-patches submission portal.

So if a patch is still not updated yet, please contact the patch author and ask them nicely how you can help them to update it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I just downloaded the latest updates for the "Hide" patches Amazon MP3, NFL, Nascar and they still don't work anyone know if the creators have been made aware yet?
    The only ones I've got missing now are:
    ~ Character Counter( in messaging).
    ~ Enable Landscape in Messaging.

I'll try and contact those involved
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    I second that I tried the updates as well and yes they are not working yet.
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I installed the message signature patch today, did a luna restart. No changes. I unstalled and re-installed (luna restart after each). still nothing. any ideas? This would be so great to have, I have really missed this since I got my pre. Is it working for you?
    It seems that the temporary build machine that we put in place to build the updates while the normal autobuilder is offline with a broken motherboard did not have lsdiff installed, and was possibly building incorrect packages.

I've corrected that omission in the build environment, and have regenerated all patches as a precaution. They are now in the feed. Please test and report.

This should only have affected patches that were updated in the last couple of days.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It seems that the temporary build machine that we put in place to build the updates while the normal autobuilder is offline with a broken motherboard did not have lsdiff installed, and was possibly building incorrect packages.

I've corrected that omission in the build environment, and have regenerated all patches as a precaution. They are now in the feed. Please test and report.

This should only have affected patches that were updated in the last couple of days.

-- Rod
    So I installed the new patches this morning and they did nothing I read this posting by Rod, deleted all the new patches restarted Luna reinstalled the new patches, restarted Luna and still no changes. Below are the patches I am working with.

Messaging Signature,
    Additional contact names
    Disable Abandoned Forwards in New Message
    Hide Amazon MP#
    Hide Nascar
    New Event Icons and Shortcuts
    No raft Text

Did I do something wrong or is this not functioning properly?
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

Please advice. I did not get a 1.4.1.1 update warning prior to updating OTA last night on my palm pre (sprint). So I did not get a chance to remove the 23 patches I use. I updated all the patches this morning over preware, did a luna restart and no patch works... did a orange + sym + R restart and still patches are not working.. any advice. all patches have been updated and now say V1.4.1-1 ... patchees I'm using are
    5x4 icons v2, actual words instead of icons, add date mm/dd, all-day events in month view, audio/video attachments, battery icon as percentage, capture with volume keys, change # of bookmarks, charging alert vibrate only, confirm delete, enable add/delete pages, enable ladscape email, enter key for new line, mega mix, and a few others...