Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    I just doctored to 1.4.1 on sprint. None of my calendar items were appearing even though I forced a sync and I was on "all". Then I choose my google calendar and they all appeared. When I returned to "all" they stayed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    This is VERY VERY disappointing to hear.
    As far as I'm concerned this was the most serious bug
    in 1.4 so to hear that it's not fixed in 1.4.1.x is very bad news.
    The problem is when the background phone/email/messaging apps die off
    randomly then you simply can't receive calls, email, sms..
    Makes it pretty worthless as a communication device.
    In 1.4 there was no rhyme or reason to when they'd die. It'd be fine
    for a day or two, then they'd disappear every few hours and then
    be fine again.

ian
    i think I got the issue fixed but I will need more time to report on this... somehow I had installed "temperature warning patch" after I uninstalled it I had no longer this issue.... and my pre is patches freee :P

now the question is how this patch got in there... or i missed it during removing patches before 1.4.1.1
    not sure if mentioned, but communicator still isn't working when connecting via 802.1x.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Is the "Universal Search" not working on anyone else's Pre? This used to be one of the main things I loved about the phone. Just start typing and the Pre would start looking for what you wanted. It's gone now after the update. I've restarted my phone about 6 times now and uninstalled all my patches....still not working!
    Is the "Universal Search" not working on anyone else's Pre? This used to be one of the main things I loved about the phone. Just start typing and the Pre would start looking for what you wanted. It's gone now after the update. I've restarted my phone about 6 times now and uninstalled all my patches....still not working!

I'm haveing this same problem.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by en0x View Post
    i think I got the issue fixed but I will need more time to report on this... somehow I had installed "temperature warning patch" after I uninstalled it I had no longer this issue.... and my pre is patches freee :P

now the question is how this patch got in there... or i missed it during removing patches before 1.4.1.1
    I've had this problem ever since 1.4 and I never had that patch.
    For me the problem occurs totally randomly so it's not like I can make
    a change and know immediately if the problem is gone. It can take
    hours, or even a couple days before the background apps die again.
    I've seen many people report the symptoms (freezing phone app on
    launch, or email jumps to first time use screen, or simply missed
    calls and messages) but most people don't realize that they're all
    caused by the same thing, the background apps dying by themselves.

If you had temperature warning patch I assume you had 800Mhz kernel patch before.
    Did you by any chance install the 800Mhz patch over 1.4.1? If so, you've reverted your
    linux kernel back to 1.4 which would certainly explain why a 1.4 app crashing
    bug could return.

ian
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by calebjwhite View Post

I'm haveing this same problem.
    Anyone not having this problem? I'm holding off installing 1.4.1x until
    I hear more on this. I use US to launch *everything*. I don't use
    the app launcher at all really. I will say this. The US has always failed
    to respond the first time you get to the desktop following a reboot.
    It generally works normally once any app is launched and closed, and any
    time there are cardified apps.

ian
    Is it even worth updating to 1.4.1 ? It seems like more trouble than its worth.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmadison View Post
    I tried to enter a new contact into my Pre this morning, and it absolutely refuses to save. Tried everything - changing name, rebooting, you name it. No luck. I did manage to get the contact in by adding them to my outlook and syncing with exchange, but I'm wondering if anyone else is having problems saving contacts?
    Check your default account for your contacts.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Anyone not having this problem? I'm holding off installing 1.4.1x until
    I hear more on this. I use US to launch *everything*. I don't use
    the app launcher at all really. I will say this. The US has always failed
    to respond the first time you get to the desktop following a reboot.
    It generally works normally once any app is launched and closed, and any
    time there are cardified apps.

ian
    I have a Sprint Pre with 1.4.1.1, and my universal search works perfectly.

For those who don't have it: what happens when you type? Nothing at all? Do phone numbers work? Can you search inside the apps (like Phone or Contacts)?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChilinMichael View Post
    Here's a suggestion to Palm: If you don't want to go bankrupt, start with actually TESTING your software before you release it. This is such a ****pile it's incredible. You fixed maybe HALF of what people complained about, ignored others...hell...my PM's back and forth on Palm's own website eventually ended with NO ANSWER after I sent a detailed log for my wifi issues. GREAT JOB. I'm seriously considering dumping this phone, and i'm one of those guys that runs around "look at what it can do" to everyone...now i'm gonna be the guy "look where palm can shove it".
    Yessir, I'm sure that's exactly what they do. Release the updates with 0 testing. Surely though, instead of getting nasty with them, you can offer them your services as a test. Someone with obvious abilities and knowledge would be an amazing asset to them. I mean, look at the contributions you've made on this forum to issues related here.

Ok, Ok, maybe not...
    There are several things here that I can not reproduce.

1. Can't add contacts
    2. Universal search not working.

If you are having either of the above two issues, what troubleshooting have you done to try to resolve the issue?
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChilinMichael View Post
    Here's a suggestion to Palm: If you don't want to go bankrupt, start with actually TESTING your software before you release it. This is such a ****pile it's incredible. You fixed maybe HALF of what people complained about, ignored others...hell...my PM's back and forth on Palm's own website eventually ended with NO ANSWER after I sent a detailed log for my wifi issues. GREAT JOB. I'm seriously considering dumping this phone, and i'm one of those guys that runs around "look at what it can do" to everyone...now i'm gonna be the guy "look where palm can shove it".
    There is several testing that goes on with the devices. Although all internal and I can't see I ever see that changing. You can never expect any software to be launched without bugs, sure we have had our handful of bugs that have been plaguing several users, but I think a wide majority of bugs are not affecting every user. This makes testing for every possible issue to be nearly impossible.

If you could only see the list of stuff that is caught before an update is launched I think there would be more appreciation for the smaller amount of bugs that are still in the final version.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by esoneill View Post
    I have a Sprint Pre with 1.4.1.1, and my universal search works perfectly.

For those who don't have it: what happens when you type? Nothing at all? Do phone numbers work? Can you search inside the apps (like Phone or Contacts)?
    The drop down box just doesn't drop or search. If you look close at the pic of the double line it looks like the drop box is hanging up. You can tap the search and the Google, Google Maps, Wikipedia, and Twitter show up. It isn't searching my contacts or other files though. This is BS!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fastamx79 View Post
    I have not had any luna crashes (yet) but I have noticed that my battery life has gotten MUCH worse than 1.4!!

I am up to 11%/hr drain. Keep in mind this is in a poor signal area (at work), but even prior to 1.4 I was pulling 4-6%/hr drain in a poor signal area.

Not too sure what the drain would be in a good signal area, and won't know until tonight when I get home and monitor it.
    Ok so I downloaded the 1.4.1.1 update this morning at 11:30am PST. Battery life when downloaded was 85%. 2 hours later I am at 35%. This increase in drain has no correlation to increase in my usage during this time, all I did was check a couple of web pages, go into app catalog and open the camera. This new update is defenitely faster and more responsive than 1.4, but the battery drain so far appears to be significantly greater. Not happy right now.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I want to download apps from Germany. They get ours but we don't get theirs? sup with dat?
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    My Universial Search is no longer working either
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeler View Post
    Is the "Universal Search" not working on anyone else's Pre?
    Works fine here on Sprint 1.4.1.1.
    Do I have to uninstall the 720MHz kernel if I'm webos doctoring the phone? Or will it doctor that too?
    -- Alexis Segura

**Check out my theme Suave on Prethemer.com**
    Quote Originally Posted by niknag View Post
    Ok so I downloaded the 1.4.1.1 update this morning at 11:30am PST. Battery life when downloaded was 85%. 2 hours later I am at 35%. This increase in drain has no correlation to increase in my usage during this time, all I did was check a couple of web pages, go into app catalog and open the camera. This new update is defenitely faster and more responsive than 1.4, but the battery drain so far appears to be significantly greater. Not happy right now.
    Glad I am not the only one.. I have sent 2 txt messages, and had a call come in that never rang, and other than that my phone has been idle, and watching battery monitor it is averaging 10-14%/hr drain.

This is just not cool. I'm going to buy a 'jump pack' with a car charger and just keep my phone plugged into that.
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast