Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 18 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bwolfe90 View Post
    I lost both of my blue tooth devices after the update. Anyone else have this issue?
    Please note that after restarting my phone, after the update restart, that my bluetooth devices re-appeared.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    My battery drains so quickly now i can barely get 5 hours now idk whats wrong it started with 1.4 when i installed the battery as percent patch now my battery drains so rapidly!!!
    I'd like to know what kind of testing is actually done before releasing an update, does a local tech try it on his 1 Pre and say "good to go"? I'm almost starting to think this is the case...
    +1 on the battery drain. It's as bad, if not worse, as when I used the 800MHz patch (which, yes, I've verified is uninstalled). This is *not* good guys.

The phone app hangs a bunch. This last time I started phone and waited for it for 30 seconds, then had to swipe the card.

As well, I've also had 3 different Luna restarts as well as that touchscreen not responding issue I reported earlier in the thread. This update is looking like a downgrade.
    This topic actually belongs in the "web OS Development" forum, so I hate to perpetuate it, but...

I have found Frank Zammetti's "Practical Palm Pre webOS Projects" extremely helpful. Also, you mention that you are familiar with HTML and CSS. If you don't have a good grasp of JavaScript, it will be very difficult to get a handle on developing for WebOS.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I agree with the battery drain.

It became worse with 1.4 and now it's even worse. I'm barely halfway through the day and my Pre is down to 15% from 100% this morning. I have barely used it: one 2-minute phone call plus checking time, etc.

I have turned off GPS, WiFi, my 3G connection is decent. No homebrew or patches of any kind. Does anyone know of any solution to this problem?

I would consider getting the 1350 Innocell battery, but that probably wouldn't get me through the day, either.

- david
    What exactly is the difference between 1.4.1 an 1.4.1.1 ?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by en0x View Post
    hmm I just got phone app and email app killed by webos...

jstop didn't show them running...

So wen I tried to start phone app it was taking a while... so i swiped id up and tried to launch it again with success... the same thing with email app...

when I tapped it it showed me a screen if I want to add new email acounts so I tapped ok and it was all fine

Sprint Palm pre 1.4.1.1
    Previous version 1.4.0
    OTA update

no patches
    So glad I'm not alone with this one (sorry!)
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    What exactly is the difference between 1.4.1 an 1.4.1.1 ?
    As of webOS 1.4.1.1, apps will have 60 seconds to perform background operations in "headless" mode (with no stages open). In webOS 1.4.1, the limit remains 15 seconds, as it was in 1.4.0.

Sprint Football Live
    The app previously named NFL is now named Sprint Football Live.

Contacts
    If you crop a picture before adding it to a contact, the picture appears cropped correctly in the contact entry.
    Here is another issue to add to the list.. (Pre on Sprint)

My wife tried to call me, phone never rang and I got a missed call alert a few minutes after the fact. I had this a few times in 1.4.0 so I was hoping this would be fixed.

I am sooo ready to go back to 1.3.5 (or my V950)
    Just installed 1.4.1 on my Bell Pre, and noticed that now the time is wrong. it says 12:06 and not 11:06. I almost drove to work early :S
    Here's a suggestion to Palm: If you don't want to go bankrupt, start with actually TESTING your software before you release it. This is such a ****pile it's incredible. You fixed maybe HALF of what people complained about, ignored others...hell...my PM's back and forth on Palm's own website eventually ended with NO ANSWER after I sent a detailed log for my wifi issues. GREAT JOB. I'm seriously considering dumping this phone, and i'm one of those guys that runs around "look at what it can do" to everyone...now i'm gonna be the guy "look where palm can shove it".
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I'm usually pretty laid back about the problems with upgrades, and I'm a huge Palm evangelist, but even I'm really ticked that I can't add new contacts. I mean...how the heck do you manage to break that??
    Palm: We fix one thing, break 10 others.
    Since I've updated my phone, I have just become more frustrated with it. It now lags and makes long pauses whenever I want to do ANYTHING. Google maps is the worst I think. The app icon appears on the center of the screen and flashes over a gray background for several seconds before starting the app.
    All the applications now take several seconds to start. Its very frustrating. I am considering taking my phone back and just getting rid of it all together, the functionality is great, but I am about to return my phone for a THIRD time because the external speaker keeps failing and also now the earpiece speaker suddenly has terrible sound quality.
    Also noticing the battery drain issue.
    I have the Siedo extended life battery and I didn't make it from 9AM to 1 PM today. Around 1 PM my battery died. Before I can last 12+ hours. This is really bad.
    this is probably the BEST update from Palm since launch...something must be up with you Guys' phones...

only thing that I agree with is: deleting email from the PC does not delete notification on the Pre as mentioned in page 7 of this thread.

-addin contacts is no issue for me
    -battery life seems to be same as 1.4 on my 2600 seidio

all in all, very happy with 1.4.1

have you guys deleted all patches and reinstalled?
    Multi Mod patch for browser hasn't updated. It keeps saying previous error. I'm not sure why but it's irritating me. And my phone shuts off a lot now. And idk why. I'm getting ****ed.
    Does anyone have webOS Doctor 1.2 or something? I want to start fresh! Please email me a place to download it, webos-internals links are broken. Haha. segura.alexis@gmail.com
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by en0x View Post
    hmm I just got phone app and email app killed by webos...

jstop didn't show them running...

So wen I tried to start phone app it was taking a while... so i swiped id up and tried to launch it again with success... the same thing with email app...

when I tapped it it showed me a screen if I want to add new email acounts so I tapped ok and it was all fine
    This is VERY VERY disappointing to hear.
    As far as I'm concerned this was the most serious bug
    in 1.4 so to hear that it's not fixed in 1.4.1.x is very bad news.
    The problem is when the background phone/email/messaging apps die off
    randomly then you simply can't receive calls, email, sms..
    Makes it pretty worthless as a communication device.
    In 1.4 there was no rhyme or reason to when they'd die. It'd be fine
    for a day or two, then they'd disappear every few hours and then
    be fine again.

ian
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 18 ... LastLast