Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RickNY View Post
    Still experiencing this IMAP notifications bug which has existed since 1.3.5. This is a Palm Pre on Sprint. Basically notifications do not clear if an email message is marked as read by another client (Outlook, etc):

1. Reproducibility: 100%
    2. Exact steps to replicate:

- Add IMAP account to phone (in my case, I am using Fastmail.fm account)
    - Under account settings, 'Show Icon' is ON, Alert is 'Mute'
    - 'Get Email' is set to 'As items arrive' (IMAP IDLE does work for receiving new mail)
    - Send a test message to email account. Notification appears almost instantly on phone
    - Leave notification on phone
    - Go to email client (In my case Outlook 2007) - read message. On versions of WebOS prior to 1.3.5 reading the message would cause the notification to disappear almost instantly
    - Since version 1.3.5, notification remains until you open the Email application, then it clears just from opening the app

3. Previous WebOS version: 1.4.0 -- update via WiFi to 1.4.1.1 (Sprint)
    4. Patches installed on device:
    - 4x4 Icons v3
    - Call Duration in Call Log
    - Charging Alert Vibrate Only
    - Disable Various Phone Sounds
    - Enable Dialpad Vibration
    - Timestamps Builtin

This bug is very annoying -- I've had to turn notifications off for email because they don't go away on their own.

Thanks,
    Rick
    We understand that the release of webOS 1.4.1 has not resolved your issue. We have passed this info along to our Engineering team for investigation. We typically use an over-the-air software update mechanism to roll-out software updates to our devices, such as the webOS 1.4.1 update you recently received. This may include an update to address this issue in the future. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Just ran wosqi 3.0 installed battery as percent then all other patches started working.
    Last edited by JMack817; 04/01/2010 at 11:29 AM. Reason: stoopid fingers
    The random reboot issue was an issue we have identified beginning with 1.4.0. We understand that the release of webOS 1.4.1 has not resolved your issue. We have passed this info along to our Engineering team for investigation. We typically use an over-the-air software update mechanism to roll-out software updates to our devices, such as the webOS 1.4.1 update you recently received. This may include an update to address this issue in the future. We apologize for the inconvenience
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I tried to enter a new contact into my Pre this morning, and it absolutely refuses to save. Tried everything - changing name, rebooting, you name it. No luck. I did manage to get the contact in by adding them to my outlook and syncing with exchange, but I'm wondering if anyone else is having problems saving contacts?
    sooo I have no email, no blinking lights, no screen lock, no alerts of text/email, no instant messaging (that hasnt worked on either of the 2 PREs ive had now) and who knows what I havent found yet ....

*sighs* it becomes more a hate/hate relationship everyday ... im almost done with the pre
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I lost both of my blue tooth devices after the update. Anyone else have this issue?
  7. Evansgw
    Downloaded 1.4.1.1 last night, Preware wouldn't work. Woke up this morning and it works. Got all my patches reinstalled and very happy again. Don't know if it was the Dev Team that worked on it over night, but if they did... thanks guys, really appreciate your dedication.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pixielee View Post
    sooo I have no email, no blinking lights, no screen lock, no alerts of text/email, no instant messaging (that hasnt worked on either of the 2 PREs ive had now) and who knows what I havent found yet ....

*sighs* it becomes more a hate/hate relationship everyday ... im almost done with the pre
    do you have patches and preware installed?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    ~2 hours after update got my first luna restart for no reason.

Picked up the phone...hit the sleep/wake button to wake it up...no response...open the slider...no response...about 15 seconds later I see the home screen then instantly it goes down for a restart.

I look forward to multiple random restarts

Didnt have this problem @800mhz
    Yahoo! Mobile lost all formatting and I can not add new contacts. Woe is me!
    McMadison, same issue here.
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    Which means (if I have indurstood how the patch works) that you are now running a patched 1.4 kernel on a 1.4.1.1 system. Any fixes palm put into the kernel will be missing and the chances that it will just crash at some point are pretty high.
    Well if the 800mhz patch is installed on my phone with 1.4.1.1 and it still has caused me not one issue besides engadget I think it is safe to keep the patch on until the next system update...
    Here's a good one, fix lock screen? I think not. I've already had the background stay on and the lock icon show. (No time)

Good job guys.
    My Pre keeps shutting off. Started the minute I did the update.

Have had to take out the battery twice now to fire it back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pre1 View Post
    Busted engadget app, wont load. anyone else?
    same problem here it won't load any fixes?
    - Unlocked GSM QWERTZ Palm Pre
    - Clean install v1.4.1 via WebOS Doctor
    - Unofficial carrier/country (has carrier settings in db, 3G by default)
    - No free apps in App Catalog (still not supported) ):
    - Still random Luna restart if developer mode is on
    - No Proxy settings in WiFi preferences.

1.4.1 is nothing change for me...
    Last edited by cryptooth; 04/01/2010 at 01:15 PM.
    Palm Prē + Touchstone + iGrip PerfektFit...
    Hi!

My report:

Palm Pre (German) 1.4.1 with Vodafone Spain Simcard.

- No audio in calls: I can call and receive calls, and the Pre rings, but I'm not hearing anything during a call and the remote caller can't hear me. The messaging options are working fine (SMS)

- The battery is draining much more than with 1.4.0

- Display doesn't shut off in calls (the proximity sensor is working)

- All patches are gone

- No Luna restarts (atm...........)

Previous WebOS version: 1.4.0

Patches installed on device:

- 4x4 Icons
    - Call duration

Regards
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Just had a luna restart.... Probably going to doctor soon.....
    For the record, I haven't had any issues with 1.4.1.1 yet. My use has been fairly light though, so that may be why.

I'm wondering if people having problems have patches installed. Also, the problem where the lock screen becomes transparent only seems to ever happen after I've launched PreWare in a session. I wonder if there's a bug in Preware that's causing this.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Sprint 1.4.1.1 and my Pre screen keeps turning on then off, on then off, on and then off intermittenly!
    Is this a bug or hardware issue?
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast