Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Anyone else on Sprint having a problem with the update validating? Mine downloads and unpacks 1.4.1.1 but then completes the validation and tells me it failed! ***?
    I've already indicated this in another thread, realizing now that I should have posted it here. My current issue is not having any sound with video playback. In fact, I don't even get the swish sound when I swipe a card away. The other problem I'm having is trying to download app catalog updates. Come on Palm, get the bugs out before you release an OS update.
    O btw incase this has not been posted. I uninstalled the 800mhz patch before installing 1.4.1.1 Then once I had 1.4.1.1 I was like crap this is slow! So I just took a chance and reinstalled the 800mhz patch with 1.4.1.1! It works flawless just like before besides engadget app not working lol. Anyways just letting you guys know you can reinstall with no issues and no worries. I really do not think we have to wait for a OFFICIAL word from the patch maker because it is perfect still!
    First post here, hello all. My 1.4.1.1 install went great with nary a problem (I have a garden variety Pixi, no patches or anything - before anyone asks, there is not even any mention of the new WEB OS update in the Pixi section, that's why I'm here). The problem came when I hooked my Pixi to my pc. It installed every driver except the Novastor (?) driver. Why is this? And what can I do? Thanks for any help.
    Quote Originally Posted by jboucicaut View Post
    When I press the power button, the unlock button comes up but no clock/background - basically I see my cards.

I had that problem back in 1.3.5.1 and was eliminated in 1.4. Restarting phone to see if it is fixed.
    I got the same issue, I'm on O2 1.4
    Having some trouble updating some patches with AUPT. Getting a lot of that IPKG Error: GenericMethodException.....any fixes?
    Quote Originally Posted by lightmagick View Post
    Yup on the latest version, restarted about 5 times, going to delete restart and readd the app now.

use WEBOS repair utility on your clean pre(no themes, no patches)
    it will fix corrupted pre files and fix any ipkg problems.
    you'll have to use it with the webos doctor version thats currently on your phone.

webos repair utility here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...y-v2-01-a.html
    RyentheLion... preparation + opportunity = SUCCESS
    >> THE LIONS WEB <<
    Update on the app catalog: don't know if this is what's happening to everybody, but if I go to Recent Apps (What's New), everything from "Altitude" up is showing the error. Below that seems to be fine.
    Yup looks like Altitude is where it starts for me too
    i see everything over here on my 1.4.1 over the air update...

all is working fine,a nd I can see pass altitude..
    I also still have spontaneous Luna restarts!! This is very annoying, my (German GSM) Pre's usability is down by over 50%..

@HardBeatZ

The problem is I can't reproduce it, but you really have to look into that, it's a serious problem. It happens with or without Patches.
    Usually, right before a restart, all open cards disappear (get closed). When I open the mail application again right after open cards disappear, I have to reaffirm my GMail account. It doesn't take long then and Luna resets itself.

On my touchstone, right before the restart I also had the lock screen issue: I saw the normal unlocked content, but had the yellow lock symbol without the black background and clock.

1.4.1 OTA update last night, prior version 1.4.
    IPK FETCHER <-> An attempt against geo-filtering
    To the people with corrupt patches that are unable to be removed or updated using preware or WOSQI 3.02 (whatever the latest is)... the key is to use WOSQI version 2.96 to manually remove the problem patch(es) and although it will give you an error, the patch will successfully remove and then you can install it using WOSQI (the latest one) or using preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrasherx2k1 View Post
    O btw incase this has not been posted. I uninstalled the 800mhz patch before installing 1.4.1.1 Then once I had 1.4.1.1 I was like crap this is slow! So I just took a chance and reinstalled the 800mhz patch with 1.4.1.1! It works flawless just like before besides engadget app not working lol. Anyways just letting you guys know you can reinstall with no issues and no worries. I really do not think we have to wait for a OFFICIAL word from the patch maker because it is perfect still!
    Which means (if I have indurstood how the patch works) that you are now running a patched 1.4 kernel on a 1.4.1.1 system. Any fixes palm put into the kernel will be missing and the chances that it will just crash at some point are pretty high.
    All my Preware Patches are gone after the update. What happen?
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by messiah143 View Post
    All my Preware Patches are gone after the update. What happen?
    Did you go to Preware and install package updates afterwards?
    I posted an issue in the Preware thread here: App Catalog Updates not showing in Preware

Official App Catalog and Web App updates are currently not showing up for me within preware...

Update: non-issue. See @rwhitby's response here.
    Last edited by coveredwagonkid; 04/01/2010 at 08:37 AM.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rswaypre View Post
    Not even sure if this is a real problem, but yahoo mail's formatting looks kind of funny in the web browser, well at least on my phone. Can someone else check.

Nevermind, I guess someone else is having the same results.

*sigh*

Chase Mobile (http://www.chase.mobi) is kind of working again, but now Palm breaks Yahoo Mobile for us.

Palm must REALLY like fixing one problem and creating others. I'm sorry if I sound frustrated, but I've been loyal and patient with Palm on this OS, but they are losing it fast.

Deep breath... Counting to 10.
    Quote Originally Posted by yepyep123 View Post
    i'm still having the problem where I put my phone on the touchscreen and the lock icon comes up at the bottom, but the lock screen background doesn't come up....the 1.4.1.1 release notes state this was fixed but it's not.

that's the most disturbing part, that they think it's fixed.....what else am I going to run into today?
    that usually happens when preware is still open. Close preware &/or make sure develop mode is off & it should solve the problem.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yepyep123 View Post
    i'm still having the problem where I put my phone on the touchscreen and the lock icon comes up at the bottom, but the lock screen background doesn't come up....the 1.4.1.1 release notes state this was fixed but it's not.

that's the most disturbing part, that they think it's fixed.....what else am I going to run into today?
    Yep, I ran into that this morning and a few freeze-n-reboot's too...this phone is seriously testing my patience and I'm ready to throw it against a wall.

1.4.1(.1) - now with more bugs!
    In addition to the Engadget app not loading, Timepiece does the same thing. So no alarm this morning! Fortunately I took the day off. Both these apps are full screen (at least initially). I wonder if that has something to do with it.
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast