Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    So I hit the power/unlock button to get it to come back up and it restarted on me. ;/
    I started getting that behaviour with 1.4, and it didn't take many minutes (~15) of (ab)use before the first "Lock'n Restart" happened with 1.4.1.
    Before i do the 1.4.1.1 update , do i post to remove my 800Mhz overclocking patch?
    I have only one issue. After every update it is just a pain in the **** to put everything back the way it was. The phone is like a child. Always instructing the same thing over and over.. I guess in the end it is worth it though. In both cases.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Still have the luna restart problem after 1.4.1.1. I had Preware and App Catalog open at the same time. Screen went blank. I hit the power button, and it went right into restart. Didn't Palm listen to the issues and try to fix this problem. I has been reported for a while. You would think they would fix this error. Oh ,well, 1.4.2, here we come hopefully with a few more fixes for my Sprint Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by yungblu904 View Post
    Before i do the 1.4.1.1 update , do i post to remove my 800Mhz overclocking patch?

Yes. Remove all overclocking patches before updating. This has been addressed before, please look around before asking such questions in the future...it's been posted in at least 5 places.
    Quote Originally Posted by jboucicaut View Post
    When I press the power button, the unlock button comes up but no clock/background - basically I see my cards.

I had that problem back in 1.3.5.1 and was eliminated in 1.4. Restarting phone to see if it is fixed.
    It happens to me on 1.4.0, only seems to happen when I'm running GPS background apps like gpsDashboard, SmartRunner, or Mapping Tool. I actually liked it, I was able to see my jogging stats briefly by just pushing the power button .
    A few things to note if you are reporting webOS bugs to help us try to identify what is going on.

1. Reproducibility - (e.g. 50%)
    2. Exact Steps to replicate (if necessary)
    3. Previous webOS version and if you update OTA or via doctor
    4. Patches that are installed on the device
    - Often Palm does not point the finger at a patch being the cause of a problem, however it is good background info for us to know about when we start diagnosing an issue.

Also we often like to collect log files from devices, this gives us insight as to what actions the device is doing when it has this "problem." Most communication to attempt to capture this data is done via private messenger.

If you are experiencing an issue that you believe is a bug, then be prepared to provide the above information. Also be prepared to also be in contact with myself to hopefully collect log files for the issue.

Before this list grows to 90+ pages I would also like to state that although Palm tries to identify every issue that is brought up in forums it is often impossible to keep up with 100's of new threads a day. If you are experiencing a bug and you do not see a response from myself you are always welcome to contact me directly through private messenger.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    All seems to have gone well. i opened Preware to update patches...all but 1 was re-Installed...guess its not ready yet.
    The Apps seem to open faster now....camera opens faster...phone opens faster.....No complaints here or other Issues.
    Good luck to all !
    everything seems to be in decent working order now...just took some time. Even opened 10 different cards at once on my Pixi...and things worked great...woo hoo!!!
    I got IPKG errors on these patches during an "Update All" in preware:

messages character counter
    video player edit any videos metadata
    messages enter key for new line
    browser gesture click context menu
    video player improved edited video filenames
    smily faces in symbol box

Had to remove them and then restart updating after every error

Also, I don't know if anyone else is expreiencing this, but 3 times now since I've updated (which has been about 20 minutes) the screen is just completely unresponsive. I can touch the gesture area, toolbar and main screen nothing happens at all. The button works, but that's it. I can't reproduce it yet, but this is kind of scary. :/

EDIT:
    After a restart and a new trip to Preware, I still can't install these:
    messages character counter
    video player edit any videos metadata
    video player improved edited video filenames
    browser gesture click context menu
    mojo smily faces in symbol box
    Last edited by deafinoneear; 04/01/2010 at 12:01 AM.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Still experiencing this IMAP notifications bug which has existed since 1.3.5. This is a Palm Pre on Sprint. Basically notifications do not clear if an email message is marked as read by another client (Outlook, etc):

1. Reproducibility: 100%
    2. Exact steps to replicate:

- Add IMAP account to phone (in my case, I am using Fastmail.fm account)
    - Under account settings, 'Show Icon' is ON, Alert is 'Mute'
    - 'Get Email' is set to 'As items arrive' (IMAP IDLE does work for receiving new mail)
    - Send a test message to email account. Notification appears almost instantly on phone
    - Leave notification on phone
    - Go to email client (In my case Outlook 2007) - read message. On versions of WebOS prior to 1.3.5 reading the message would cause the notification to disappear almost instantly
    - Since version 1.3.5, notification remains until you open the Email application, then it clears just from opening the app

3. Previous WebOS version: 1.4.0 -- update via WiFi to 1.4.1.1 (Sprint)
    4. Patches installed on device:
    - 4x4 Icons v3
    - Call Duration in Call Log
    - Charging Alert Vibrate Only
    - Disable Various Phone Sounds
    - Enable Dialpad Vibration
    - Timestamps Builtin

This bug is very annoying -- I've had to turn notifications off for email because they don't go away on their own.

Thanks,
    Rick
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Maybe it's good that everyone goes a little while without patches to appreciate all of the hard work the Preware developers have put in to make our Pre's better fit our needs.
    Amen Brutha! As soon as the new updates finish and the phone restarts, some people expect the pathces to work instantly. We got to give the developers time to do what they do best. They do this stuff for free and I am sure they all got other jobs. I think I seen earlier, someone put.....Patience is a virtue. These guys haven't let us down yet and I don't think they will start now.
    Is there a book somewhere were you can learn to program for the Pre? I don't know any languages other than HTML and CSS, but if I knew Pre, I'd do some developing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    Is there a book somewhere were you can learn to program for the Pre? I don't know any languages other than HTML and CSS, but if I knew Pre, I'd do some developing.
    Try Mitch Allen's book Palm webOS
    Amazon.com: Palm webOS (9780596155254): Mitch Allen: Books
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

Ok anyone else have problems with Pandora radio not loading. Also I can't look at over half the apps in the app catalog it just says "This action could not be completed. Try again later."
    Quote Originally Posted by lightmagick View Post
    Ok anyone else have problems with Pandora radio not loading. Also I can't look at over half the apps in the app catalog it just says "This action could not be completed. Try again later."
    Just loaded mine now without any issues. Listening to some Ozzy Osbourne.

Have you tried restarting your device? Possibly removing / readding application.

Current version is 1.0.3. You are on the latest and greatest yes?
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Just loaded mine now without any issues. Listening to some Ozzy Osbourne.

Have you tried restarting your device? Possibly removing / readding application.

Current version is 1.0.3. You are on the latest and greatest yes?
    Yup on the latest version, restarted about 5 times, going to delete restart and readd the app now.
    Quote Originally Posted by lightmagick View Post
    Yup on the latest version, restarted about 5 times, going to delete restart and readd the app now.
    Yup delete and re-add worked a treat listening to The Offspring now. Still having problems with app catalog though. Anyone else having app catalog problems many of the apps come up with "The action could not be completed. Try again later." I just thought about it and if Pandora had come up with that message when I tried to re-add it I probably would have died. :P
    This issue remains from 1.4: can't open large images in the browser.

1. Reproducibility - 100%
    2. Exact Steps to replicate: Open the browser, go to a site with large images (>1MB?), and just a placeholder is displayed.
    3. Previous webOS version and if you update OTA or via doctor: Previous version, 1.4, updated OTA
    4. Patches that are installed on the device: None.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast