Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122 LastLast
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Sounds like your phone is stuck in headset jack mode.

Try inserting and removing a headset several times to release the pin and allow for normal sound transmission again.

--HardBeatZ
    Can this be put as a preference or something, or made into a toggle like the data toggle? I looked at the phone app code, and it seems like it'd take all of three lines of code to allow someone to manually override this. I had to take my phone back to Sprint to get it fixed because that didn't work. It has since happened several times, although it started to work again. It's just frustrating wondering if my phone is going to work properly.
    I've got an O2 UK GSM Pre.

Since 1.4.1 update (approx 15+ patches) I've seen a big improvement in battery life but unfortunately Luna restarts still a very definite issue.

Usually coincides with the arrival of a delayed SMS message, and also had the refusal to wake up (requiring battery removal) three times, i.e. I've left the room, come back, go to wake up phone, nothing, press power button, momentary display of something, then the Palm logo followed by the SMS notification playing as its rebooting.

I'm also using the 800Mhz patch, and maybe its just me but it seems to have made MORE improvement in the speed of the phone since 1.4.1 than it did with 1.4. Weird.
    That's funny, because ever since 1.4.1 my battery life has SUCKED, phenomenally...

And it's gotten EVEN worse ever since I updated Mobile Hotspot...now, if I run that app, and have the phone charging while plugged in the computer, the battery actually goes DOWN...

Could someone tell me if I'm getting mad at the wrong thing here?...it'd be nice to hear that charging from the computer doesn't charge the battery as efficiently as using the plug-in does...
    When i install 1.4.1.1 all my apps disappear. I have run osDoc twice now and retried installing the update with the same result. Please help.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    bluetooth now takes about a minute to turn on! 1.4.1.1 on sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by FleetwoodSho View Post
    That's funny, because ever since 1.4.1 my battery life has SUCKED, phenomenally...

This right here. My phone never had stellar battery life to begin with, I'd run it from about 6:30am and I'd be down to about 25% by the time I went to bed around 11pm or 12am. Now, I'm lucky to have 30% battery by the time I get off work at 5PM.

Also, not sure if it's patch related or not, but my Newsroom app has stopped working completely since the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdh18 View Post
    This just started today... Preware and my Pre tell me I have 7 apps to update...but when I try to update them nothing happen(whether I go thru thr Preware...or just the "Updates" icon)...is this common??Anyone else having this issue today??

BTW-I'm able to go online and I have my phone radio on

Thanks for any info
    I have the same issue as well. I specifically have Card Ace 1.1.4, Facebook 1.1.2, Free Apps Beta 0.9.991, Slacker Radio 1.0.1, installed from the App Catalog and have been "downloading" for over a week now. I also have Spades 1.0.3 that has paused "downloading" and I cannot get it to resume. But most mysteriously I have a blank app at the top of My Applications list that doesn't say what it is. When I tap it to find out info I get a triangle with an exclamation point icon and the words "The action could not be completed. Try again later."

I also have issues with patches but I won't bring them up here. I just figured that since all of the above apps were from the official app catalog that they would not be hanging up like this for so long.

I do have version 1.4.1.1 installed. What is going on? Anyone have an answer or workaround? Am I SOL and will have to use the doctor? Any help is appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdsn10 View Post
    Here are some new bugs I've noticed in the last 60 seconds (i jest) of using my stock 1.4.1.1 Palm Pre:

-With the slider open, using the messaging app, during a Google chat conversation, I had to press any key to keep the screen from going to sleep. If I failed to do that, when I pressed a key to wake the screen it would either not wake until I received a new message, or not wake for a discomforting, long time.
    -Signal bars in the device menu, for "EV" mode, are 4-5 when I look at my Pre, but as soon as I try to load a web page, or any other network-required program, the signal will drop to 2, 1 , 0 bars, or 1x, or roam mode. If it does drop out, the only way to bring it back, without not using the Pre for a while, is to cycle in and out of Airplane mode. I wonder if, either, there is a power drop off for the 3G modem when the cpu is requesting power. Or, maybe the initial strong signal I'm seeing is just reception, and when the phone begins to transmit to the tower, the signal isn't making there and back 100% of the time, indicating a drop in strength on the device menu. Who knows, just theories.

-Notification sounds randomly not playing, like everyone else.

-Here's a really tiny priority one, but I gotta mention it: when typing a text message in the messaging app, if an autocomplete occurs on the last character of a line, there is no carriage return until you continue typing. This has the effect of the autocompleted word seeming to disappear. example: "I think that u " , the u will be autocompleted to you, and sent to the next line, but the cursor focus wont unless you continue typing. A super tiny bug, but a bug nonetheless.

I'm a big fan of the logic of economics, and I'm amazed this phone has me abandoning that value. I've spent more time reporting bugs on this thing than it would take me to work to make enough money to cancel my contract and try something that works more often. I think it might be because I want a competitive market and I don't want to see Palm, one of the few, die. Even if Palm released a patch for ONE of these issues, I think my faith might live on. But it's very close to dying.
    I'm having the same issue with the characters disappearing on the next line. I had this issue prior to the 1.4.1 update. Stock Pre
    On my company's certificate-based WPA Enterprise WiFi network my credentials are not saved! That is VERY!! annoying. Everytime I get to work I have to reenter username/password. Had no problems with 1.4.0.O2 Germany Palm Pre.
    Even after reading all of these posts, I think I am the only one with a Pre that has a mind of it's own! Not only has my screen locked up MANY times each day ( some fixed by reboots, some by inserting the usb charger and then removing it quickly, some just "fixed themselves after a period of time) But now my phone has started pressing the phone or contacts icon on it's own and dialing the last person called. It's amazing. You can watch the screen be "pressed" and at random intervals. If the intervals are close enough together it hits the phone icon and then the dial button and calls the last person in the call log.

I took the phone to the Sprint store today and the McTechnician said he thought it was because I was opening the slider too quickly or closing it too quickly. "These phones are delicate and you have to be very careful when using them"..lol. Poor kid.

This is actually my second Pre in a month with a non-responsive touch screen problem. I just returned the old one last week and then this one started. It's a pain,but not the end of the world.

If this is the worst thing that happens to me today then I guess I have nothing to complain about..

My .02,

Chad
    I haven't had too many issues, but hopefully this is a simple question. I had installed a migration tool when the update b4 1.4 came out and it cleared up any problems I had with misbehaving apps\patches. This time with the jump from 1.4 to 1.4.1.1 many just disappeared rather than stopped working. Is this normal? I reinstalled them and its fine but it was weird.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FleetwoodSho View Post
    Could someone tell me if I'm getting mad at the wrong thing here?...it'd be nice to hear that charging from the computer doesn't charge the battery as efficiently as using the plug-in does...
    Yes, charging through a USB port on the PC absolutely does not
    deliver as high a current as plugging it into the wall charger.
    Tethering is generally about the highest drain usage possible and
    it will easily exceed what a USB port can supply.

That said, your general high drain problems likely have nothing to
    do with 1.4.1.1 directly. People have had all manner of battery
    drain issues with every version and it's usually tied to app settings,
    system settings, sync profiles or network configuration.
    I've had the same very *low* battery drain, through all of 1.3.x and 1.4.x.

ian
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    So.. After a week or two of working fine, my morning alarm (the one
    I depend to get me up for work) didn't go off this morning.
    Previously this was due to my Pre's internal clock just stopping any
    time it went to sleep.
    That's not happening this time, but the alarm still doesn't work.
    Guessing a reboot will fix it, but I'm getting really tired of
    totally unreliable alarms ever since 1.4.x.

Also (and probably related somehow) yesterday evening I noticed
    *all* of my background apps died at the same time, again.
    That means the Phone, Email, Messaging apps that are normally
    launched at boot, and required to receive calls, email and sms..
    were gone. I have to launch them all manually and dismiss their
    cards to get em to run again. From my perspective, 1.4.1.1 fixed
    *nothing* important that they first broke in 1.4.

ian
    Hi,

sorry if my issue is already fixed, but it's very hard to read all 20 pages... I'm new in Pre community (I've had my Pre only for 4 days), but I'm having big issues with my phone. Almost immediately after first turning on I've upgraded webos version from 1.2.1 to 1.4.1 (OTA) and my troubles started: I had to use webOSDoctor because Pre didn't reboot after upgrade. All seemed OK but i discovered that Pre freezes (and/or restarts - not on each occasion) when is diconnected from USB or charger. During charging is all OK, I can call, receive the calls, send SMS and so on. But after disconnecting from USB and turn off the screen the phone stops repsponding after some time (~30 seconds). But if I try to call it from another telephone, the caller's phone is signalizing that all is OK, but Pre is not ringing. Sometimes I have to pull out the battery to restart. I'm very frustrated...

I don't have any patches applied, no Preware installed.

And question is: can help me some trick or should I aplly some specific patches? Or do I have to wait for Palm new version of webos? I'm not sure that new version will fix my problem...

Thanks. Petr
    Quote Originally Posted by it_tek View Post
    I haven't had too many issues, but hopefully this is a simple question. I had installed a migration tool when the update b4 1.4 came out and it cleared up any problems I had with misbehaving apps\patches. This time with the jump from 1.4 to 1.4.1.1 many just disappeared rather than stopped working. Is this normal? I reinstalled them and its fine but it was weird.
    What disappeared -- was it apps or patches? Apps should have stayed, but with patches you have to use the AUPT process to update them.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    2nd time this has happened to me.

Not long after 1.4 I tried using the video recorder, and noticed that
    afterward my standby battery drain went up to about 11-15%/hr (It's usually < 1.5%/hr)
    and stayed up. In fact, rebooting it didn't fix it. I eventually pulled the battery and
    that returned it to normal.

Last night, same thing happened to me. Rebooted and went to bed with
    phone fully charged and no apps running, and it was down to 10% this
    morning (including 3 hours in Airplane mode with Battery Saver app).
    Killed everything I could possibly kill and high drain persisted. Finally
    remembered that I had used the video recorder yesterday afternoon
    (with usual camera app flakiness). I pulled the battery and now the
    drain is back to normal.

I think the new camera app just thrashes something in the A/V hardware
    and the only way to fix it is with a full shutdown and cold reboot.
    Worth a shot, if you're experiencing high drain.

ian
    Hi all,

I thought that WebOS 1.4.1.1 was supposed to have fixed the issue with email intermittently asking for me to 'add an account', something that should only happen when you first setup your Pre.

It's still happening for me and I'm trying to figure out how to make it happen consistently so it will be easier to bug fix and have comfirmed.

Anyone still having this issue as well?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Hi all,

I thought that WebOS 1.4.1.1 was supposed to have fixed the issue with email intermittently asking for me to 'add an account', something that should only happen when you first setup your Pre.

It's still happening for me and I'm trying to figure out how to make it happen consistently so it will be easier to bug fix and have comfirmed.

Rob
    Yes, many of us still have the issue.
    What's really happening under the covers is that the background Email
    app (the instance that actually checks email periodically and notifies
    you of incoming email etc), is dying. It just disappears. When
    you start it manually it restarts what would normally be that background
    instance, but the UI has to do something, so it shows you the first time
    use screen.

You'll probably find that about the same time you see that behavior in
    Email, that if you launch the Phone app, it will hang, until you dismiss the splash card
    and launch it again. It too has died in the background, and you won't
    receive any calls until you have launched it manually.

Same with messaging app. It dies in the background, but there's no
    startup symptom to tell you it happened. You just don't get any
    text messages until you check for them hours after they were sent.

I've sent logs to sprint rep in this thread, as requested. Hopefully
    they'll sort it out in the next update. It's been doing this ever since 1.4.
    Others who are seeing this problem, should generate logs and send them to
    Sprint. (##LOGS# .. generate quick log, and email to contactpalm@precentral.net along with a description of problem and your forum Username)

ian
    its pretty good overall fixed many bugs
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Hi all,

Rob
    I note that your firmware and Sprint Configuration are different than mine. I have Firmware CC1.5(514) and Sprint Configuration 2.4.

Does anywone know what eh currnet releases are and how to upgrade to the current revisons? I wonder if this could be causing some of the problems others are reporting?? My Pre is working fine with none of these problems.

The only issue I have is International roaming in Mexico. It took my Pre over 18 hours to realize it could roam in Mexico even though it never took my Instinct more that 5 minutes to figure that out in the same towns/hotels.