Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122 LastLast
    Okay.....

- Phone can take forever to respond. Both to touch and the power button. By forever I mean anywhere from a few seconds to something in the range of 20 seconds...enough time for me to think I didn't press the power button and press it again. Then after waiting for another 5 or 6 seconds the screen flashes on then off. Like its in a very very deep sleep

- Lock screen issues. The screen suddenly had the lock button overlayed on the screen. I don't mean on a black screen, I mean on my actual phone UI. I would power up the screen with the power button and the phone UI would show up with the lock button on top of my quick launch bar. Phone continued to do this for a couple of days until it suddenly 'fixed' itself.

- GPS still loses me in the city. One minute its working...next its gone. I'm in Calgary, Alberta Canada under Bell. One million people in one of the highest coverage cell communities in the world due to the oil/gas work being done. Go figure.

- Not sure if its a 1.4.1 issue or not...but I noticed that even though I use gmail as my main email and contact list account, any changes or additions I have made to my Palm Pre do NOT get carried over to my Gmail contact information. So if my phone goes bye bye, I would have to recreate all that lost information...but of course I would have to figure out what it was first. IMO, this is very counter intuitive to how I thought the google/gmail/contact/Palm info worked. What good is it if Palm only does 1/2 a job by pulling the info but never updating back to where I got it from?

- Still have multi-second delays in answering/handling the phone. Phone call comes in and it can take a ring or two just for the phone to respond to my touch to pick up the call. (Likely tied to the overall 'deep sleep' mode it seems to go into..so much so that you can't get the power button to wake it up)

- Phone reboots itself. Usually when I'm in and around email or a text message. I believe it happens when I close the programs, although once it rebooted while reading an email. By programs I mean email and txt msg ones.

- Scrolling stops working on web pages, email. Its like the Pre is 'thinking' and can only spare a tiny bit of CPU time to roll the page up. Multiple screen swipes are needed to move it up the tiniest bit.

Just a thought, but what good is the email on the Pre if I can now log into my gmail/buzz account on the browser and get more email features, better handling AND threaded emails? Might as well replace the Email icon with a browser shortcut to my Gmail/Buzz account.
    Last edited by CanadianPre; 04/08/2010 at 08:47 AM. Reason: clarifications
    I can't get preware to load. It hangs on loading package information. Is this a common problem now? How do I fix it?
    I am having several issues: If you need to login to a website or type in a box on a website the page jumps around everytime you type a letter. This is the only site that the typing feature has worked on for me since the update. Another issue is that the phone won't hardly load things like the survivor episodes and etc. It works even worse when using WiFi. The phone is very sluggish and almost unresponsive at times since this update. I don't have any patches or alterations on my phone.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    My pre has no patches and I have had several issues since 1.4.1. Battery life is Significantly worse, GPS and Mail are both manual only. I have gotten a blank black screen and had to pull the battery 4 times since the update, and the battery wasn't even dead when it came back on. Reception is as bad as it was when if first came out. Half of my calls and notifications are not coming through at all, even when I do have good reception. And at least 5 times all of my alarms have randomly reset to the same time and tone (this was happening before, but with less frequency). I love my pre, but I hope they get these basic things fixed soon, June is coming and I'm starting to wonder...
    Hey Jason or whoever, please develop a patch for flash during phone calls. It will help in conference calling. Also, you can only conference once during a phone call. I think the patch will help that....Thank you!!!
    This just started today... Preware and my Pre tell me I have 7 apps to update...but when I try to update them nothing happen(whether I go thru thr Preware...or just the "Updates" icon)...is this common??Anyone else having this issue today??

BTW-I'm able to go online and I have my phone radio on

Thanks for any info
    Palm VIIx >>>Palm 505 >>>Palm Treo 650 Palm 700p >> Palm Centro >> Palm Pre
    Hi

I promise to read through the many pages of this thread later tonight but just wanted to get my issue down on paper (as it were).

Issue:
    When making or receiving calls, it is not possible to speak or hear until I select the option to use the 'Speaker' - bottom left on screen icon during a call. Once the 'Speaker' button is pressed it is possible to hear voice through the loud speaker and it is possible to speak through the microphone.

When did Issue start:
    Following update to webOS v.1.4.1. The update proceeded without any issue.

Attempts at resolution:
    I have since performed a Full Erase twice and uninstalled all of the applications and created a new Palm profile - none of which have fixed the issue.

Any ideas? I'd have thought all of the attempts above would have cleared any spurious/non-compatible configuration from the phone for the new version of the OS. I have never hacked the phone either.

Are there any guides on how to revert the webOS version to a previous one in the forum? I'm imagining that the webOS doctor is the way to go - but how to avoid the deadly update?

Now quite sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by woakley View Post
    Hi

I promise to read through the many pages of this thread later tonight but just wanted to get my issue down on paper (as it were).

Issue:
    When making or receiving calls, it is not possible to speak or hear until I select the option to use the 'Speaker' - bottom left on screen icon during a call. Once the 'Speaker' button is pressed it is possible to hear voice through the loud speaker and it is possible to speak through the microphone.

When did Issue start:
    Following update to webOS v.1.4.1. The update proceeded without any issue.

Attempts at resolution:
    I have since performed a Full Erase twice and uninstalled all of the applications and created a new Palm profile - none of which have fixed the issue.

Any ideas? I'd have thought all of the attempts above would have cleared any spurious/non-compatible configuration from the phone for the new version of the OS. I have never hacked the phone either.

Are there any guides on how to revert the webOS version to a previous one in the forum? I'm imagining that the webOS doctor is the way to go - but how to avoid the deadly update?

Now quite sad.
    Sounds like your phone is stuck in headset jack mode.

Try inserting and removing a headset several times to release the pin and allow for normal sound transmission again.

--HardBeatZ
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    question?
    i have the preware and filecoster on my pre, to my understanding this is not accessable for both to be on a device. is this why the preware is not working but the file free is?
    when i start preware it says "failure during 'getConfigs' operation"
    is this fixable or do i have to delete one, i would rather preware to work then filecoster.
    can anyone help me
    hust!!
    A. Hardwick 3rd
    When phone on touchstone the screen won't display the normal clock display after being set to charge. Screen only dims just a bit. Been having trouble with power switch also since 1.4.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by hust View Post
    question?
    i have the preware and filecoster on my pre, to my understanding this is not accessable for both to be on a device. is this why the preware is not working but the file free is?
    is this fixable or do i have to delete one, i would rather preware to work then filecoster.
    can anyone help me
    I have both installed on my Pre as well.. Filecoaster is there mainly because it is what I started off with back in the early days of homebrew and just left it on. From your problem, it sounds like the package manager isn't working correctly. I'd uninstall both package manager, and preware then restart the phone, then once it is booted back up reinstall package manager and Preware and restart one more time.

Hopefully that would clear you up
    --edit--

dbl post
    Last edited by fastamx79; 04/09/2010 at 09:13 PM. Reason: double post
    Anyone have issues with cards not opening all the way?
    usually do a luna restart when that happens. I get annoyed when my webpages go gray and don't come back when I tap on the card, and I have to refresh.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    i have two patches that need updates but when i go to update, i get an IPKG error. i cant update or delete the patches without getting that IPKG error. i also cant download apps from the catalog. the apps download but when they go to install, it fails. it has happened with different apps. any ideas? is it the new update or something else? thanks for your help.
    so has their been a solution for the universal search being broken with out doctoring???
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Sounds like your phone is stuck in headset jack mode.

Try inserting and removing a headset several times to release the pin and allow for normal sound transmission again.

--HardBeatZ
    HB - you are my personal jesus! That worked!
    question?
    can anyone help me
    Hey Jason or whoever, please develop a patch for flash during phone calls. It will help in conference calling. Also, you can only conference once during a phone call. I think the patch will help that....Thank you!!!
    this is the battle i've been suffering since the 1.4 upgrade. then 1.4.11 made the file manager come back but i wanted my patches and wosqi was giving me the pkm mgr and weboz internalz errors over and over and over. i must have restarted novacom, preware installer, webos qi, the phone.....800 times. finally when i was lucky to get into the repository on the tweaks link (NEVER have i been able to get the blue arrow to show me a menu for the good stuff)and the device management link, i noticed the patches that the error msgs said werent installed WERE already installed. so i removed them and hit the restart luna button(since my luna button on the pre kept giving error too) in the app mgmnt directory.

i then opened up every installer on my computer like a psycho and just started hitting buttons. 3 different windows of webosqi would not let me in without some other "needed" installs that it kept installing and then insisting that it was missing. repeat repeat repeat.....

then preware alpha installer popped up front and center. i DREADED the thought of another 30min novacomd refresh drama so i just clicked the install preware button and it took 2 seconds to say INSTALLED!

and now i dont have to go to the detox center for newly addicted mojohackers or play fight club games to get my mind off my failed preware reuinion. :P

BTW my phone is lightning fast now that everything is reinstalled and proper. its faster than it was in 1..3.5

GTFO of this thread. Preware is not Palm's problem. If Palm Pre users, like myself, want to get a working device by the time it is obsolete or by the time our contracts expire, we can't have people trying to get help for modded, preware, patched phones etc. I want to be able to be back in the good old days of 1.3.5 too, but it's not going to happen unless we give Palm input about STOCK 1.4.1 phones to work with, not quibbles about Preware or bugs with third-party patches and services.
    Here are some new bugs I've noticed in the last 60 seconds (i jest) of using my stock 1.4.1.1 Palm Pre:

-With the slider open, using the messaging app, during a Google chat conversation, I had to press any key to keep the screen from going to sleep. If I failed to do that, when I pressed a key to wake the screen it would either not wake until I received a new message, or not wake for a discomforting, long time.
    -Signal bars in the device menu, for "EV" mode, are 4-5 when I look at my Pre, but as soon as I try to load a web page, or any other network-required program, the signal will drop to 2, 1 , 0 bars, or 1x, or roam mode. If it does drop out, the only way to bring it back, without not using the Pre for a while, is to cycle in and out of Airplane mode. I wonder if, either, there is a power drop off for the 3G modem when the cpu is requesting power. Or, maybe the initial strong signal I'm seeing is just reception, and when the phone begins to transmit to the tower, the signal isn't making there and back 100% of the time, indicating a drop in strength on the device menu. Who knows, just theories.

-Notification sounds randomly not playing, like everyone else.

-Here's a really tiny priority one, but I gotta mention it: when typing a text message in the messaging app, if an autocomplete occurs on the last character of a line, there is no carriage return until you continue typing. This has the effect of the autocompleted word seeming to disappear. example: "I think that u " , the u will be autocompleted to you, and sent to the next line, but the cursor focus wont unless you continue typing. A super tiny bug, but a bug nonetheless.

I'm a big fan of the logic of economics, and I'm amazed this phone has me abandoning that value. I've spent more time reporting bugs on this thing than it would take me to work to make enough money to cancel my contract and try something that works more often. I think it might be because I want a competitive market and I don't want to see Palm, one of the few, die. Even if Palm released a patch for ONE of these issues, I think my faith might live on. But it's very close to dying.
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianPre View Post
    Okay.....

- Lock screen issues. The screen suddenly had the lock button overlayed on the screen. I don't mean on a black screen, I mean on my actual phone UI. I would power up the screen with the power button and the phone UI would show up with the lock button on top of my quick launch bar. Phone continued to do this for a couple of days until it suddenly 'fixed' itself.

- Scrolling stops working on web pages, email. Its like the Pre is 'thinking' and can only spare a tiny bit of CPU time to roll the page up. Multiple screen swipes are needed to move it up the tiniest bit.
    (
    I'm having these same problem the lock screen issue only happened twice