Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrDrgn View Post
    In Preware, AUPT is all right for the most part. However, it seems to stop processing patches at the first sign of any error. After the 1.4.1.1 update on my Sprint Pre, Preware reported something like 30 patches it wanted to update. So, I hit the Update All button and let it go. It went through 19 of them, and stopped on the "No Alert During Call" package because that one (version 1.4.1.1 - Ikyo) produces an IPKG error during install. Hitting Update All again just results in the same issue. I had to install all the patches which were in alphabetical order after that one manually, one-by-one. I would much rather have an option in Preware to have it silently ignore the errors, skip over patches that don't install and continue on with the rest of them in my Update All list.

Second issue with 1.4.1.1 on my Sprint Pre is the launcher is skewed by half an icon width sometimes when I bring it up. Check out the attached screen capture to see.
    Could this be caused by the add launcher pages patch? Try removing that patch and see if you continue to see the problem.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by fastamx79 View Post
    I have not had any luna crashes (yet) but I have noticed that my battery life has gotten MUCH worse than 1.4!!

I am up to 11%/hr drain. Keep in mind this is in a poor signal area (at work), but even prior to 1.4 I was pulling 4-6%/hr drain in a poor signal area.

Not too sure what the drain would be in a good signal area, and won't know until tonight when I get home and monitor it.
    If you are experiencing battery drain with 1.4.1.x that is WORSE than with your previous versions of webOS please send me a private message so we can work to collect log files and identify the cause of the battery drain.

--HardBeatZ
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

Quote Originally Posted by mslayer82 View Post
    wow... I see a lot of "issues" with this release that other people are having. Me on the other hand.. updated my Pre with about 17 patches installed and the 800 MHz overclock kernel installed, and I've had no issues whatsoever... other than the patches not working... not too sure if the 800 MHz is still working though...
    I haven't had any issues whatsoever with 1.4.1.1. It's been working so well that I haven't really missed the 800MHz overclock.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I found an interesting issue in 1.4.1.1 (I am on Sprint)

my wife has a feature phone from t-mobile and often sends me SMS and MMS messages, and these would have both a Subject (shown in bold) and then the message and the picture or video.

with 1.4.1.1, i will see a notification come in on the dashboard and see the subject, but when i go to the message itself, all i see is the message and the pic/video...no bold subject! and, if I click on the message, select "copy text" and then paste that text, it actually shows the subject and message!

so, something has changed and I no longer see the subject of these text messags!
    I'm having the same problem with the 1.4.1.1 upgrade. I get sent alert audio pages with the subject being the station that is being paged out. It is inconvenient to say the least to have the subject line now missing. I did a chat session with palm support but he gave up and said it would be referred to next level support. I have yet to hear something. If Palm won't fix it maybe we can find someone to develop a patch to fix this!

KJ
    I've seen various reports of the lock screen still not appearing correctly post 1.4.1. I tried to reach out to everyone who stated the issue, but may have overlooked someone by accident (there's a lot of posts).

If you are experiencing this issue and have not received a private message from me, please reach out to me directly. We would like to capture some log files from devices experiencing this issue.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

Quote Originally Posted by BillP3393 View Post
    I replaced my Pre yesterday and completed the update to 1.4.1.1 this morning. I have not been able to download Pandora Radio, Where, Sports Calander, and ZumoDrive from the App Catalog or via Preware. All of my other apps were installed without any problem. Any ideas?
    Have you tried full erasing the device then signing back in?

If that doesn't resolve the issue, try flashing the device with webOS doctor 1.4.1. and download apps again.

If you are still having problems let me know.

--HardBeatZ
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I found an interesting issue in 1.4.1.1 (I am on Sprint)

my wife has a feature phone from t-mobile and often sends me SMS and MMS messages, and these would have both a Subject (shown in bold) and then the message and the picture or video.

with 1.4.1.1, i will see a notification come in on the dashboard and see the subject, but when i go to the message itself, all i see is the message and the pic/video...no bold subject! and, if I click on the message, select "copy text" and then paste that text, it actually shows the subject and message!

so, something has changed and I no longer see the subject of these text messags!
    Quote Originally Posted by keithjjo View Post
    I'm having the same problem with the 1.4.1.1 upgrade. I get sent alert audio pages with the subject being the station that is being paged out. It is inconvenient to say the least to have the subject line now missing. I did a chat session with palm support but he gave up and said it would be referred to next level support. I have yet to hear something. If Palm won't fix it maybe we can find someone to develop a patch to fix this!

KJ
    I have reached out to both of you requesting log files. Any other users experiencing this issue please send me a private message. We would like to see a few variations of these messages to be sure we identify all circumstances where this issue will occur and possibly capture log files from devices.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

Quote Originally Posted by kualsevol View Post
    Hi!

My report:

Palm Pre (German) 1.4.1 with Vodafone Spain Simcard.

- No audio in calls: I can call and receive calls, and the Pre rings, but I'm not hearing anything during a call and the remote caller can't hear me. The messaging options are working fine (SMS)

- The battery is draining much more than with 1.4.0

- Display doesn't shut off in calls (the proximity sensor is working)

- All patches are gone

- No Luna restarts (atm...........)

Previous WebOS version: 1.4.0

Patches installed on device:

- 4x4 Icons
    - Call duration

Regards
    So all other sounds / notifications work fine?

Do you have the same experience if you are using a headset whether this is wired or bluetooth?

--HardBeatZ
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralRaptor View Post
    Just installed 1.4.1 on my Bell Pre, and noticed that now the time is wrong. it says 12:06 and not 11:06. I almost drove to work early :S
    Does your device show the correct time zone? Whether yes or no what time zone does it display?
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    The idiots at Palm STILL didn't fix the half second vibrate with texting. I can't feel texts anymore. I added the patch to lengthen the vibrate but the phone vibrates on a call now which is really annoying and embarrassing. When is palm going to fix this. So ridiculous.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    My curiousity makes me wonder if there is a way NOT to HAVE TO have the new 1.4.1 update installed onto my Pixi.
    It already did an automatic download and said it will automatically install on the next charging session.
    I don't know if this is supposed to be a new "feature", but....

Ever since the update, I cannot adjust the phone's volume while locked unless I'm playing a song. Otherwise, no dice. It's pretty annoying when you want to adjust the ringtone/alert volume.
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    I don't know if this is supposed to be a new "feature", but....

Ever since the update, I cannot adjust the phone's volume while locked unless I'm playing a song. Otherwise, no dice. It's pretty annoying when you want to adjust the ringtone/alert volume.
    it was like that since beginning afaikafaikafaik
    Does anyone still have distorted pictures in the contact app after upgrading to 1.4.1 ?? Cuz I still have distorted pictures in my contact app and I don't know how to fix it.

oh..and btw I also have the timezone problem(1 hour early) and I'm using a bell pre
    Last edited by wiinfinity; 04/05/2010 at 08:31 PM.
    I had to update all of my patches and then restarted for Luna - oops! forgot to update the Preware!! Now, when I click on the Preware app, it gives me an error message and locks up my phone. The only way I can get it back on is to take off the battery and put it back on. Also, the one patch I wanted, which is why I wanted the Preware in the first place, (SMS Tone Per Contact) is giving me an error message when I tried to update it.
    So to add on all the complaints for 1.4.1 sneaking up on me and uploading while I fell asleep.
    The volume icon keeps coming up at the bottom of the screen and flipping out like it is going to have a heart attack.
    I am getting constant resetting either setting on the touchtone in my truck, but not at work.
    And now for some reason I have lost Universal Search, when I go to type in a contacts name nothing comes up. I have to go into the contacts screen and pull them up.
    Can I go back to 1.4.0 without it making convert back to the darkside??
    guys, only bad so far is my 3G is back to EV. absolutely everything else still works as far as i can see. and sprint navigation now talks properly to me as it wasn't doing before, not like it matters but, it does talk now. just use WebOS, not Preware, and uncheck/uninstall all the patches and the theme take off with the Themer function (which i think only is working for taking themes off not putting them on right now) and you should have no trouble patching your phone. i tried to play with patches in Preware first but it just wasn't worth it. Luna went bye bye for me too. I had to reinstall that for some reason. I think it was the only app I had to reinstall.

i see someone said they needed to do a battery yank in regards to Preware. Personally i had the same experience when trying to patch all the stuff with Preware and not WebOS. Probably it is a good idea to remove Luna Manager AND Preware and maybe Package Manager Service for Preware also and reinstall. i had to do a battery yank once too though :'(
    Last edited by ceaserx; 04/05/2010 at 09:12 PM. Reason: i want to add...
    lets see....
    1. Random full restart twice so far
    2. programs hanging on opening. get to stare at the stupid blinking icon that is a reminder of how slow things are.
    3. F'd up BT. wouldn't connect out of nowhere. Couldn't turn on or off from the actual BT screen. All of my paired devices were gone. Had to do multiple luna restarts and a full restart to get it going again, and then magically all my paired devices showed up again.
    4. While on vibrate on the touchstone the phone would ring with some vibrating gong instead of an actual vibration only.

not sure if this is related, but I can't play a video in the background. It keeps pausing while I check email or do anything with it in card view. I can still listen for a minute while I check a quick text or email. I don't need it to pause. I'll hit pause if I want it to pause while I check on something.

And who's bright idea was it to just have the stupid circle and slider for video. I can't fast forward or rewind with any sort of precision off that little dot.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    im having a problem with the speaker on the phone! it sounds all muffled like people are underwater!!! ughhhh!!!! please tell me this can be fixed~
    Since installing the update, my gesture area doesn't work at all. So in order to switch between text messages or emails, I have to close and reopen the messaging or email application.