Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    1.4.1 is driving me crazy. I'm getting random reboots (not even Luna reboots - full freezes and reboots) every day at least.
    Also getting some luna reboots, when on touchstone.
    Also, calls/voicemails and texts not getting through unless I have the phone or messaging apps open.

So, pretty much useless.
    my phone is hot and locked up after taking it off the touchstone when I wake up in the morning. The clock is off and the led light is blinking. Had to remove battery to reboot and get it to work again. Anyone else have this problem? It started after the update. My phone is stock (no patches, etc..).
    Early issues with 1.4.1.1 resolved by a doctors visit....

I had issues with both rapid battery use and with the phone going off-line after doing an OTA update. I had numerous AUPT compatible patches, no themes, no overclocking.

I finally got fed up with the issues and ran WebOSDoctor on the phone. I have since reloaded most of the patches I 'lost' in the doctoring process and can now say the phone is working much better...
    --
    Visor Deluxe > Visor Platinum > Visor Pro > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Pre > EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by ccdoss View Post
    Is there another way around this? It doesn't seem to be working for me.
    There is a pin that extends into the headphone plug jack that senses when the plug is inserted by being pushed back by the plug. Sometimes that pin gets stuck. You can try gently putting a toothpick into the jack and moving it around the sides to free up the pin. Others have had some success using a toothpick or a q-tip without the fuzz on it with just a bit mild solvent (rubbing alcohol) on it. Even blowing into the jack can sometimes be enough to free the sensing pin.
    --
    Visor Deluxe > Visor Platinum > Visor Pro > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Pre > EVO 4G
    Hello all, I am scared to install 1.4.1 I have overclocked to 800MHz. I am trying to uninstall before doing update but seem to be having no luck. Linux Command line comes up with error or can't find sh: .... HELP.... I am at a point when I can upgrade, I am gonna get away from the pre... I have been a Treo user for years and loved it, I thought they would have taken the best stuff of treo and just made it better. They could've done a better design on the phone itself. The touch screen is either too sensitive or not enough.
    Since clocking it to the 800MHz the pre is fast as hec and no overheating problems. I am having trouble re-installing preware as only my apps come up and not the patches or themes..... is there anybody out there that can help... Much appreciated and thanx in advance...
    David
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    ok, i've just webosdoctored with the 1.4.1.1 rom.

i have a fair amount of apps so i will say even trying to get to the dialog to "pause all downloads" took about 10 minutes of lagging.

beyond that, i got a lot of responsiveness back when i just let it finish downloading the apps. launcher seemed pretty fluid and responsive at stock 500mhz.

running right now with just preware, package manager, bypass pinlock, and unthrottle dowload speed.

oc'd right back to 800mhz with no trouble at all. got the scaler working so i'm happy waiting on the other patches to catch up and just install them later.

can't say much about battery life just yet, but i just got the seidio 1350 thursday
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Since I upgraded to 1.4.1 I can't seem to change my email settings - when I go into the preferences there's just no default account set and I can't press any of the buttons.

Anyone else experienced this or know how to fix it? Restarting hasn't sorted anything
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    1.4.1 is driving me crazy. I'm getting random reboots (not even Luna reboots - full freezes and reboots) every day at least.
    Also, calls/voicemails and texts not getting through unless I have the phone or messaging apps open.

So, pretty much useless.
    I seem to have the same issue. Mine needs all passwords re-entered and re-loads apps. as well. Been happening since 1.4 and continues today. I haven't loaded any patches for several weeks either. I'm still looking for a solution as the only one I have is to see how far I can toss my pre...
    @HardBeatZ: Bug report.

Hardware: Stock Sprint Pre, No patches. WebOS 1.4.1.1 (I think it happened under 1.4.0 as well, but don't remember)
    Reproducibility: 100%.
    Symptoms: Certain apps (the alarm in Clock, CardAce BlackJack, WordAce do it every time) seem to be ignoring the mute switch. That is, if I slide the hard switch on the top of the phone to the right so that the colored bit is showing, I get the bell with the slash through it, but the above apps continue to play music over the speaker. This becomes a bit of a problem when trying to play blackjack quietly at night while my wife sleeps...

Also, I had the Universal Search kick out overnight after updating. That seems to have fixed itself with just a reboot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Farsighed View Post
    @HardBeatZ: Bug report.

Hardware: Stock Sprint Pre, No patches. WebOS 1.4.1.1 (I think it happened under 1.4.0 as well, but don't remember)
    Reproducibility: 100%.
    Symptoms: Certain apps (the alarm in Clock, CardAce BlackJack, WordAce do it every time) seem to be ignoring the mute switch. That is, if I slide the hard switch on the top of the phone to the right so that the colored bit is showing, I get the bell with the slash through it, but the above apps continue to play music over the speaker. This becomes a bit of a problem when trying to play blackjack quietly at night while my wife sleeps...

Also, I had the Universal Search kick out overnight after updating. That seems to have fixed itself with just a reboot.
    go to clock app and turn it off...

clock app - preferences - ringer switch off

there is option: Play alarm anyway YES/NO
    Quote Originally Posted by danisnotstan View Post
    so it appears some old issues are back today... First when I manually opened my email I was greeted by the old enter new email crap. Then the worst part. My wife walked in the door and smacked me and called me an *******! I asked what the problem was and she was worried sick about me. Apparently she called me like 5 times and sent 7 text messages between 2-6pm... I never was notified. I opened the text app in front of her to prove it and sure enough all 7 popped up like I just got them but were stamped hours before. I then opened my phone app and was greeted by a new voicemail indicator. Great. A phone that doesn't get calls or texts. Internet has been working all day. ***?! Fix it palm NOW!!!
    The same thing happened to me the other day! My phone was plugged into my pc, just charging, and I never got the many texts or phone calls from my wife. Very not cool.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaHui623 View Post
    The same thing happened to me the other day! My phone was plugged into my pc, just charging, and I never got the many texts or phone calls from my wife. Very not cool.
    More people need to start pestering Palm about this one directly. It
    was the most serious bug in 1.4 and the fact that's it's not fixed in 1.4.1
    is very bad news. The reason it happens, is the background phone/email/messaging
    app processes all simply die, often at the same time. Without them you
    can't receive calls/email/sms and the symptom that tells you that it
    happened recently even if you haven't missed any calls/email/etc is when you
    launch phone app and it just freezes on the splash screen, or you launch
    email and it goes to the first time use screen. Many people have
    complained of those symptoms so I know it's affecting more than just
    a few of us. Now I regularly launch the phone and messaging and email
    apps just to make sure they're still running.

ian
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I am having the same major Luna Restart and also my phone just ceasing to operate. There is no question this was related to 1.4.1. Never had any issues until I upgraded to 1.4.1 and have told my other PRE family members to hold off on 1.4.1.

I did make one change that seems to be having a positive impact - I turned off my Wallpaper switching app - Switcharoo - and my Luna Restarts and lockups have been greatly reduced. Just leaving the default wallpaper for now.

I will add back switcharoo in a day or so and see if it gets worse again
    When I place my Sprint Pre (1.4.1.1) on my touchstone it does a reset. It has done this at least 3 times.

Anyone else have this problem?
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I don't know if this sort of thing started to happen after the 1.4.1 update, but I'm no longer able to download anything from the App Catalog. I am able to update existing apps, but the download bar will stay empty and never fill. I have a couple patches, but nothing extravagant.
    I found an interesting issue in 1.4.1.1 (I am on Sprint)

my wife has a feature phone from t-mobile and often sends me SMS and MMS messages, and these would have both a Subject (shown in bold) and then the message and the picture or video.

with 1.4.1.1, i will see a notification come in on the dashboard and see the subject, but when i go to the message itself, all i see is the message and the pic/video...no bold subject! and, if I click on the message, select "copy text" and then paste that text, it actually shows the subject and message!

so, something has changed and I no longer see the subject of these text messags!
    Quote Originally Posted by icedragon View Post
    my phone is hot and locked up after taking it off the touchstone when I wake up in the morning. The clock is off and the led light is blinking. Had to remove battery to reboot and get it to work again. Anyone else have this problem? It started after the update. My phone is stock (no patches, etc..).
    Besides of the "hot", it's the same with me.
    Didn't have to pull out the battery before 1.4.1 more than once or twice a month. Now I do it 2-3times a day because the phone doesn't respond anymore.

Mostly I'm stuck with the lock-screen. I pull te yellow button over the line but nothing happens. The yellow button is gone but I canno access anything.
    I have security-code enabled. But I don't get the code-entry screen. Then I am stuck with that. Have to pull the battery.

Very annoying...!
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    i encounter this sometimes, but it can always be resolved with a sym+orange+r when it occurs.
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post

So, pretty much useless.
    YES! THIS! For god's sake this!

I woke up this morning and checked some websites on my phone. No notifications. Went to go pour a bowl of cereal and the phone restarts. I get a notification sound and when the phone finally reboots I come to find that I had 3 txts last night, none of which showed up until this morning. I'm in great coverage area, so it's not that. Then, half an hour later, I'm sitting here at my desk and the phone just restarts again. Completely unprovoked.

I'm also getting a TON of apps that just decide that they're not going to start, and just hang on the startup screen forever. This includes Youtube, Phone, Email, Memos and calulator. CALCULATOR! ***?

For as long as I've had this phone, since 1.2, I have never had so many problems. Palm, let's get it together-- you can't afford to screw up like this, especially when your stock is at $3.75. 1.3.5 was the most awesome, stable version you put out, so how can we possibly be where we are right now? WebOS is performing like a 0.5 release candidate. What the hell happened?!
    wow... I see a lot of "issues" with this release that other people are having. Me on the other hand.. updated my Pre with about 17 patches installed and the 800 MHz overclock kernel installed, and I've had no issues whatsoever... other than the patches not working... not too sure if the 800 MHz is still working though...