Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccdoss View Post
    My phone app isn't working properly anymore. I plugged in a headphone for a while, then unplugged. Now, when I use phone, it thinks headphones are still plugged in. I can only use in speaker mode or plug in headphones. I've closed phone app & rebooted. Very frustrating!
    This has been happening since day one. What you need to do is plug your headphones back in and then pull them out again. The easiest way to verify when the speaker is working properly again is to open the Music Player app and try to play music. If you can't hear it through the speaker, keep trying the plug/unplug method. Be aware that the application will pause the playback when you plug and/or unplug, so you have to keep pressing play.

It seems to be a problem with how the phone senses whether there are headphones connected or not...

Good Luck!!
    The following bugs still exist for me in 1.4.1:

1. Unlock screen is showing the normal working screen.
    2. Mail app is starting to accounts. I have to tap Ok to see my inbox.
    3. Calendar takes a lot of time to load after device reboot. Sometimes I have to close and restart the app.

No changes from 1.4 to 1.4.1 detected on my side. German O2 Pre.
    I think it would be nice to collect all bugs in the first post of this thread.
    I have a GSM o2 pre. And a big trouble after updating to 1.4.1 (DOCTOR)

When using Contacts I get constant Luna Restarts when quitting Contacts, or editing/viewing a Contact entry. I use a Google account and have no contacts in the Palm profile. Some of my contacts have photos, most of them have cyrillic names/last names. Hope this helps to fix the TERRIBLE problem
    -Ryhor
    Last edited by ahsirg; 04/02/2010 at 05:10 PM.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prenode View Post
    The following bugs still exist for me in 1.4.1:

1. Unlock screen is showing the normal working screen.
    2. Mail app is starting to accounts. I have to tap Ok to see my inbox.
    3. Calendar takes a lot of time to load after device reboot. Sometimes I have to close and restart the app.

No changes from 1.4 to 1.4.1 detected on my side. German O2 Pre.
    I think it would be nice to collect all bugs in the first post of this thread.
    These might be carrier-specific. I just tried to replicate all three on my US/Sprint Pre at 1.4.1.1, and I could not. Unlock screen, Mail app, and Calendar app all work peachy for me. Are there PrePlus owners with these bugs?
    twitter: @esoneill
    Those bugs are random. Sometimes they happen, sometimes the Pre works fine for quite some time.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CooLOnE View Post
    This has been happening since day one. What you need to do is plug your headphones back in and then pull them out again. The easiest way to verify when the speaker is working properly again is to open the Music Player app and try to play music. If you can't hear it through the speaker, keep trying the plug/unplug method. Be aware that the application will pause the playback when you plug and/or unplug, so you have to keep pressing play.

It seems to be a problem with how the phone senses whether there are headphones connected or not...

Good Luck!!
    Is there another way around this? It doesn't seem to be working for me.
    my pre ran perfectly on 1.4.0 and does so on 1.4.1

it runs preware, several installs via woqi/preware and is slightely patched manually by myself.

absolutely no issues. no unexpected battery drain. nothing.

still one gets the impression that almost everything is screwed for almost everybody since day 1 and even more since 1.4.1.

name me a smartass but a lot of problems seem to be connected to modified phones. unless the device was never modified other than by palm and their app-catalog (not to mention the cases where webos was updated without properly removed mods) or the doctor was used prior to a "bug report" no behaviour can actually be called a bug.

if the misbehaviour survives the doctor, its a bug. or a hardware problem. i know a lot of people just try to find help here rather than complaining about the update but still i want to make a statement here to represent the ones without problems because reading this thread CAN make people deciding to not buy a webos phone =)

cheers
    "Multi Mod" and "no alert during call" are not working for me either. They won't update, and I can't remove it with Preware or WOSQI.

Any advice beyond EPR? I have between 30 and 40 patches installed, so I would hate to have to start all over....
    Same here, anyone find a way to fix this?
    so it appears some old issues are back today... First when I manually opened my email I was greeted by the old enter new email crap. Then the worst part. My wife walked in the door and smacked me and called me an *******! I asked what the problem was and she was worried sick about me. Apparently she called me like 5 times and sent 7 text messages between 2-6pm... I never was notified. I opened the text app in front of her to prove it and sure enough all 7 popped up like I just got them but were stamped hours before. I then opened my phone app and was greeted by a new voicemail indicator. Great. A phone that doesn't get calls or texts. Internet has been working all day. ***?! Fix it palm NOW!!!
    This tends to happen after every update... so many poeple are trying to load preware it seems to clog up the system... this issue will go away soon..
    My issues just keep growing... still missing more and more phone calls, my email keeps resetting itself (my accounts are there but alerts stop and when I go into email it tells me to add accounts when it lists the ones I already have on it) I'm getting more and more luna crashes/restarts... battery life is worse..

I'm thinking time to ESN swap to my Sprint/Nextel V950 until Palm issues another update that hopefully fixes these basic issues that didn't start until 1.4 came to town.

I need a reliable phone. My Pre is no longer reliable and right now I do not trust it (which is a major shame since webOS is freakin awesome)
    I am 99% certain that an email sent to my gmail account early this morning (April 2)...an email that I read using my Palm Pre...has disappeared. It is not accessible on my Pre...and it is not accessible via Gmail on any of several computers, either.

I have not had the time to wade through this thread...I updated to 1.4.1.1 within the past 24 hours...

There was other very odd email behavior as well...the odd behavior seems to have subsided but the lost email has not returned.

Anyone else see this rather serious behavior?
    I know there was several people stating that universal search is not working for them. I would like to try to start capturing some log files from those devices to see what is causing the failure.

Please send me a private message if you are one of the users not able to use universal search.

--HardBeatZ
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    where have my clock gone too how can i get my clock back
    I really had no issues with the update. My Pre seems to be running better than ever. Everything loads faster, and cards exit faster. Little, but very good update.
    first of all i was trying to update normaly and the updates app hanged on checking for updates

then i did a full errase and it worked

so i tried to reinstall mytether 2.1.0 and it says it does but it doesn't apears to be instaled

sprint pre activated in iusacell(mexico)
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    "Multi Mod" and "no alert during call" are not working for me either. They won't update, and I can't remove it with Preware or WOSQI.
    i'm experiencing this same issue (just multi mod patch). can't view tweaks in WOSQI b/c it wants to resolve the issue with multi mod first

can't remove through WOSQI, or preware. figure it will be fixed soon enough so i'm not flipping out or anything...just a nuisance, if i have to doctor, i'd like to get started before easter
    okay i bit. so do i have to reinstall my patches since they're not working?
    Quote Originally Posted by danisnotstan View Post
    I opened the text app in front of her to prove it and sure enough all 7 popped up like I just got them but were stamped hours before. ... Fix it palm NOW!!!
    This is so (!) annoying. When I saw the same behaviour on my Pre I just wanted to smash it.
    Since 1.4.1 I had Need for Speed stuttering very heavily, several times now, for lengths of up to a minute. Maybe this is related to the changes to the garbage collector?

Yesterday the video clips of Need for speed started to play upside down, this also never happened to me with 1.4.0.

Also I had 3G connection difficulties yesterday. Despite full signal strength I couldn't fetch RSS and web pages - after I went to airplane mode and back it worked.
    I also got an email immediately after that that should have reached me hours before, so my guess was that the phone had that connection trouble for a few already. Will see if it occurs another time.

(Went to 1.4.1 via OTA update, no patches installed)