Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsabo View Post
    Ok, interesting side-note to the "no universal search" issue-- if I tap near the magnifying glass, google/wikipedia/etc all show up. But it still isn't searching on the phone for stuff.
    I was having this problem too. Try using Webdoctor 1.4.1 on your Pre. I did this last night and my "universal search" feature is working just fine now.
    touchstone problems. i have multiple touchstones so i know its a confirmed problem.

first off, it takes much longer than normal for the phone to realize its on touchstone and go to the "touchstone screen". Secondly it stops then start back charging say every 60 seconds or so. This is bad becasue when you try and sleep you have uber bright screen next to your face.
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    I didn't think it was going to happen, but last night I got the too many cards and phone still restarts all the time when trying to turn back on from going to sleep..
    Several issues:
    First it just updated over night. It did not ask me, so I had not removed the theme and stuff like that. So that is a problem.
    And now my phone is completely useless
    1) After the update I don't get any data connection anymore. 1x sometimes is the max. Even at places where I used to have Ev with no problem and right before the update, all gone now. So I can only access the internet where I have WiFI access, but...
    2) WiFi has very little signal also in places where I had full signal before.
    Thus I hardly get internet, and if I do it is extremely slow!
    3) Preware does not start up anymore. (So that I could fix the themes problem.)

Have not tested much more, because without internet not much is left. I get emails, but calendar synching is basically out.

Any suggestions? (apart from doctoring my phone)
    Like this the phone is completely useless to me. Just for making phone calls I dont need a palm pre!

Reproducibility: 100% I tried restarting too, and that did not resolve the issue.
    Patches:
    -additional pages in launcher
    -1.5 seconds vibrate for email
    -2 secons vibrate for message
    -hide NFL, amazon store etc
    -answer with slides
    -end call with slider (except when with handset)
    -delete email from notification
    -add date and time to all messages

Conny
    Last edited by ConnyS; 04/02/2010 at 09:40 AM.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    @conny im pretty sure you have to doctor at this point. could try the repair utility but i don't think that would fix all the problems. maybe hopefully!!!
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    Zooming in PDF document is slow at the point that it freeze the Pre for few seconds. Anybody else experience this?
    After the update, my phone now frequently is unresponsive and then restarts when trying to unlock it. Battery life is then worse because of how frequently I have to restart my phone. Most other issues I've had with the phone have been minor irritations, but restarting 5-10 times a day is unacceptable.
    I came to check this thread and found good news and bad news.....
    Good news is I am not the only one having the horrible battery drain and random restarts since the 1.4.1 update....
    Bad news is that we are having horrible battery drain and random restarts after the 1.4.1 update.

Palm.... This is bad!!! Please, we beg you, fix this quick. This is UNACCEPTABLE! We reply on our phones to heavily these days to be worried about issues like this. My phone sat on its touchstone charger all day in front of me while I was working. Took it off at 5:30pm and by 9:00 it was at 50%. Not good at all. I look forward to a speedy fix for these issues.
    The display will not come back on, during or after calls. The only way to get the display to come back on, is to remove the battery, and boot up again. This happens on every phone call, I receive or make. Very frustrating, and only started with the last update.
    First off, I want to say what a great community precentral is and how helpful the people are here. However, I have to say, if I came here to get information about the palm pre from the forums, I would have never purchased this phone. It just seems like people are always having problems with the phone whether it's restarts, poor battery life, no sounds, no notifications, etc. From reading many of the posts, many of the problems seem to affect in larger percentage phones that have been patched or have homebrew on it. Maybe the mods can have separate forums/categories for phones that have been modified and those that are stock. Otherwise I feel, anyone who visits this site will think that all palm pres have such widespread problems, and in turn fail to promote how wonderful this device is.
    I was waiting for the available Patch updates in the Preware to show "1.4.1" before updating WebOS. I kept updating the Preware feeds thinking that at least one would show ver 1.4.1, but it didn't, so I decided to install the WebOS update today anyway, without uninstalling my patches.

For all of those curious, here are the steps I took:
    1. Started with WebOS 1.4.0 and 4 patches installed (Add Date-MM/DD, BatteryIcon as %, Call duration in Call Log, & Character Counter).

2. I ran Preware & from the menu "Updated Feeds". This showed that there was a new version of Preware (0.9.33) so I updated it.

3. Without removing any patches I went to the "Update" app and installed new WebOS version 1.4.1.1. It took a while to install (about 45minutes)

4. After the the WebOS update installed and rebooted I noticed that my patches were not running.

5. I ran Preware & from the menu "Updated Feeds". It showed that there were 4 Patch updates. They were all my old patches with new version number 1.4.1 next to them. I selected "update all".

Now everything appears to be working great with WebOS and Patches are 1.4.1. I hope this helps for anybody nervous about taking the plunge.
    Thanks guys.

========================
    Note:
    The "Call Duration in Call Log" patch had to be re-enabled by opening the phone dialer, selecting "Preferences" from the menu, then selecting "No" for "Hide Call Durations".

After I typed the above I noticed that the text message "Character Counter" does not appear to be working. FWIW the version is 1.4.1-0. I don't know if the "0" indicates that it isn't a new version, but the other patches are 1.4.1-1 and do work.
    Last edited by SirRob94; 04/02/2010 at 01:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeler View Post
    I was having this problem too. Try using Webdoctor 1.4.1 on your Pre. I did this last night and my "universal search" feature is working just fine now.
    It looks like universla search isn't working in Developer Mode for me.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    While sleeping we woke up and both phones were on a touchstone....here's froze at 6:17AM mine froze at 6:18 am....each required a battery removal and restart.....not today each device has locked 4 or 5 times each....we installed the user agent spoof....could that be it? we have a few other homebrews....is anyone else seeing this? horrible! We need help!
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRob94 View Post
    After I typed the above I noticed that the text message "Character Counter" does not appear to be working. FWIW the version is 1.4.1-0. I don't know if the "0" indicates that it isn't a new version, but the other patches are 1.4.1-1 and do work.
    The -0 means it's just a placeholder until the patch is properly updated
    by its author. Immediately following a small update like this virtually
    all the patches will update to -0 versions and then it takes a few days
    for the real updates to come in.

ian
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    My phone app isn't working properly anymore. I plugged in a headphone for a while, then unplugged. Now, when I use phone, it thinks headphones are still plugged in. I can only use in speaker mode or plug in headphones. I've closed phone app & rebooted. Very frustrating!
    I'm having problems with Bell 1.4.1 in that the network time thinks I'm in Denver and keeps reverting to that time zone (one hour off).

Also, I found out that selecting Airplane Mode from the modified shut-down menu does nothing.

Has anyone else experienced these issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by ConnyS View Post
    Several issues:
    First it just updated over night. It did not ask me, so I had not removed the theme and stuff like that. So that is a problem.
    And now my phone is completely useless
    1) After the update I don't get any data connection anymore. 1x sometimes is the max. Even at places where I used to have Ev with no problem and right before the update, all gone now. So I can only access the internet where I have WiFI access, but...
    2) WiFi has very little signal also in places where I had full signal before.
    Thus I hardly get internet, and if I do it is extremely slow!
    3) Preware does not start up anymore. (So that I could fix the themes problem.)

Have not tested much more, because without internet not much is left. I get emails, but calendar synching is basically out.

Any suggestions? (apart from doctoring my phone)
    Like this the phone is completely useless to me. Just for making phone calls I dont need a palm pre!

Reproducibility: 100% I tried restarting too, and that did not resolve the issue.
    Patches:
    -additional pages in launcher
    -1.5 seconds vibrate for email
    -2 secons vibrate for message
    -hide NFL, amazon store etc
    -answer with slides
    -end call with slider (except when with handset)
    -delete email from notification
    -add date and time to all messages

Conny
    Try running the Repair Utility, see if that works.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    My phone updated before I removed my theme. I now have some random theme elements left over, but not much else. Preware shows no theme installed, but if I try to load a new theme, I get an error stating I need to remove my theme first. I used the WebOS repair utility and have also did a partial erase, still no go. Do I need to do the full on WebOS Doctor or does someone have another idea?
    Last edited by sir_mycroft; 04/02/2010 at 01:01 PM.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    My phone updated before I removed my theme. I now have some random theme elements left over, but not much else. Preware shows no theme installed, but if I try to load a new theme, I get an error stating I need to remove my theme first. I used the WebOS repair utility and have also did a partial erase, still no go. Do I need to do the full on WebOS Doctor or does someone have another idea?
    If the repair utility didn't fix it, then yes, visit the good doc.. he'll fix ya right up!

But I'm not sure if you should wait and see if a 1.4.1 Dr. will come out. If so, then I'd try that with repair utility first.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post
    Multi Mod patch for browser hasn't updated. It keeps saying previous error. I'm not sure why but it's irritating me. And my phone shuts off a lot now. And idk why. I'm getting ****ed.
    "Multi Mod" and "no alert during call" are not working for me either. They won't update, and I can't remove it with Preware or WOSQI.

Any advice beyond EPR? I have between 30 and 40 patches installed, so I would hate to have to start all over....

Edit: I saw this elsewhere in the forum. This is the same error I am getting in Preware and WOSQI:

An error occurred while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh

Check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore –R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored – see webos-patches.log for more details
    Also, I see people mentioning a "repair utility"... Do they mean EPR (Emergency Patch Recovery) or something else?

I also did not have a chance to remove my theme before the OS updated itself over night, so it seems I can't reinstall my theme. I will look through the replies for answers to that one.
    Last edited by CooLOnE; 04/02/2010 at 02:22 PM.