Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Only real issue I have had - HORRIBLE BATTERY LIFE

Removed theme and ran EPR last night, then reinstalled all my patches manually. Everything worked fine, with the exception of a few "place holders".

Can't find virtual keyboard patch?? WOSQI or Preware.. Found and ran VKB cleanup.. still no luck.. Anybody?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    I'm not, haven't installed it yet cause I'm waiting to see if it will work with my 800 patch, I was talking about yous guys having issues already lol
    I am waiting for more info on the 800 MHz patch as well. The phone finaly runs at a good speed and I want it to stay that way, and not have to reinstall the OS.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I forgot to remove my theme before installing the update. Everything seems fine so far, except for losing the patches... Is there anything I should worry about, or anything I should do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    Is there a book somewhere were you can learn to program for the Pre? I don't know any languages other than HTML and CSS, but if I knew Pre, I'd do some developing.
    There is one out for sure and another soon as far as I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hawk View Post
    I forgot to remove my theme before installing the update. Everything seems fine so far, except for losing the patches... Is there anything I should worry about, or anything I should do?
    Not really I have updated with a theme before though it has messed up icons and stuff before and when trying to restore to the defualt theme wont always work, so you may want to doctor, but if all looks good, no need to worry either...
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee View Post
    I'm about to go to the doctor too... Same 'phone offline' problem. You wouldn't, by chance, be using an Airave would you?

My updated doctor won't be downloaded until after I leave to play some tennis, so I'll check back in about an hour and see if the doctor visit is needed / desired / unnecessary...
    No, I am not using an Airave
    Well I just visited the doctor and all I can say is don't do it...
    My phone now states(after a successful doctoring)
    "Phone Error"
    "Your phone is experiencing an error that cannot be resolved."
    "Visit palm.com/support/ for help."

The phone still states Phone Offline the carrier string, what fun....I was not even able to log into my Palm profile, never even got the chance...Looks as if I may be going to best buy soon....
    after update it shows the incorrect time.. am i stupid or is there no way to manually adjust the time
    From MY standpoint (unpatched original Pre on Sprint), the 1.4.1.1 update finally provides BOTH the speed AND battery life that SHOULD have been there at it's initial release. I'm not experiencing ANY of the "bugs" described above, and today was the FIRST time my Pre actually lasted a full 12 hrs (at work) with moderately heavy use. I suspect many of these "bugs" are due to patches, homebrew apps, etc. not playing nice with 1.4.1.

I'm hoping the WebOS development team will now turn their attention to improving the BASIC PIM functions to make them more intuitive like the old Palm OS.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jordo487 View Post
    Not really I have updated with a theme before though it has messed up icons and stuff before and when trying to restore to the defualt theme wont always work, so you may want to doctor, but if all looks good, no need to worry either...
    OK Cool. I'll probably only doctor if seems messed up. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hawk View Post
    OK Cool. I'll probably only doctor if seems messed up. Thanks
    You don't have to doctor. Just wait for Jason to have the 1.4.1(.1) compatible WebOS Repair Utility working and use that (though I think it is automatically compatible now, don't know for sure). Then just install your patches 1 by 1.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    how do I handle the add pages patch. I am going to install the update now so I ran the EPR. I am worried about the pages because it is still showing 5 pages. If I continue with the update will it delete the extra pages along with my apps?
    Quote Originally Posted by x_madhatter_x View Post
    how do I handle the add pages patch. I am going to install the update now so I ran the EPR. I am worried about the pages because it is still showing 5 pages. If I continue with the update will it delete the extra pages along with my apps?
    You can delete the add launcher page patch and it still keep the pages and apps.
    --Marvin
    Quote Originally Posted by calebjwhite View Post
    Is the "Universal Search" not working on anyone else's Pre? This used to be one of the main things I loved about the phone. Just start typing and the Pre would start looking for what you wanted. It's gone now after the update. I've restarted my phone about 6 times now and uninstalled all my patches....still not working!

I'm haveing this same problem.
    Universal search is not working on mine either... I'm probably going to doctor this thing tonight.
    Universal search is not working on mine either. I have two phones, both of which I keep to exactly the same levels of code and patches and one has the issue and the other doesnt. It started right after the 1.4.1.1 update.
    So far I have noticed a much speedier overall experience, but tonight I had to yank the battery while at a park with my daughter. I shot a video f her on the swings and then used the power button to turn the screen off but leave the video camera app full screen. This caused the phone to lock up with no screen backlight or display. I let it sit for 5 minutes then pulled battery.

I have also had 1 random luna restart. I use 2 PreWare patches. Change # of Bookmarks as well as 4x4 Icons v3.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Do the rest of you not notice the huge battery life drain with this update??? Palm, how do you release code that can be so detrimental to the overall stability of your system? These phones are not just toys for people, but actual tools used for business and emergency situations. If I can't get through even half a day without the phone completely draining to 0% what is the point? It is very apparent Palm did not thoroughly do any kind of stress/volume testing prior to release. This might be my last Palm product period and I will no longer recommend them to anyone. Sorry Palm you had your chance.
    Last edited by niknag; 04/01/2010 at 09:25 PM.
    I'm with above. Battery life is HORRIBLE. Even worse than 1.4
    Quote Originally Posted by ChilinMichael View Post
    I'm with above. Battery life is HORRIBLE. Even worse than 1.4
    One thing I've noticed is that with every update, the phone preferences are reset to the default "Automatic" setting under voice network. I always go back and change it to "Sprint Only" and get better battery life.

Assuming you are using Sprint, open the phone app, click on Sprint at the top left, select preferences and make the change under Voice Network.
    I have a new issue..

After a while my Pre won't play alert tones for both IM/SMS and eMail.

The only way I can fix it is if I push the mute button to 'on' then turn it back off.

I can't reproduce it as it happens when it feels like, BUT the audio will NOT come back unless i mute/unmute the phone using the toggle switch.

I think I'm going to hit up my Sprint account and switch to my v950.. I can't keep going with a phone that..

--edit--
    in a poor signal area I now get 10-14%/hr drain.. (was 5-7%)
    in good signal area I get about 5%/hr (used to be 1-2%)
    1) has HORRIBLE battery life since the update.. (was better with 1.4, now worse in 1.4.1.1, but 1.3.X was MUCH better in battery life)
    2) keeps missing calls (i.e. never rings but I'll get an alert that a call was missed)
    3) alert tones will mute themselves

but on the positive, i have not had any Luna restarts (yet..)
    Having visited the doctor, I'll now try my pre for a day without any patches or homebrews... (I might have a homebrew instead). Hopefully this will be a speedy and battery happy experience...
    --
    Visor Deluxe > Visor Platinum > Visor Pro > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Pre > EVO 4G