Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 20 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Works fine here on Sprint 1.4.1.1.
    Universal search also working fine on my Sprint Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Universal search also working fine on my Sprint Pre.
    I checked my search and it is working.

So far the only issues I am having are calls not ringing my phone, and major battery drains in low signal areas (worse than 1.4.0)

Battery life was much better under 1.3.5 in low signal areas
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Does anyone else have the problem where IM only works when WiFi is turned off. I've had this issue since 1.4 and still have it with the latest update. I am using Google Talk and the Facebook Chat which I just installed with the spoof. However the IM problem was happening well before I installed the Facebook Chat patch today.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Anyone not having this problem? I'm holding off installing 1.4.1x until
    I hear more on this. I use US to launch *everything*.

ian
    US works perfectly on my Pre under 1.4.1.1 with Preware and about 7 patches.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    There are several things here that I can not reproduce.

2. Universal search not working.

If you are having either of the above two issues, what troubleshooting have you done to try to resolve the issue?
    I had set up an Exchange server account to my work server that they subsequently locked me out of (long story). Under the hope that they would reinstate it, and to not lose the contacts that were copied to the phone, I didn't remove the account.

I have a suspicion that universal search is failing because it is attempting to hit the global address search and locking up. I am in the process of removing the account right now to see if that fixes the issue.

This is what the screen looks like when I try to use universal search:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Yikes, this is a bad one, and it really highlights the need for Edit UNDO. When editing text, for example, in a memo, then trackball left, it wipes out all of the selected text and replaces it with a funny "H" with a "^" over it.

A few things to note if you are reporting webOS bugs to help us try to identify what is going on.

1. Reproducibility - (e.g. 50%)
    Every time

2. Exact Steps to replicate (if necessary)
    1. In a large text field (for example, a memo, the notes field of a calendar item, the message part of an e-mail message), hold gesture area and press A (select all text)

2. Hold down the control ("orange") button until the cursor changes to the trackball.

3. Swipe to the left.

In previous releases, the cursor would be at the beginning of the text field. Since the 1.4.1 update, all of the text is deleted, and replaced with a single character.

3. Previous webOS version and if you update OTA or via doctor
    Previous version - 1.4. Updated OTA.

4. Patches that are installed on the device
    I had several patches installed, but they were disabled via AUPT, and this problem appeared before restoring them.

Also we often like to collect log files from devices, this gives us insight as to what actions the device is doing when it has this "problem." Most communication to attempt to capture this data is done via private messenger.
    I will be glad to provide any diagnostic data that you request.
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    I even Doctored my phone hoping the Universal Search would start working again...still doing the same thing. I am wondering if it has to do with the Exchange server? Do the people with a failed Universal Search have an Exchange account set up?
    damn this sucks for all you guys that have problems. Am I the only person that the new update helped other then the engadget app. It fixed my sprint navigation, my trapster app, and sprint tv which were basically all my problems.
    On 02 UK Palm Pre and now none of the 3 3D EA Games (Monopoly/Need For Speed/The Sims) show up in App Catalog, even though 02 still say they are available for download.

Anyone else had this problem ?
    jus installed the update...i miss the 800mhz already lol went to preware and of my 27 patches 24 reinstalled the only three that didn't are device temp warnings video camera flashlight and virtual keyboard so I'm not too disappointed
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKinsman View Post
    Yikes, this is a bad one, and it really highlights the need for Edit UNDO. When editing text, for example, in a memo, then trackball left, it wipes out all of the selected text and replaces it with a funny "H" with a "^" over it.

Every time

1. In a large text field (for example, a memo, the notes field of a calendar item, the message part of an e-mail message), hold gesture area and press A (select all text)

2. Hold down the control ("orange") button until the cursor changes to the trackball.

3. Swipe to the left.

In previous releases, the cursor would be at the beginning of the text field. Since the 1.4.1 update, all of the text is deleted, and replaced with a single character.

Previous version - 1.4. Updated OTA.

I had several patches installed, but they were disabled via AUPT, and this problem appeared before restoring them.

I will be glad to provide any diagnostic data that you request.
    No need for a log file I was able to reproduce on my own device and have submitted the issue.

Palm has logged this in its software issue tracking system. We endeavor to continuously improve our software quality and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are grateful to the community and will evaluate options based on customer feedback and software best practices.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Alright, here's a new issue. My phone has gone 'offline' several times today after the update. I am using a Sprint Airave femtocell... maybe that is an issue as it is always a 1X connection... Toggling airplane mode will bring it back... but that's a pain!

I thought it might have been patch related but removing battery percent and such on the top line did not improve. (Now that I think about it, I don't know why they should affect it anyway.)

Also getting bad battery life now..

--
    Visor Deluxe > Visor Platinum > Visor Pro > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Pre > EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post
    Do I have to uninstall the 720MHz kernel if I'm webos doctoring the phone? Or will it doctor that too?
    yeah def should uninstall that beforehand
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    I've had this problem ever since 1.4 and I never had that patch.
    For me the problem occurs totally randomly so it's not like I can make
    a change and know immediately if the problem is gone. It can take
    hours, or even a couple days before the background apps die again.
    I've seen many people report the symptoms (freezing phone app on
    launch, or email jumps to first time use screen, or simply missed
    calls and messages) but most people don't realize that they're all
    caused by the same thing, the background apps dying by themselves.

If you had temperature warning patch I assume you had 800Mhz kernel patch before.
    Did you by any chance install the 800Mhz patch over 1.4.1? If so, you've reverted your
    linux kernel back to 1.4 which would certainly explain why a 1.4 app crashing
    bug could return.

ian

i had the restart on 1.4.0 too and I had it overclocked before 1.4.1.1 I removed all patches and the kernel but I forgot to remove the "temperature patch" so after the update it updated the patch and my palm pre would restart luna 4 times in an hour and the phone app and email app would got killed... after I removed that patch I have no longer issues with luna restarts or the phone app or email app dying
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Follow-up to my post: after removing the Exchange server account and rebooting, still no universal search.
    Just updated mine a little bit ago. Pre updates fine, I turn it back on and in the carrier string area it states "Phone offline". (No i did not have the radio toggle patch either) I talked with Sprint for an hour, tried every type of phone reset possible that does not involve an erase, nothing worked. So they told me I would have to contact Palm or call in my warranty, before I do anything like that I am going to doctor the phone now, I will post back and say if it worked.
    One good thing is that I now have my MSL number
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by esoneill View Post
    I have a Sprint Pre with 1.4.1.1, and my universal search works perfectly.

For those who don't have it: what happens when you type? Nothing at all? Do phone numbers work? Can you search inside the apps (like Phone or Contacts)?
    I have no problems with the universal search function, in fact... it works faster and has a better UI look to it when pulling up what I am looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Runningwarrior08 View Post
    Just updated mine a little bit ago. Pre updates fine, I turn it back on and in the carrier string area it states "Phone offline". (No i did not have the radio toggle patch either) I talked with Sprint for an hour, tried every type of phone reset possible that does not involve an erase, nothing worked. So they told me I would have to contact Palm or call in my warranty, before I do anything like that I am going to doctor the phone now, I will post back and say if it worked.
    One good thing is that I now have my MSL number
    I'm about to go to the doctor too... Same 'phone offline' problem. You wouldn't, by chance, be using an Airave would you?

My updated doctor won't be downloaded until after I leave to play some tennis, so I'll check back in about an hour and see if the doctor visit is needed / desired / unnecessary...
    --
    Visor Deluxe > Visor Platinum > Visor Pro > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Pre > EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKinsman View Post

Why are you doing a select-all before trying to jump to the beginning of
    the text with the "trackpad"? As soon as you move the cursor it would
    unselect everything anyway, so why bother doing it in the first place?

ian
    I am having copy/paste issues esp in email. Phone still freezes. Cannot edit fwd'd emails anymore. Of couse I've lost a few tweeks even the ones that say there updated to 1.4.1 gives me the ipk error message. Phones moves slower.

I will update this message when I find more errors.

Sprint|Palm Pre|webOS 1.4.1
    x0x0, iPrinces