Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Flam, the patches will be updated over the next few days. Just leave them alone and check in with Preware and do the updates each day until they are all back.
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    Google Maps are back to 4to5 seconds to load instead of 15to20 seconds. Sprint/Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post
    Has it addressed the stupid "random restart" problem, where the backlight won't turn on and then when it does, luna resets?
    Well, this wasn't encouraging, but just after installing 1.4.1.1 and getting back in saying update successful, I went through 4-5 diff apps, 1 of them being preware and updated the save&restore app. I then turned the screen off and a few minutes later went to turn it back on and bam, it did this same thing. screen stayed dark for several power button presses, then came on and instantly luna restarted. This was the same issue I had in 1.4.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    And I have had 3 pauses in my download/unpacking. I really do find this funny, it's like my phone is protesting the bugs being taken away (I hope), I have never had any webOS update disconnected/interrupted/cut off.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Mobile Hotspot updated and is now working on my Sprint Pre.

and that picture overwrote another one, so I guess they didn't fix that.

edit: well, now it's not obtaining an IP address. hm
    Last edited by Andymac85; 03/31/2010 at 10:24 PM.
    Updating patches now in preware. This is great
    Quote Originally Posted by Andymac85 View Post
    How'd you get Mobile Hotspot on your Sprint Pre?
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Well, this wasn't encouraging, but just after installing 1.4.1.1 and getting back in saying update successful, I went through 4-5 diff apps, 1 of them being preware and updated the save&restore app. I then turned the screen off and a few minutes later went to turn it back on and bam, it did this same thing. screen stayed dark for several power button presses, then came on and instantly luna restarted. This was the same issue I had in 1.4.
    i was experiencing most of these same issues when i first downloaded 1.4 and then i did a doctor and most went away. 1.4 is all sorts of janky, my recommendation to anyone running an update of 1.4.1.1 on top of 1.4 is suck it up and do a doctor. my pre is so nice now. web over wifi faster than i have ever seen it.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre1 View Post
    i was experiencing most of these same issues when i first downloaded 1.4 and then i did a doctor and most went away. 1.4 is all sorts of janky, my recommendation to anyone running an update of 1.4.1.1 on top of 1.4 is suck it up and do a doctor. my pre is so nice now. web over wifi faster than i have ever seen it.
    I may do it if I still have bugs, but I had never doctor'd my Pre until after 1.4. I installed 1.4 and everything was fine for two days, I doctor'd it just for the hell of it and the final product was all the common 1.4 bugs. doctoring the phone gave me the problems for some reason. Like you said though, 1.4 is just janky.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    I may do it if I still have bugs, but I had never doctor'd my Pre until after 1.4. I installed 1.4 and everything was fine for two days, I doctor'd it just for the hell of it and the final product was all the common 1.4 bugs. doctoring the phone gave me the problems for some reason. Like you said though, 1.4 is just janky.
    hmm. interesting they arise after the doctoring. i doctored because the 1.4 updated cycled through multiple unpacking cycles which didn't seem good and my pre was pretty bad after the final install. i assumed that most of the problems people were having with 1.4 seemed to happen because a lack of a clean install that exacerbated most of the issues with 1.4. it would seem to me the only way to get rid of these errant code errors would be to doctor. the truth is i know F all about software coding and i don't even know if this is a possibility but in my naive mind it makes sense.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre1 View Post
    hmm. interesting they arise after the doctoring. i doctored because the 1.4 updated cycled through multiple unpacking cycles which didn't seem good and my pre was pretty bad after the final install. i assumed that most of the problems people were having with 1.4 seemed to happen because a lack of a clean install that exacerbated most of the issues with 1.4. it would seem to me the only way to get rid of these errant code errors would be to doctor. the truth is i know F all about software coding and i don't even know if this is a possibility but in my naive mind it makes sense.
    I am sure for most people the opposite of what happened to me is how it goes/went for them. Sometimes weird things just happen, not a huge deal since they should be fixed now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andymac85 View Post

and that picture overwrote another one, so I guess they didn't fix that.

edit: well, now it's not obtaining an IP address. hm
    I wouldn't recommend using your Pre to give your PS3 internet, unless only for the PS3's built in web browser. Otherwise the lag would kill you
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    I wouldn't recommend using your Pre to give your PS3 internet, unless only for the PS3's built in web browser. Otherwise the lag would kill you
    I just want to know how to get Mobile Hotspot on my Pre...
    Downloaded 1.4.1.1 on my Sprint Pre.

This is the first time, ever, that I see significant performance improvement in the webOS. I've read so many old threads here in the prior WebOS update, claiming performance improvement, but I really didn't see any, nada.

With 1.4.1.1, the apps launch super fast... The Weather Channel app launches almost instantly; the camera starts in just barely over 1 second... this is almost the best update ever.... although it broke the Engadget "App" (Seriously, it's not an app really, don't kid yourself)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozmodiar View Post
    I just want to know how to get Mobile Hotspot on my Pre...
    To get it on is easy. You need to have the IPK from some time ago when it was leaked.

But to get it working is a whole other show. You have to get the service installed/running, etc. Don't know how the above poster got it working on a Sprint Pre (short of getting the files off a Verizon/O2 Pre).
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    The words in the App Catalog's "Browse" section look slightly different now...

Used to be "Categories", "Recent" and "Popular" (something like that", now the 2nd and 3rd items are "What's New" and "Hottest Apps"
    Before i do the 1.4.1.1 update , do i post to remove my 800Mhz overclocking patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by christcentric View Post
    Hardbeatz, please convey my thanks to the hardworking developers at Palm.

One thing i would like to ask is this: why is it that users in "unofficial countries" still can't see any apps? what is the official policy behind this? the main reason for our frustration not that we can't get our apps; but that Palm seems to be keeping silent on this. could you help shed some light (and not in the vague tech-support lingo)?

thanks once again
    We allow application access based on where your palm profile was created. (e.g. you have to create your profile with the device being in one of our officially supported areas). I can't comment on to the why's, I don't know that information, it can be anywhere from legal issues up to just cya type stuff, not entirely sure.

I can't state if that will even ever change. I imagine if there was ever such an animal as an unlocked device that would possibly have to be modified in some way (don't get any hopes up I'm not hinting at anything, just stating the only possible case scenario I can think of where this might ever change).

I know it is a pain, but if you can get access to a SIM card from one of our approved countries then create your profile with that SIM card in the device, you should have access to that countries applications. You should then be able to go back to your own SIM card and use the device fine.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    With the last update I went straight to the doctor and I was very very pleased with the result. I've decided to do the same thing this time. I definitely recommend it if you have any patches installed!
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    True, they really need to get that fixed, or a watermark or tag-line that says, from P|C mobile
    That's Why We Need Te Flash That Keeps Stalling (Not At You... More At Adobe)
    Hi Everybody!!!
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast