Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Use the Anticipation Thread until webOS 1.4.1 is released.

Please post your feedback about the new webOS update into the appropriate forum:

webOS 1.4.1 New Features & Changes

webOS 1.4.1 Issues

webOS 1.4.1 Discussion

webOS 1.4.1 Patch Discussion

There will be some differences between the different carriers and models so please post your carrier and model.

webOS Updates
    The developers tell us that you may not need to remove the new AUPT patches before the update but you still need to remove any themes and you MUST REMOVE ANY OVERCLOCK PATCHES

Remove all Patches and Themes - From Getting Started: WebOS Quick Install:
    1. Remove themes. Click ToolsThemer Revert to Default
    2. Remove all patches. Click ToolsTweaksRun EPRLuna Restart

Remove all Patches and Themes - From Getting Started: Preware:
    1. Remove themes. Tap Installed Packages Theme → Tap your theme → Remove → OK OK
    2. Remove all patches. Tap List of Everything then type "emergency" and tap Emergency Patch RecoveryInstall
    3. Restart your phone. Press these buttons at the same time: Orange-Sym-R

Please post only new features and changes in this thread - issues go in the issue thread.

Big thanks to Milominderbinder for providing the format for these official threads!
    So, may I ask of the people who have gotten this update, did it address the constant "too many cards" error? Also: did it speed anything up? or was this just a bugfixing mission?
    Some Release Notes would be nice.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    That first link is rather circular don't you think? Think you could make that a non-link and note that it is *this* thread?
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Bad idea making the thread title "New Features and Changes" and then not listing any. thorne
    Got this response from the Official Palm Form

When the release is officially posted and notes are up, I will update this post: Latest webOS update Release Notes - Palm Support Community
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I am having brutal multiple keystroke issues on Pre+ I just got my 4th one directly from Palm and it's a refurb that has been "tested" and it was multiple typing one key out of the box and now 5 days later 5 or 6 keys a multiple typing!

The Palm rep says that this "software issue" has been addressed in 1.4.1. Can anyone confirm this?
    Version: webOS 1.4.1
    Release date: 31 March 2010
    New applications

NONE

Feature changes to existing applications

App Catalog
    • You can now purchase and download apps that are for sale, in addition to downloading free apps.

Bluetooth
    • This release fixes an issue so that the phone now correctly connects with supported BMW car kits.

Camera
    • This release corrects a lag in the shutter sound when you take a picture.
    • This release fixes an issue so that newly taken photos and videos do not overwrite existing ones.

Contacts
    • If you crop a picture before adding it to a contact, the picture appears cropped correctly in the contact entry.
    • If you previously assigned either the Z or the B key as a speed dial, you can now continue to create speed dials.

Doc View
    • If you open a file and perform the back gesture, the app now returns to the file list screen.
    • Pinching in/out to zoom out/in now works correctly.

Messaging
    • If you try to attach a video to an outgoing multimedia message, the list of available videos now displays only videos you recorded.

PDF View
    • If you open a file and perform the back gesture, the app now returns to the file list screen.
    • Pinching in/out to zoom out/in now works correctly.

System
    • This release fixes an intermittent issue so that the volume slider no longer appears onscreen incorrectly.
    • This release fixes an intermittent issue so that after the screen more reliably turns on after a single press of the power button.

Touchstone charging dock
    • When the phone is on a Touchstone charging dock, the screen now consistently turns off correctly (displaying the lock icon and the time) after the shut-off interval.

Videos
    • If you record a video, upload the video to YouTube, and send a link to the video via email, the email recipient can click the link and view the video. Previously, clicking the link displayed an error message.
    • This release fixes an issue so that when you upload a video to YouTube, the file always includes both video and audio.

Web
    • The forward gesture now works correctly in the browser
    last edited on 03-31-2010 02:56 PM

The latest webOS update notes are located on the Palm Support website, please see the applicable Knowledgebase article for more details:

O2 Pre (English): http://www.palm.com/webos-pre-o2-en
    Golly. I'm a little concerned that the memory issues introduced in 1.4 aren't listed. I hope they fixed something here...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I do not read that says nothing about the bug multitasking
  12.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by despinova View Post
    I do not read that says nothing about the bug multitasking
    Yeah me neither, I hope it was just too esoteric for them to include in the changelog. We'll see.
    don't get your hopes up ppl, Palm more than likey will wait until the release of Evo to REALLY address the critical issues with the Palm Pre
    Release notes for the carriers that have started to get 1.4.1.

If you check back to this link, you should see when they start delivery to additional carriers.

Remember to vote for the Pre+ over at laptopmag.com (you can access the voting from the right side of the PalmCentral home page)

Latest webOS update Release Notes - Palm Support Community
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    webOS Updates
    The developers tell us that you may not need to remove the new AUPT patches before the update but you still need to remove any themes and you MUST REMOVE ANY OVERCLOCK PATCHES
    How do we know what patches are AUPT patches?
    I snapshotted the list of packages that are unpacked to the phone:
    WebOS 1.4.1 (German/O2) Filelist:

/dev/mapper/store-update on /var/lib/update type ext3 (rw,noatime,data=ordered)
    root@palm-webos-device:/var/lib/update# ls
    audiod.ipk gst-plugins-good.ipk kernel-modules.ipk ondevicedemod.ipk
    camsrc-omap34xx.ipk initscripts.ipk kernel.ipk ossinfo.ipk
    castleumtsfw-row.ipk install-first-update.sh libavcodec.ipk palmbuildinfo.ipk
    com.palm.app.calendar.ipk install-first.ipk libavdevice.ipk palmcustomizationinfo-wr.ipk
    com.palm.app.camera.ipk install-first.sh libavformat.ipk palmmp4mux.ipk
    com.palm.app.clock.ipk java-com.palm.accountservices.ipk libavutil.ipk pdfadapter.ipk
    com.palm.app.crotest.ipk java-com.palm.carriernetworksettings.ipk libswscale.ipk pmbtengine.ipk
    com.palm.app.dataimport.ipk java-com.palm.customization.ipk logctld.ipk pmbtstack.ipk
    com.palm.app.deviceinfo.ipk java-com.palm.mail.ipk luna-applauncher.ipk pmbtstartup.ipk
    com.palm.app.docviewer.ipk java-com.palm.messaging.ipk luna-downloadmgr.ipk pmcasper.ipk
    com.palm.app.help.ipk java-com.palm.telephony.ipk luna-keymaps.ipk pmnetconfigmanager.ipk
    com.palm.app.messaging.ipk kernel-dev.ipk luna-media-shim.ipk pmwifidriver.ipk
    com.palm.app.phone.ipk kernel-image-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430.ipk luna-sysservice.ipk pmwifiservice.ipk
    com.palm.app.phoneprefs.ipk kernel-module-ecb.ipk mediaserver.ipk sweatshop-wr-castle.ipk
    com.palm.app.photos.ipk kernel-module-ifb.ipk metascene.videos.base.ipk systemsoundsloader.ipk
    com.palm.app.updates.ipk kernel-module-nbd.ipk mobilehotspotd.ipk telephonyinterfacelayer1gsm.ipk
    com.palm.app.wifi.ipk kernel-module-oprofile.ipk mojo.ipk tiopenmax.ipk
    dnsmasq.ipk kernel-module-pcbc.ipk ntpdate.ipk transcodeserver.ipk
    ffmpeg.ipk kernel-module-scsi-wait-scan.ipk officeadapter.ipk
    WebOS 1.4.1 (German/O2) Filelist:

/dev/mapper/store-update on /var/lib/update type ext3 (rw,noatime,data=ordered)
    root@palm-webos-device:/var/lib/update# ls
    audiod.ipk
    gst-plugins-good.ipk
    kernel-modules.ipk
    ondevicedemod.ipk
    camsrc-omap34xx.ipk
    initscripts.ipk
    kernel.ipk
    ossinfo.ipk
    castleumtsfw-row.ipk
    install-first-update.sh
    libavcodec.ipk
    palmbuildinfo.ipk
    com.palm.app.calendar.ipk
    install-first.ipk
    libavdevice.ipk
    palmcustomizationinfo-wr.ipk
    com.palm.app.camera.ipk
    install-first.sh
    libavformat.ipk
    palmmp4mux.ipk
    com.palm.app.clock.ipk
    java-com.palm.accountservices.ipk
    libavutil.ipk
    pdfadapter.ipk
    com.palm.app.crotest.ipk
    java-com.palm.carriernetworksettings.ipk
    libswscale.ipk
    pmbtengine.ipk
    com.palm.app.dataimport.ipk
    java-com.palm.customization.ipk
    logctld.ipk
    pmbtstack.ipk
    com.palm.app.deviceinfo.ipk
    java-com.palm.mail.ipk
    luna-applauncher.ipk
    pmbtstartup.ipk
    com.palm.app.docviewer.ipk
    java-com.palm.messaging.ipk
    luna-downloadmgr.ipk
    pmcasper.ipk
    com.palm.app.help.ipk
    java-com.palm.telephony.ipk
    luna-keymaps.ipk
    pmnetconfigmanager.ipk
    com.palm.app.messaging.ipk
    kernel-dev.ipk
    luna-media-shim.ipk
    pmwifidriver.ipk
    com.palm.app.phone.ipk
    kernel-image-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430.ipk
    luna-sysservice.ipk
    pmwifiservice.ipk
    com.palm.app.phoneprefs.ipk
    kernel-module-ecb.ipk
    mediaserver.ipk
    sweatshop-wr-castle.ipk
    com.palm.app.photos.ipk
    kernel-module-ifb.ipk
    metascene.videos.base.ipk
    systemsoundsloader.ipk
    com.palm.app.updates.ipk
    kernel-module-nbd.ipk
    mobilehotspotd.ipk
    telephonyinterfacelayer1gsm.ipk
    com.palm.app.wifi.ipk
    kernel-module-oprofile.ipk
    mojo.ipk
    tiopenmax.ipk
    dnsmasq.ipk
    kernel-module-pcbc.ipk
    ntpdate.ipk
    transcodeserver.ipk
    ffmpeg.ipk
    kernel-module-scsi-wait-scan.ipk
    officeadapter.ipk
    There were also some changes to the way the system does garbage collection. This should help with some of the memory issues introduced in 1.4.
    I have just updated my UK pre and have found that the phone is a lot smoother, no problems with cards.

Never had no problems with multi key stokes before so cant answer if thats been fixed.

On the main working fine...now just to reinstall the 800mhz patch............

Engadget app now longer works at the mo!
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast