Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Sorry if this is redundant. Now have separate dashboard notifications for each email account. This is a great addition.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Searhing this thread didn't bring up any results, so I just add a finding here.

As of 1.4.1 I can finally use backspace when either caps lock or num lock is enabled.
    Why does the first post still ask to uninstall all patches, AUPT via preware, i thought we only had to "update" all patches now? Ive already looked for the EPR and it was not in Preware anywhere cuz I usually do that to be safe. Then i read all about the AUPT and realized I dont have to do that anymore...is everyone still uninstalling all patches? Or is this affecting the update?
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone516 View Post
    So, may I ask of the people who have gotten this update, did it address the constant "too many cards" error? Also: did it speed anything up? or was this just a bugfixing mission?
    I don't know about others, but my sprint Pre (Aug 09) is snappier, and quicker. I have not had "Too Many Cards" warning since update. I have had 10+ cards open. Today I had pandora playing, messaging open in background, while I was playing monopoly, something I couldn't do before. A call came in, everything paused, and I answered, then went back to my game/music. It would have been a great commercial!
    hey can anyone please give me some info on wifi tethering?....and how can i do it. i dont mind paying
    So can anyone tell me exactly what changes are made with the 1.4.1.1

Just when I get used to something, an update happens and it seams like I have to learn teh phone all over again
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Got the notification of the 1.4.1 update last night and wanted to wait until I uninstalled the overclock patch, so I said "no" to the update. Forgot that it would auto install the next time I charged my phone and it just installed when I plugged in at work this morning.

Everything seems to be working fine even though I didn't remove the overclock patch first. Did I luck out or does anyone have some info about what, if anything, I need to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by golferal View Post
    Got the notification of the 1.4.1 update last night and wanted to wait until I uninstalled the overclock patch, so I said "no" to the update. Forgot that it would auto install the next time I charged my phone and it just installed when I plugged in at work this morning.

Everything seems to be working fine even though I didn't remove the overclock patch first. Did I luck out or does anyone have some info about what, if anything, I need to do?
    +1
    I had the same thing happen. It seems to be working fine it just seemed to reset the speed back to standard. I had to reinstall the overclock patch and things are fast again.
    glad for the list of fixes....i didn't notice any at first look
    anyone has checked their clock speed? i have read somewhere that this update gave the pre a boost to 600mhz (stock was 500mhz)
    its nice to know someone else ids having similar problems, i havent even been able to update to 1.4.1 yet for some reason.... validation error?!?
    you need a prre plus.
    i too am going on my 4th one - it seems that the QC guys are sleeping or something. the first 2 had dead shorts (complete battery drop or restarts) from the proximity sensor and also from closing the keyboard - so random! and now the 3rd is the same as yours. i try to type something and get "ddroppp kiiiccck it" instead of what i'm really planning for it - i cld VZW and there switching it out once again??? not sure how thats a software thing when it happens all the time - often before it gets to a word creation (or correction). hope its a HW issue since the OS itself seems to be getting quite smooth these days!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    I think the Sprint and Verizon updates are being held up a little longer just like what Palm did for 1.4 Sprint and Verizon got it first, now the tables are turning and we are getting the next update last.
    Would only make it fair.
    I just got my Palm Pre Plus from Verizon last Friday. So far really liking it!

Over the weekend I downloaded v1.4 of webOS. This v1.4.1 being discussed here, who has that been released to? I only got 1.4 with my update?
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Guidos Dad View Post

Over the weekend I downloaded v1.4 of webOS. This v1.4.1 being discussed here, who has that been released to? I only got 1.4 with my update?
    1.4.1 was released internationally (outside US) and 1.4.1.1 to Sprint only. VZW is still testing 1.4.1.1 before releasing it.

check this out: http://www.precentral.net/webos-1411-hits-sprint
    My keystroke problem seems to be gone. before the update my most used key was the backspace. Also my keyboard stays lit while on touchstone. A nice feature when I pull over to text at night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guidos Dad View Post

1.4.1.1 for Verizon was released early yesterday. Try to download it now.

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

I can definitely say my pre is 100% better at typing out texts and email and not double typing or missing letters. This is really 100% better thank you palm! Also I am seeing a faster experience in the browser it would seem but maybe I was just in a high coverage area. (vzw pre btw) Anyway great update for the keyboard if nothing else!!!
    I'm on Verizon and the update also fixed my keyboard issues.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast