Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I am on Sprint and 1.4.1.1 is great. For the first, I was able to open Asphalt 5 with two other Apps (email and calendar) opened at the same time, play the game and did not crash.

I don't know what "minor" fixes did this, but it is great. Know everything seems faster. I have not seen the error about too many card. But I need to see how it works with a full use.

For now, 1.4.1.1 is the best update so far.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    Wait Sprint has mobile hotspot? I thought that was just Verizon. If sowhere do i get it?
    Preware guis!

Yeah, I'm in LA with a Sprint Pre, things are MUCH faster with 1.4.1.1. Thanks to all the Palm Devs who read these forums!!
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I've been searching the boards and have not seen any info...am I the only one who got a new app with the 1.4.1.1 update? It's a new app called Unwired. I've not heard of this before. I'm still searching it out to learn more about it. Anyone know about this app?
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I've got more info, just in case you're curious...this is the company's website: Unwired Nation: Welcome
    apps launching faster, calendar scrolling from day to day faster,i am veey happy so far!
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by firstbeat View Post
    I am having brutal multiple keystroke issues on Pre+ I just got my 4th one directly from Palm and it's a refurb that has been "tested" and it was multiple typing one key out of the box and now 5 days later 5 or 6 keys a multiple typing!

The Palm rep says that this "software issue" has been addressed in 1.4.1. Can anyone confirm this?
    I was having the same issue on my Sprint Pre after the 1.4 update and it was driving me BAT CUS insane!!!! Fixed with my 1.4.1.1 update so hold in there your fix is around the corner
    Quote Originally Posted by wsc615 View Post
    I've been searching the boards and have not seen any info...am I the only one who got a new app with the 1.4.1.1 update? It's a new app called Unwired. I've not heard of this before. I'm still searching it out to learn more about it. Anyone know about this app?

Only new ap I have is the "Sprint Football Live" application.
    Is there going to be any fixes where memos from older palms (ie, tungsten) can be transfered onto the pre...i know, i know, you can but there needs to be a way to categorize them....
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone516 View Post
    So, may I ask of the people who have gotten this update, did it address the constant "too many cards" error? Also: did it speed anything up? or was this just a bugfixing mission?
    I just got a too many cards error. Palm still has there heads up there rears.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abendugo View Post
    I just got a too many cards error. Palm still has there heads up there rears.
    Too many cards error just means there's not enough memory at
    the moment to launch an app, which can be caused by any number of
    previous apps using a lot of memory that hasn't been freed yet. Due to
    the very nature of garbage collection it doesn't happen *immediately*
    because it would hamper performance, so you can either choose to wait,
    or install JSTop and force it to kill background apps and garbage
    collect yourself.

This error is *never* going to go away completely. Some of us very rarely
    see it, so if you see it a lot, it's likely due to the type and order of apps
    you run.

ian
    Did you notice on that Unwired Nation website "Voice Publishing" Maybe we will get voice recording sometime soon!!
    Handspring Visor Deluxe - Palm V - Palm Vx - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 680 - Centro- PRE!!!
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    What I want to know is if they've sorted out all the clock errors,
    and the random crashing background apps (phone/email/messaging would
    die causing you to not get incoming calls or messages or emails).

ian
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    It seems that fileCoaster now works perfectly under 1.4.1.1. I couldn't get it to work at all under 1.4.0.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I'm noticing a delay with my notifications. I hear the text message alert sound and the notification just sort of comes up half way and then disappears into the dashboard.
    I don't know if anyone else was still having the issue of ringtones not playing in the preview pane of Sounds & Ringtones, but 1.4.1.1 fixed it for me.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    By definition, 1.4.1.1 means they are telling us this is not a significant update. It's an error-fixing update only. If they release 1.4.2 or 1.5, expect big changes. Otherwise don't get ahead of yourself too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by jorgesicas View Post
    don't get your hopes up ppl, Palm more than likey will wait until the release of Evo to REALLY address the critical issues with the Palm Pre
    What are you basing this on? With what other update has Palm "waited" on a competing product before releasing their updat?
    Quote Originally Posted by despinova View Post
    [IMG]

Goodbye also to "hang"
    wow!! This is the utmost important fix! To tell the true, I have not much interest to update for I need to give up 800mhz patch before. But the fact that I had missed hone call in 1.4 almost drove me to give up the whole pre. I will certainly update to 1.41 now
    when you run Emergency Patch Recovery that removes the OVERCLOCK PATCHES right
    did they handle the daylights savings time errors...because I can't change their time back to the correct time in 1.4.0