Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Likely a software problem with the Verizon Pre Plus as it doesn't happen on the Sprint Pre. People like above have gotten multiple replacements and the same issue. However, I have seen several Verizon Pre's that do not have the problem. ???
    the keyboard i believe is a hardware issue. i replaced mine directly from Palm, and no problems. 2 out of the 4 pre+ i had, exhibited the keyboard duplicate and triplicate problem. all 4 have the gps BS issue. i hope that's being fixed with this update. by the time i look up google maps for traffic issues, and it finally pinpoints me, I'm already stuck in traffic.
    Hum.. 1€ ≠ 1$ Dammit! >.<
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    There's a few patches that are popping up ipk errors when trying to update, most are ok though. However most of these updates are simply placeholders for future updates. I am sure Jason and crew will get on their game like always and we'll have 1.4.1.1 patch updates within the next few days.
    Running Homebrew on my Pre, Wii, PSP and DS. The DS ruined the rhyming that was going on there...sigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by buddytammy View Post
    Mobile hot spot works
    Quote Originally Posted by idoc21 View Post
    Ha! Mine too. So, after 1.3.5 was updated to 1.4, I never took the mobile hotspot off of my Sprint phone...after this update, I was able to update mobile hotspot app to 1.0.14 and am connected to that right now on my laptop typing this. Sweet.
    I turned mine on and as soon as my laptop connected, a message popped up in bright red saying that my plan doesnt have provisions for this service, contact Sprint.

Goodbye also to "hang"
    well I use mytether now. But I'm glad MHS is working as well.
    Last edited by ivan1.ruiz; 03/31/2010 at 09:40 PM.
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    anyone has the updated 1.0.14 mobile hotspot? Pm requested I have to "ask" questions a"about it"
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Paid version of MyTether is working perfectly. I am using it to post this now.
    Running Homebrew on my Pre, Wii, PSP and DS. The DS ruined the rhyming that was going on there...sigh.
    Is is just me...or does everything seem snappier under 1.4.1.1?

The camera seems to load much quicker, and the Web browser is doing that annoying "I'm going to load 90% and pause for 30 seconds" routine less often.

In general, most apps seem to load in about half the time they did under 1.4.0.

And...oh...the Sprint's NFL app is now called Sprint Football Live. No surprise there.

Now all I have to do is wait a couple of days so I can re-patch to hide it again.
    It may just be the lack of patches (i only run 10 or so, so I doubt it) but it does seem much smoother. No hang-ups, moving between cards has no stutter. Definitely think it's working better post update.

Can also confirm: Engadget app is no good for the moment.
    TMC errors seems to have been significantly reduced. When browsing, I've only been able to open a few windows before getting the error. It has been driving me crazy and was preparing to get the 800 patch as I hear that fixes the problem. Just now (after updating) I tried to make the error occur but I couldn't. Now my phone is sitting beside me as I am typing this and it the error message just occured. I have 10 cards open and there were probably that many that I had opened but had closed. So I did get the error message but not nearly as soon as I have been before the update. I'd estimate 70% of the problem has been eliminated.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSlug View Post
    Is is just me...or does everything seem snappier under 1.4.1.1?

The camera seems to load much quicker, and the Web browser is doing that annoying "I'm going to load 90% and pause for 30 seconds" routine less often.

In general, most apps seem to load in about half the time they did under 1.4.0.

And...oh...the Sprint's NFL app is now called Sprint Football Live. No surprise there.

Now all I have to do is wait a couple of days so I can re-patch to hide it again.
    Yup, it's aloooooot snappier!
    So the test, for me, was to see how fast GoogleMaps opened on my Sprint Pixi.

It went from 20-22 seconds down to 11!

Yay, thank you Palm programmers
    Minor differences are noticeable in the app catalog. Instead of Recent it now says "Whats New" instead of popular it now says "Hottest Apps"
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by thatshowido41 View Post
    Am I the only one excited about the volume button issue being fixed? And about the "black-screen-pause" effect when you tap the power button to turn the screen on? I know for some users this caused resets when users tried to force the screen on by opening the slider. Good to see it has been addressed.

That camera lag was getting ridiculous too
    YES - these are definitely the two bugs from the last release that I am most excited about! DEFINITELY happy with Palm, great phone and OS.... just anxious for flash to hit the catalog!
    one bug that i'm glad was fixed was in the interactive tests with the pinch-zoom test; it actually works again lol
    Looks like the homepage of the App Catalog has changed. Now under 'Browse' your choices are 'Categories', 'What's New' and 'Hottest Apps'. I think it was 'Explore', 'Recent' and something else before.
    +1

I am pleased to report that after 1.4.1.1 my email accounts have magically returned!!! Universal search now also searches contacts again!!!... yet sloooowllllyyyy.

Hope the intermittent screen blackoutages have stopped.... we will see....
    ETUTREO300
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    this the first time I can honestly say it IS much snappier. And it's not due to the placebo effect. Great job Palm!
    Palm Pilot 5000 > Palm Pilot Pro> Palm V> Palm Vx> Palm 505> Samsung i500 (Palm OS)> Palm Treo 650> Plam Centro> Palm Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by GridIron21 View Post
    Do u know when that would be?
    I've heard whenever Jason updates to WebOS Quick Install 3.1
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.