Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    This MUST be coming state side as well. Why, you may ask? I read the O2 changelog, and there is a LOT more then just paid apps.

Version information

Version: webOS 1.4.1
    Release date: 31 March 2010
    New applications

NONE

Feature changes to existing applications

App Catalog
    You can now purchase and download apps that are for sale, in addition to downloading free apps.
    Bluetooth
    This release fixes an issue so that the phone now correctly connects with supported BMW car kits.
    Camera
    This release corrects a lag in the shutter sound when you take a picture.
    This release fixes an issue so that newly taken photos and videos do not overwrite existing ones.
    Contacts
    If you crop a picture before adding it to a contact, the picture appears cropped correctly in the contact entry.
    If you previously assigned either the Z or the B key as a speed dial, you can now continue to create speed dials.
    Doc View
    If you open a file and perform the back gesture, the app now returns to the file list screen.
    Pinching in/out to zoom out/in now works correctly.
    Messaging
    If you try to attach a video to an outgoing multimedia message, the list of available videos now displays only videos you recorded.
    PDF View
    If you open a file and perform the back gesture, the app now returns to the file list screen.
    Pinching in/out to zoom out/in now works correctly.
    System
    This release fixes an intermittent issue so that the volume slider no longer appears onscreen incorrectly.
    This release fixes an intermittent issue so that after the screen more reliably turns on after a single press of the power button.
    Touchstone charging dock
    When the phone is on a Touchstone charging dock, the screen now consistently turns off correctly (displaying the lock icon and the time) after the shut-off interval.
    Videos
    If you record a video, upload the video to YouTube, and send a link to the video via email, the email recipient can click the link and view the video. Previously, clicking the link displayed an error message.
    This release fixes an issue so that when you upload a video to YouTube, the file always includes both video and audio.
    Web
    The forward gesture now works correctly in the browser.

So, everyone has to get it. Nothing else makes sense.
    Theme removed and all patch compatible. Ready for 1.4.1.

Not available yet for Bell Mobility at 18h30.
    Credit card details entered, now downloading Modern Combat Sandstorm (first thing that popped up)
    3.74 - whats the US$ price?
    Quote Originally Posted by slydog43 View Post
    how many people are going to say their phones are now slow since the update to 1.4.1 because so many people had the 800Mhz kernel.
    A lot..
    Ah... From o2 change log I can see that they are still fiddling with minor issues when the real issue of google shared calendars not updating which has been an issue for several months remains. Pretty sad...
    This canuck is waiting . . . . and waiting . . . and waiting . . .

Damnit! Why can I see Bell pucking us over and we get it next week.

PS. I say that 1 Modern Combat app last night and it got me all excited. But now I got to update. Noooooooooooooooooo! That means Bell's going to get it next week. :'(
    Quote Originally Posted by ukdoc View Post
    Credit card details entered, now downloading Modern Combat Sandstorm (first thing that popped up)
    3.74 - whats the US$ price?
    $6.99
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Scratch my previous statement....I'm an *****
    Last edited by FozzyBear; 03/31/2010 at 07:24 PM.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Downloading my update now. 5:52pm PST.
    Sprint Palm Pre
    Interestingly my update is reading webOS 1.4.1.1
    "This update contains a variety of minor software improvements."
    Well my nfl app wont connect to the server now is that in preparation for the update which kills the app anyway. Also why don't I have the update yet?!? Sprint in Austin, Tx

EDIT:Wow the second I posted the update popped up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Megazac View Post
    Downloading my update now. 5:52pm PST.
    Sprint Palm Pre
    Interestingly my update is reading webOS 1.4.1.1
    "This update contains a variety of minor software improvements."
    Downloading here in Salt Lake 19:09 and mine said the same thing. 1.4.1.1 hmmmmm.........
    Downloading NOW 9:10 EST on Sprint. Also, I too say 1.4.1.1. I think it's to differentiate from the paid catalogue one.
    Last edited by laelipoo; 03/31/2010 at 08:12 PM. Reason: more info
    I am downloading it right now. Palm Pre on Sprint in florida
    Anyone on Verizon getting update?
    Because if it only Sprint why the hell I removed a "speeding" patch?
    Also in Florida with a Sprint Palm Pre... downloading now
    Palm update info for the original SPRINT Palm Pre

* Version: webOS 1.4.1.1
    * Release date: 31 March 2010

New applications

NONE
    Feature changes to existing applications
    Bluetooth

* This release fixes an issue so that the phone now correctly connects with supported BMW car kits.

Camera

* This release corrects a lag in the shutter sound when you take a picture.
    * This release fixes an issue so that newly taken photos and videos do not overwrite existing ones.

Contacts

* If you crop a picture before adding it to a contact, the picture appears cropped correctly in the contact entry.
    * If you previously assigned either the Z or the B key as a speed dial, you can now continue to create speed dials.

Doc View

* If you open a file and perform the back gesture, the app now returns to the file list screen.
    * Pinching in/out to zoom out/in now works correctly.

Messaging

* If you try to attach a video to an outgoing multimedia message, the list of available videos now displays only videos you recorded.

PDF View

* If you open a file and perform the back gesture, the app now returns to the file list screen.
    * Pinching in/out to zoom out/in now works correctly.

Sprint Football Live

* The app previously named NFL is now named Sprint Football Live.

System

* This release fixes an intermittent issue so that the volume slider no longer appears onscreen incorrectly.

Touchstone charging dock

* When the phone is on a Touchstone charging dock, the screen now consistently turns off correctly (displaying the lock icon and the time) after the shut-off interval.

Videos

* If you record a video, upload the video to YouTube, and send a link to the video via email, the email recipient can click the link and view the video. Previously, clicking the link displayed an error message.
    * This release fixes an issue so that when you upload a video to YouTube, the file always includes both video and audio.

Web

* The forward gesture now works correctly in the browser.
    anyone else in Canada with a Pre?? I wonder when Bell is gonna get the update.
    as of 20:00, no update on my Bell Pre.
    AS of 9:00 EST no update on Verizon....
    As of 1:29PM, EST, "Palm webOS 1.4.1.1 is currently downloading."

Sorry, for Sprint in USA I mean.
    Last edited by rstubenrauch; 04/01/2010 at 12:53 PM. Reason: duh
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast