Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by connuh View Post
    can somebody inform me as to why i should remove 800mhz patch, and how do i do it? link? video? incompetent person here....
    Go into WebOS Quick Install / Tools / Linux Commandline and type
    sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh uninstall

Then do a full shutdown and restart then go to Tools / Delete File/Directory and put /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh in the path to remove the remnants.
    Paid apps for UK pre owners! yes! just removes 800mhz overclock. lag laggy lag lag laggy lag laggy lag booo
  3.    #43  
    Hm, checking for updates now almost instantly brings me to the "Your phone is up to date" screen. I wonder if they're throttling me?
    my pre needs a red bull after removing the 800mhz patch. this update best be worth it.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCForever View Post
    I checked the Update app a little bit ago and it said that 1.4.1 is now available so it looks like it should be going out to everyone. I am in Washington on Sprint so good luck.
    I just checked my Update app and was told my Pre is up to date. It must be a rollout over time. thorne
    3:44PM CST Wisconsin still no update...
    Does anyone know what has changed?
    http://learning.palm.com/splg/webos/

palm / webos learning video
    Quote Originally Posted by olidie View Post
    I'm not updating to 1.4.1 until the 800 patch is compatible. I don't think I can line without the 800. Don't want to take the risk.
    Your phone will automatically update, even if you don't choose to. So you have no choice.

I feel your pain brother, but suck it up and take it.

They'll update the 800 mhz patch soon enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by livelife View Post
    Does anyone know what has changed?
    Not to what can be mentioned yet. Palm will release a list tho.

The only people who know are:

1) Palm employees
    2) early access people (who don't even know 100% of the fixes)
    3) people who have heard from early access people (despite an NDA)
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    paid apps working if through the website with sms message, not available for download, but you don't get the country error unless you click download, game info etc available

tested with gangstar

- in canada
    The main chg will be the replacement of the NFL Mobile Live app with the Sprint Football Live app. Any other chgs will probably be minor. The reason this is out today is because the NFL Mobile Live app is out of contract at midnight tonight.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tkjunkmail; 03/31/2010 at 05:11 PM.
    From the European perspective.... no.. There's no NFL app on our phones.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cgokcea View Post
    Go into WebOS Quick Install / Tools / Linux Commandline and type
    sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh uninstall

Then do a full shutdown and restart then go to Tools / Delete File/Directory and put /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh in the path to remove the remnants.
    Awesome, thanks!
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjunkmail View Post
    The main chg will be the replacement of the NFL Mobile Live app with the Sprint Football Live app. Any other chgs will probably be minor. The reason this is out today is because the NFL Mobile Live app is out of contract at midnight tonight.
    Makes sense...
    They timed it well considering that International Paid apps is supposed to be the reason for the update. Sounds like two good reasons!
    Actually it's most likely that the biggest change will have to do with background applications, since it's already been mentioned on the Palm Developer forums.

I think basically it boils down to 1.3.5 had a very long window for apps to sit in the background, 1.4.0 had a very small window, and 1.4.1 should have somewhere in the middle.
    I used nfl app almost everyday. Sad to see it go. I even watched a few thursday night games on my pre,,no more. I hope this is a good app,,it has very large shoes to fill. I am looking forward to this update to see the new app.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I used nfl app almost everyday. Sad to see it go. I even watched a few thursday night games on my pre,,no more. I hope this is a good app,,it has very large shoes to fill. I am looking forward to this update to see the new app.
    My guess: they remove the exclusive content and NFL logos, and add in college stuff, but otherwise it'll be the same app.

Unfortunately, games broadcast on the NFL Network, and the NFL network videos are part of that exclusive content.
    My only issue with 1.4.1 is that I don't have it yet.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I dont believe there is a 1.4.1 update, you are all bonkers!
    ___
    Have already Pre-ordered my Nintendo Pre 2
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast