Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slydog43 View Post
    how many people are going to say their phones are now slow since the update to 1.4.1 because so many people had the 800Mhz kernel.
    2344 42 424234 23 ppl :P
    The phone is unstable period. I still got to handle I with care. Since June 09
    I'm hoping this update fixes the keyboard entering multiple characters, the unlock screen problem, the vibrating sporadically problem, and the random restarting problem.
    Ok so I removed the overclock patch and temperature monitor, but how do I remove GNU and lsdiff patches ? Or they do not need to be removed ? Assuming they are system-level patches I would still like to remove them if there is anyway to go about doing that.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slydog43 View Post
    how many people are going to say their phones are now slow since the update to 1.4.1 because so many people had the 800Mhz kernel.
    I dont want to remove mine...
    no update in cali for pixi yet as of 1240 PST
    No update in NY, Sprint, 3:45PM EST.
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I'm at 800Mhz, is there something I missed? Why do I need to remove?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Hoping the kernel patches can be ported to the new version or will already work out of the box. Really enjoyed the speed boost.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Nothing in Fort Worth yet...
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK View Post
    No update in NY, Sprint, 3:45PM EST.
    +1 On that. I just tried at 3:55pm EST in NYC. Nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobross View Post
    I'm at 800Mhz, is there something I missed? Why do I need to remove?
    It doesn't work with the new update.

Remove it and update...or leave it and don't update (but you will be forced to eventually).

There is an updated version of the OC process coming, so it shouldn't be a while on a slow *** 1.4.1 phone lol. I'm waiting to see the log on 1.4.1 before I decide.
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    I'm not updating to 1.4.1 until the 800 patch is compatible. I don't think I can line without the 800. Don't want to take the risk.
    germany have it -> www nexave de /forum /p390066-update-webos-1-4-1/.html#post390066

18:40 UTC > message, update available
    19:15 UTC > start installation
    19:31 UTC > installation finished
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    So if I installed - say, the battery % icon after the 1.4 update, do I really need to remove it before the 1.4.1 update? What happens if I don't remove it? 1st time dealing with patches and updates.. Thx!
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pmcardle View Post
    So if I installed - say, the battery % icon after the 1.4 update, do I really need to remove it before the 1.4.1 update? What happens if I don't remove it? 1st time dealing with patches and updates.. Thx!
    No, simple patches like that are handled by the AUPT feature in Preware and all of your current patches. However, if you have things like overclocking installed, remove that before updating.
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
    can somebody inform me as to why i should remove 800mhz patch, and how do i do it? link? video? incompetent person here....
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by connuh View Post
    can somebody inform me as to why i should remove 800mhz patch, and how do i do it? link? video? incompetent person here....
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...tall-b-89.html

Has uninstall information towards bottom of thread^

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2346144

Explanation^
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
    when is it scheduled or projected date of release. and if so.. feedback, feedback, feedback ppl... i kind of want to know if it es even worth updating to 1.4.1
    I assume AUPT will handle the patches as it did with the 1.4 update. The one patch I am concerned about is the "change-user-agent" binary patch installed via the Linux command line in WebOSQI. Does anyone know whether AUPT will also handle this patch?
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast