1.    #1  
    I am running a Sprint Pre with 1.4 and about 30 patches at the moment. I haven't been brave enough to overclock my Pre however, even though I've heard that it helps to cure the Too Many Cards Open problem that's been plaguing us since the 1.4 update.

This past Sunday I was busy using my Pre when I stated getting the Too Many Cards Open notice. So I closed out a card or two, opened Jstop did a Garbage Collection and kept going.
    After about a half an hour it came up again so I repeated. Over the next few hours I ran Garbage Collection about 10 times and even did a Luna Restart to no avail.

Now not only was I getting Too Many Cards but also the Memory Critical notification.
    Finally I decided to go ahead sit through the Full Restart, of about 2.5 to 3 min or so.
    It is now Wednesday and I haven't had the dreaded message yet. Though it's a bit inconvenient Rebooting seems to be a good fix.
    I just wanted to share this.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    I have Preset Reset installed and it is set to reboot every day at 3am. Every morning I open Precentral, the Engadget app and DrPodder and get the Too Many Cards about every day after these three apps have been running together for a few hours. I think there is some weird memory leak issue between these three things. Yes, rebooting AGAIN fixes the issue but it is never solved completely. Very strange indeed and at least I can plan for this so when it happens I just roll my eyes and prepare for a 4 minute reboot. At least I get my bathroom break regularly.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by keri2000 View Post
    I have Preset Reset installed and it is set to reboot every day at 3am. Every morning I open Precentral, the Engadget app and DrPodder and get the Too Many Cards about every day after these three apps have been running together for a few hours. I think there is some weird memory leak issue between these three things. Yes, rebooting AGAIN fixes the issue but it is never solved completely. Very strange indeed and at least I can plan for this so when it happens I just roll my eyes and prepare for a 4 minute reboot. At least I get my bathroom break regularly.
    Oh I realize it doesn't solve it completely, but it's a big help. I'm aware of Jason's app but I keep my phone on all night playing the radio so rebooting over night is no good for me right now.

Quote Originally Posted by keri2000 View Post
    I used to use that, but after a reset:
    1) my screen would stay on for some reason?
    2) notification alerts that may have come in before the reset would then be gone. I missed many messages over night.

Fix those two, and I'd give it another go. Then again, it's probably better to just set up cron on the phone via webos internals instructions and schedule a reboot there as the unix gods intended.
  5.    #5  
    Cool avatar Knobbysideup

just install the 800 mhz overclock patch and thats all... Fix the annoying "too many cards open".
    :d
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jobito8 View Post
    just install the 800 mhz overclock patch and thats all... Fix the annoying "too many cards open".
    :d
    This also worked for me. It also seemed like my battery life *improved*, but that might just be wishful thinking as I did not do any rigorous tests.